Home

NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Gameplay and Presentation

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Gameplay and Presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #57
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

OVR: 2
Lack of a dramatic overhaul of the commentary and in game announcing is simply baffeling. For years EA football titles have been raked over the coals for their lack of innovation in thier commentary logic.. It has stayed much the same for a decade. Although 3 d grass is nice and lights sparkeling on helmets are subtle improvements, they pale in compare to the announcing and commentary being the downfall in the presentation during the gameplay experience.

It' sad EA will not embrace incorperating new technology regarding this aspect of the game. Every year since 2000, the commentary on madden and ncaa has stayed much the same with evry annoucing team always sounding canned, repetive, and severly lacking in AI. There is no reason why EA chooses to ingnore this aspect of the game during devlopement process year after year. To this day EA has not even included simple technology that would allow for annouibncers to recognize created or fictional player first or last names although the technology to do so has existed for years.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Seems to me you expect to much from a video game because exactly how you described your feelings is how I see all games but it does not bug me because no game is going to give you what you see in real life.

Not MLB the SHow, Not NBA 2K11 not Madden, all the games do is provide a simulation of some sort
I honestly don't expect a lot. All I expect is realistic outcomes of situations and real-time physics. Why is that like asking the producers of the game if they want a root canal? I feel like people would have an easier time trying to talk a 4-star recruit into attending Eastern Michigan.

Once you implement RTP into a game, see: FIFA 12, realistic outcomes of situations happen and a lot of the problems with the gameplay are solved. Will FIFA 12 be perfect? No, but it will be nice to see realistic goals and outcomes that wait for it... happen in real life. That's all I expect, realistic outcomes.

I will give you an example of what I am talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMCAauzBaEg&playnext=1&list=PL764B7CBCBEF10228

In this play, Stanford has 9 guys in the box. NINE, to stop the run. and the motion of the left receiver puts 10 guys in the box (!!!!). But that DOES NOT MATTER because the defense could not anticipate the direction of the run and the zone-read forced them to hesitate, which opened up a hole. This does not happen in the game because the players do not move realistically. If this situation was presented in the game, someone would be warping around and ice skating and magically appear in the backfield unblocked because the zone read takes too long or the defensive play is WAY TOO FAST or just because they knew I was running and still ran it, even though the CPU did not know the direction.

It's just so frustrating.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 12
Sure, I may take some of these games too seriously, but that is because we are all being falsely marketed to and they are getting away with it. They market the game as a simulation experience that is meant to mirror real football on the field. But yet, it plays like an arcade game and there are few realistic football interactions and situational outcomes. I don't mind if it plays like an arcade game if it is marketed as just fun football for the masses or something. But don't market it as a simulation football experience, or "everything you see on saturdays" and then have the game play like an arcade game. I don't see much warping and ice skating on saturdays. I don't see many superhuman linebackers or safeties covering a 25-yard post route even though they are 15 yards away from the play.

I don't take games like Call of Duty too seriously because it is marketed as a fun multiplayer experience and isnt necessarily going to be overly realistic. I just don't like being deceived.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #60
Rookie

kwomack12's Arena

OVR: 7
Can you use a broadcast camera when you play, like in the image where Clemson is playing Georgia?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »