Home

Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
Custom Conferences

I got the Big Ten back down to 10 teams and when I did that it's not what the schedule should be. Ohio State does not play Michigan the last game of the year anymore. Is there anyway to fix this ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
NCAA Football 13 Technical Director

Re: Custom Conferences

Hi, I worked on this feature, and I can tell you that it will *try* to schedule annual rivalries like Michigan-Ohio State on the correct dates, even if you mess around with conferences.

Can you tell me exactly what changes you made to get the Big Ten down? Did you simply remove Nebraska and Penn State?

Were Michigan and Ohio State not playing each other at all? Or were they actually playing each other, but on the incorrect date? What date?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I posted this in the other thread:

The same thing happened to me. I took out Penn State and Nebraska to give the Big 10 team teams. Michigan still plays Ohio State in week 14, as I think it's supposed to be. However, Michigan then plays Wisconsin in week 15.

I was afraid something like this would happen. It completely destroys the purpose of having custom conferences.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I posted this in the other thread:

The same thing happened to me. I took out Penn State and Nebraska to give the Big 10 team teams. Michigan still plays Ohio State in week 14, as I think it's supposed to be. However, Michigan then plays Wisconsin in week 15.

I was afraid something like this would happen. It completely destroys the purpose of having custom conferences.
Thanks, we will investigate this issue.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I have a whole thread on this where I go through what happens to schedules.

There needs to be an additional option in conference setup where you designate the last week games should be played period. That will eliminate some of this. If you tell the Big Ten to be done by week 14, then you're good. Prior to this year, they and the MWC would commonly finish 2 weeks before championship week. They should have put that along with the start of conference games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #6

After investigating this, I can tell you that dochalladay is essentially correct.

The way the scheduling system works is that once it has determined that two teams should play (based on whatever conference changes you may have made), it first checks the REAL schedule to see if they were already scheduled to play. If so, it tries to schedule the game on that date, or on the closest date available for both teams. Otherwise, it just picks an available date.

What happens here is that the Ohio State - Michigan game remains on the correct date, but because you've removed the Championship Game from the Big Ten, it opens up that week as available to schedule other games in. Since Michigan and Wisconsin aren't scheduled to play in 2011, it just picks an available open date, in this case, the week that was previously reserved for the Championship Game.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuhl79
After investigating this, I can tell you that dochalladay is essentially correct.

The way the scheduling system works is that once it has determined that two teams should play (based on whatever conference changes you may have made), it first checks the REAL schedule to see if they were already scheduled to play. If so, it tries to schedule the game on that date, or on the closest date available for both teams. Otherwise, it just picks an available date.

What happens here is that the Ohio State - Michigan game remains on the correct date, but because you've removed the Championship Game from the Big Ten, it opens up that week as available to schedule other games in. Since Michigan and Wisconsin aren't scheduled to play in 2011, it just picks an available open date, in this case, the week that was previously reserved for the Championship Game.
It is nice to have people who worked on the game come in and answer our questions. Thank you! I'd like to see more of this.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

I also have this problem, not sure if i should post in here. But when ever i change the big ten division names, Indiana somehow get schedulr a game at North Texas on August 27. the other big tean games are now week 2, which is week 1 in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »