Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #585
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
wow, I just had Alabama challenge the spot of the ball, and instead of hearing some b-roll commentary, I actually saw the ref say "Alabama has challenged the spot of the ball". Not only that, I got the Ref saying "After reviewing evidence, the call on the field is overturned."

How freaking sweet it that?
Wow, we know we have been in bad shape when we are excited about old features like this. Good to see its back in a football game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #586
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

played 2 games, one of each matchup (im on 360):

Played on AA.

Alabama(me) vs Fla St. - Several turnovers in game, all INT(3), was 7-3 going into 4th, they get a touchdown pass with 20 sec left to win 10-7. My touchdown was on a hail mary pass before the half.

Oregon(me) vs Texas - All me on this one beside a late texas TD, I won 20-7. I started game with a kickoff return for TD. Also had a nice drive to get a running TD inside redzone. Also 2 FG. The Texas o-line on numerous occasions were just pancaking my d-line with ease, anyone else notice this?

Game looks great, added presentation is cool. Play seems like a refined 2011, which to me is not a bad thing. New tackling is nice and ofcourse defense is way better.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #587
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

10-0 victory against Texas
I am able to generate a good pass rush. Got 2 sacks that was user-related.
1 thing I didnt like was that once I was able to get pressure on the QB he started to act scary. The Qb starts to scramble away and hangs on the ball until last sec
Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #588
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

OK so I have three more games to report on.

I played a third CPU game, again on Heisman, FSU vs Bama and lost 28-20.

All of Bamas TDs were long plays. Three big runs by Richardson where my d line was just pancaked in unison and a deep pass on a blitz where I deserved to get beat. On offense I was able to complete deep passes even against the Bama D on heisman.

Then, my roommate and I played two user games. We are pretty even in skill. FIrst game was Oregon vs Texas, he was Oregon, I was Texas. We set it to heisman.

He won 14-7. My TD was a fumbled pitch return for a TD, my offense was ****. I had a couple decent runs but Gilbert was eaten alive. Something about the way zone defense played in the user games bothers me. The defenders just play so soft. Passes are being completed that in real life wouldnt be because the defender would be right there to make a play but in the game you can just lob it up against zone and the defender will sit there, watch him catch it, and then tackle. It really bothers me. I didnt notice this as much in the CPU games, but definitely in both user games. We both had vertical plays against zone where we just lobbed it into coverage and came down with it uncontested. I had a theory that made this was only happening because we had it heisman and heisman dumbs down user players so our next game we played:

Me: Bama Him: FSU

This time set to All-American.

Game seemed to play a little better. I am frustrated by the lack of man align pre snap function working once again. Does anybody over at EA test this? Its hard for me to blitz when I have to manually align the guys in coverage and try to get back to my LB in time before he snaps it, which of ourse he will ASAP when he sees me doing this. I won 21-14 in OT. I was able to run it pretty easily against him. Zone D seemed to play kinda tight, I still dont see defenders being aggressive at all...they just sit back and let it happen right next to them...kinda frustrating. Pass rush from the front 4 was again very inconsistent. More inconsistent then in the CPU games.

Oh, and just to point out, in 4 CPU games on heisman, not a single scramble.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #589
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Who you playing against ? FSU QB seems to take off the most to me.
So far I have played against every team except for FSU. I hate Bama, which is why I haven't used them yet. I'll guess I will play as them to see if the FSU QB actually scrambles, but there is no reason why the other QB's shouldn't have taken off at least once. Darron Thomas in particular with his running ability, should have taken off at least a couple of times. Like I said I am hoping the demo is an older build and they made some tweaks to it since then, but as it stands I haven't noticed improvement in this area.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 06-28-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #590
MVP

OVR: 12

Guys, check and see if the "strip button, LB" does anyhing for you. Seems like its not working for me. Last year when you hit it you could see the player perform strip animation. I'm not seeing it this year, going to play another game to double check.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #591
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

2nd half of the Oregon/Texas game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #592
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Still getting instances, on Kick Return, where the returner runs the ball as if he is running the option. This was a bug/glitch in 2011, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »