Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #1393
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBorn1
The juke move seems really bad. Maybe its just me, but it seems the only running back special move worth anything is the spin. Well that and just plowing over people, lol.
Its all about the flick and tap

I now have luck with junk and the stiff arm moves. For the juke I just flick the stick and I break ankles or slide out of a tackle. When I hold the stick I find it less effective. Rather when running through a crowd I give it little flicks left and right and work through the crowd. Their not huge jumping jukes but more like little shuffles. Guess its more like chaining move together.

Stiff arm his also i quick tap of the button. I used to think by holding the button I would be using a stronger stiff arm, However I would always be tackled. With a quick tap of the button its like a quick jab to the head. I push them off and even throw them to the ground on a regular basis.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #1394
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If you use the right thumbstick to juke, then you're going to get a quick step type move. I only use the right thumbstick juke when trying to get into a hole that just opened up fast.

If you want to use an actual juke like we used to have, just flick the left thumbstick over. That's how I juke now when going for a big jump type juke. Also, flicking back on the left thumbstick does a stop and go type juke that works even against the CPU. I performed one on a kickoff and had a guy over pursue me into the sidelines on Heisman.

― Plato
Old 07-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #1395
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

Played with every team twice on Heisman. But it felt like an older version of the game. Also, zone works better and it seemed really hard to run and pass the ball compared to last year. I would find a good sized hole for a run and I still got suction tackled. Or I would go on drives 3 and out because None of my receivers was ever open. It just seems like it's harder to run and pass

Last edited by Freakydeaky9; 07-01-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #1396
Rookie

BlitzPackage's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakydeaky9
Or I would go on drives 3 and out because None of my receivers was ever open.

I noticed when trying to throw in between the corner and safety in a cover2, the outside linebacker would always jump up and swat the ball away. How it's possible to swat a ball intended for the sidelines from the hashmarks is beyond me. When I have a ten-yard window between the corner and safety and can't get the ball to him because a linebacker (who by the way, is in no position to make a play other than to turn his hips and pursue the ball's path), has an uncharacteristic attribute that renders your correct "read" worthless, it's defeating. This isn't "difficulty", it's garbage. I like a challenge, don't get me wrong. I do understand that there is no way to "perfectly" duplicate football. Recievers are open on plays, but if a linebacker is 5 yards in front of them, you'll never get the ball to them...unless of course you try to lob it into the waiting hands of a safety or corner.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #1397
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

After playing NCAA extensively the last 3 years, this seems too much like last year's version. Opening presentation will get old after awhile and players will be skipping past cutscenes. The only way you're going to hold player's interest is what you add in the franchise mode. I haven't heard what those additions might be, if any but it seems like their big selling point this year is the opening presentations. Which again, the newness will wear off quickly. Even changing the commentary can greatly improve a game. I'll be taking a year off from NCAA.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #1398
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I can't get over how much fun it is to run out of the shotgun with Oregon in the demo. Even on Heisman I am gaining 4 yards here, 2 here, then breaking off for 20+, then getting stuffed, and it all feels natural. I am able to bring in the defense after 3-4 positive gains and throw one right over their heads for a TD.

I am thinking Heisman may be the way I go this year.

― Plato
Old 07-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #1399
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopadres
After playing NCAA extensively the last 3 years, this seems too much like last year's version. Opening presentation will get old after awhile and players will be skipping past cutscenes. The only way you're going to hold player's interest is what you add in the franchise mode. I haven't heard what those additions might be, if any but it seems like their big selling point this year is the opening presentations. Which again, the newness will wear off quickly. Even changing the commentary can greatly improve a game. I'll be taking a year off from NCAA.

They added Coaching Carousel which looks great and they added custom conference/custom conference re-alignment.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #1400
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUsouthpaw2013
Has anyone blocked a punt or a field goal yet? I was hoping that would be possible (if rare) in this year's game.
Yes, twice!! But, I was offsides. I was trying to jump the snap. It looked like I did. Too bad no instant replay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »