Home

Gamestop - First To Play Weekend/Midnight Release

This is a discussion on Gamestop - First To Play Weekend/Midnight Release within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Gamestop - First To Play Weekend/Midnight Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouzwun
Didn't see anything about this on here. If there is a thread then please close and and lock etc.

"Join us beginning at 10pm on Monday, July 11th, to celebrate the release of NCAA Football 12! NCAA Football 12 will be available for purchase at 12:01am on Tuesday, July 12th.

All GameStop stores will host a “First to Play” weekend for NCAA Football 12. Beginning Saturday, July 9th, come visit any local GameStop and try out NCAA Football 12 for the PS3. This first to play event will extend through the launch of the game on July 12th.
Lines may form early at some locations - call your local participating store for details."

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/ncaa2012/

Looks like a way for some of us who aren't able to get it early to try it out before buying it. Unfortunately my Gamestop doesn't have midnight release
I work..so there's my need to get it early...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouzwun
Didn't see anything about this on here. If there is a thread then please close and and lock etc.

"Join us beginning at 10pm on Monday, July 11th, to celebrate the release of NCAA Football 12! NCAA Football 12 will be available for purchase at 12:01am on Tuesday, July 12th.

All GameStop stores will host a “First to Play” weekend for NCAA Football 12. Beginning Saturday, July 9th, come visit any local GameStop and try out NCAA Football 12 for the PS3. This first to play event will extend through the launch of the game on July 12th.
Lines may form early at some locations - call your local participating store for details."

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/ncaa2012/

Looks like a way for some of us who aren't able to get it early to try it out before buying it. Unfortunately my Gamestop doesn't have midnight release

If that is also a list of all gamestops that will have a midnight release, looks like my local one isn't having one. Not only that, there doesn't appear to be a single one in Manhattan that I could change my preorder to. There's no way I'm traveling to the Bronx/Brooklyn/Queens at midnight for this as I'll fall asleep on the train ride back.

Still holding out hope the local one decides to have a midnight release at the last minute and I'll call Monday to see, but it does not look good.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0

I just went to Walmart last year and copped it @ midnight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Yeah last year was the first year I just went to wally world to get it instead of 20 minutes away at gamestop.. it was easier and faster; one other guy was there getting it at 12 am
Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinolian
Yeah last year was the first year I just went to wally world to get it instead of 20 minutes away at gamestop.. it was easier and faster; one other guy was there getting it at 12 am
Yea that's where I always go to, and for the same reason. We usually have 5-15 here in small town TN
Old 07-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

[quote=pinolian;2042561123]Yeah last year was the first year I just went to wally world to get it instead of 20 minutes away at gamestop.. it was easier and faster; one other guy was there getting it at 12 am [/quote
The GameStop in my city is having a midnight release and is right next to a WalMart. Hmm, where to take my business? NCAA 12 "CAN'T WAIT" (Bart Scott voice)
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #15
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Does Gamestop refund pre-orders? I might just go to wally this year.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #16
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Does Gamestop refund pre-orders? I might just go to wally this year.
We do, but as an employee it's not very nice since whoever you cancel it with with get a -1 for the day...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »