Home

Any news on progression?

This is a discussion on Any news on progression? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Any news on progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
It's still better, and i for one am not upset if the letter grades of teams are all closer together. As long as the WRs can catch and RBs dont fumble like pop warner players, it's not going to affect your play as much as you think.
When I'm an SEC team and all 4 of my non-conference games are now just as tough any of my conference games were at the beginning of my dynasty, it effects my gameplay.

When I'm a Memphis and I want to enjoy a dynasty of competitive recruiting to build a program that could maybe compete in the SEC and after just two years, my average player is an 80-90 OVR rather than 60-65 OVR because of no reason other than players are progressing TOO much?

I didn't have a problem with WR catching or RB fumbling with last year's game (not that recruiting and progression was perfect), but if the gap between the best and worst is cut completely in half after just two seasons, then progression is still broken.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
Banned

stevehoos's Arena

OVR: 0

62 Elite level players in the NFL draft is way off, try more like 15 or 20, and in some cases 10.

EA with all their graphs, technology, and braggng about their great game each year still can't get this right? Is it really that hard to grasp? Almost anyone on this site who has been playing dynasty for many years could tell you close to what needs to be done.

Last edited by stevehoos; 07-13-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #19
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I thought it said on the OS radio show that progression had been fixed? Or have they overcompensated?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #20
Banned

stevehoos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I thought it said on the OS radio show that progression had been fixed? Or have they overcompensated?
You would have thought that some of these "gaming pros" might have noticed the broken playbook glitch at some point? when I took me 10 mintues to find this something does not add up.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #21
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

One reason it doesn't bother me that much is because that means there will still be a lot of quality opponents to play. I liked the idea of what they did last year but once I got 7 or 8 years into my Dynasty, my team was an A- (at Penn State) but hardly anyone else's was, so I would only have maybe 2 games a year that I had any chance of losing.

Now, at least there will be hopefully 5-6 teams a year on my schedule that can give me a run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #22
Rookie

I believe the biggest factor to the increased overall ratings we are seeing is the average awareness of each player being much higher, particularly QB.

This is not a bad thing. It makes the game better and more realistic.

Notice the QB scrambling this year? THAT IS A DIRECT CORRELATION TO INCREASED AWARENESS.

I think the individual skill ratings in this years version are great and make the best NCAA to date by a large margin.

People need to get over the "Overall" rating. Who cares if a player's "overall" rating is inflated simply by increased awareness.

If EA thinks the overall rating is messed up it should be an easy fix:
Modify the "Overall" formula making awareness not as large of a factor in its calculation.

Last edited by gmmsports; 07-13-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmsports
I believe the biggest factor to the increased overall ratings we are seeing this year is the average awareness of each player being much higher particularly QB.

This is not a bad thing. It makes the game better and more realistic.

Notice the QB scrambling this year? THAT IS A DIRECT CORRELATION TO INCREASED AWARENESS.

I think the individual skill ratings in this years version are great and make the best NCAA to date by a large margin.

People need to get over the "Overall" rating. Who cares if a player's "overall" rating is inflated simply by increased awareness.

If EA thinks the overall rating is messed up it should be an easy fix:
Modify the "Overall" formula making awareness not as large of a factor in its calculation.
Yeah that was what I was what I asked earlier in this thread. Some one said they were going to check to see if that was the case or not. Because like you said if it is the higher Awarness that is a good thing but if it is just all ratings jumping up that isn't so much.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #24
Rookie

After muddling around some other messages I think I may have found the problem.

Players progress based on a coach's prestige. The out of the box coach ratings are way to high thus resulting in too much progression. You can edit the coaches initial ratings and this should greatly help with progression.

See here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-coaches.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »