Home

Oregon National Championship Jerseys

This is a discussion on Oregon National Championship Jerseys within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Oregon National Championship Jerseys

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Yes Pogo I realize you still only have a limited number of jersey options for created teams that was my point from earlier in the thread. I'd like that number to be increased to match the team in the game with the most options (oregon)

for rivalries someone can correct me if I'm off, but say I give my team the Texas roster and then I swap that team with the real Texas in dynasty I'm fairly certain most of the rivalries will be the same
TeamBuilder teams retain primary rivals only.

Texas' primary rival is Oklahoma. And there are a few teams who have Texas as their primary rival. These are the teams your teambuilder team would retain rivalries with.

But, Arkansas for example. Arkansas' listed rivals are LSU (primary), Texas A&M, Texas, Ole Miss. LSU has Arkansas listed as its primary rival, and while other teams may have Arkansas as A rival, no others have Arkansas as a primary rival.

So if I built an Arkansas teambuilder team with some alternate uniforms, the only rival my team would get is LSU. Texas, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss wouldn't be considered rivalry games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 29

okay yes I get you for some reason I was thinking pipeline states not rivalries. That's true, but back to my original point to WyxHarmon I don't think anyone would care about us giving Texas pink alts in our own game. And even though the copied school may not be exact it's still close enough that if someone was watching the game who didn't know any better they most likely could not tell the difference
Old 07-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #27
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash Woodson
i wish those unis made the cut!

as far as cheating, do we only consider it cheating if you get caught? or do we consider it is cheating if the media decides to run the story for multiple months because there is no real info to run??? You can name any school and it is likely they have done something unruly to keep or gain a prospect... it happens, so lets just be lucky there are any teams left to play on ncaa12... and lets stay on topic
That is such a terrible excuse it's not even funny.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #28
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I have a hard time believing EA left out the unis on purpose.

Go find a video of the live chat for the demo. If I remeber correctly the Athletic Department at Oregon did not want the National Title uniforms in the game. Much the same (as others have said) as Florida not wanting the White Pro Comabt helmets in the game (I think it was pro combat, I'm not positive).
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #29
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Yes Pogo I realize you still only have a limited number of jersey options for created teams that was my point from earlier in the thread. I'd like that number to be increased to match the team in the game with the most options (oregon)

for rivalries someone can correct me if I'm off, but say I give my team the Texas roster and then I swap that team with the real Texas in dynasty I'm fairly certain most of the rivalries will be the same
The number of uniforms in teambuilder do not need to go up to Oregon Numbers (of those 10, 4 are not used in real life). We should be able to have at least 3 dark colored jerseys (would prefer 4) and 2 away uniforms (Georgia Tech and Oregon are the only ones with 2 white jerseys, and even then only Oregon has 2 aways) and 3 pants.

Each team shouldn't be given extra slots simply because one school decides the normal approach to uniforms is not their style. If you want 10 jersey slots for your team convince them to add more uniforms to its rotation, EA shouldn't be required to provide more slots because one team has more than the rest of CFB.

Also your idea isn't compatible with how the game works, NCAA's approach to creating a team is with teambuilder, Madden still uses an in-game creator (which is inferior, and limited) teambuilder can't be used the same way Madden is able to use their creation tools.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 07-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #30
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
The number of uniforms in teambuilder do not need to go up to Oregon Numbers (of those 10, 4 are not used in real life). We should be able to have at least 3 dark colored jerseys (would prefer 4) and 2 away uniforms (Georgia Tech and Oregon are the only ones with 2 white jerseys, and even then only Oregon has 2 aways) and 3 pants.

Each team shouldn't be given extra slots simply because one school decides the normal approach to uniforms is not their style. If you want 10 jersey slots for your team convince them to add more uniforms to its rotation, EA shouldn't be required to provide more slots because one team has more than the rest of CFB.

Also your idea isn't compatible with how the game works, NCAA's approach to creating a team is with teambuilder, Madden still uses an in-game creator (which is inferior, and limited) teambuilder can't be used the same way Madden is able to use their creation tools.
There should be an unlimited amount of slots. I'm done.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #31
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Oregon should have those jerseys in the game just off national championship, also if we have PC's we should have all helmets, socks, under shirts and everything else. Next year EA's motto should be " No excuses, if we say it's in the game THEN it's in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #32
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Oregon should have those jerseys in the game just off national championship, also if we have PC's we should have all helmets, socks, under shirts and everything else. Next year EA's motto should be " No excuses, if we say it's in the game THEN it's in the game.
EA does not have the rights to those uniforms. Simple. You cannot use what you do not have.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »