Home

Question About Installing NCAA12 to a 4GB XBOX 360

This is a discussion on Question About Installing NCAA12 to a 4GB XBOX 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Question About Installing NCAA12 to a 4GB XBOX 360

Quote:
Thanks to all who answered my question. A special thanks for the info that NCAA12 consumes about 6 GB of memory.

Now, one more question: Can the game be installed to an 8 GB Flash Drive and played from the flash drive? Would there be performance issues while playing from a Flash Drive?

Thanks,

Art

Nope, can only be installed to a HDD.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Thanks to all who answered my question. A special thanks for the info that NCAA12 consumes about 6 GB of memory.

Now, one more question: Can the game be installed to an 8 GB Flash Drive and played from the flash drive? Would there be performance issues while playing from a Flash Drive?

Thanks,

Art
You cannot install games on usb sticks....The 8gb would be treated like a 4gb memory card. I had a 16gb one before and could not install it.

You can only install on large hdd 120 250
Old 07-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

OK - no go regarding installation to a Flash Drive. Guess I'll have to spring for a hard drive to avoid possible loss of the disc drive due to excessive wear.

Thanks.

Art
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

[quote=abp667;2042594172]I just bought one of these for my 4gb and It works great and cost almost half of the official Microsoft HDD.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20[/QUOTE

I think its great that you are trying to save the guy some money but

Do. Not. Buy. Third. Party HDDs.

Couple of reasons

1. Not as reliable
2. Some of the cheap drives do not have the "firmware" requited to play xbox 1 games
3. This could be considered a hardware mod by Microosft and thus a ban from XBL
4. Might void warrenty

http://majornelson.com/2009/10/16/un...orage-devices/
Old 07-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #13
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm not sure why people are saying that you can't install games to a flash drive.
When I had my 20gig hd,I didn't have anymore room,so I installed Alan Wake as well as the dlc onto a flash drive,and the game worked flawlessly.

I'm not sure about sports games and what-not,but to say games cannot be installed onto a flash drive is not true.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #14
Rookie

[quote=maxmouse2008;2042595642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abp667
I just bought one of these for my 4gb and It works great and cost almost half of the official Microsoft HDD.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20[/QUOTE

I think its great that you are trying to save the guy some money but

Do. Not. Buy. Third. Party HDDs.

Couple of reasons

1. Not as reliable
2. Some of the cheap drives do not have the "firmware" requited to play xbox 1 games
3. This could be considered a hardware mod by Microosft and thus a ban from XBL
4. Might void warrenty

http://majornelson.com/2009/10/16/un...orage-devices/
I installed it and my brand new Slim recognized it immediately and I transferred all my data over from my old 20gb. I've had no issues with xbox live or logging on. I researched a good bit before purchasing and everything I read indicated that it would not void my warranty or cause a ban.

The article you linked to is 2yrs old and appears to be referring more to usb memory units. Is it more of a risk? Sure but for $40-50 less this is a chance I was willing to take. I can only go by what I've seen and so far so good. If something does go wrong then I'll be sure to post an update.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:42 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

how do you do the install on the new model as the old one was simple slide

[quote=abp667;2042596980]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmouse2008

I installed it and my brand new Slim recognized it immediately and I transferred all my data over from my old 20gb. I've had no issues with xbox live or logging on. I researched a good bit before purchasing and everything I read indicated that it would not void my warranty or cause a ban.

The article you linked to is 2yrs old and appears to be referring more to usb memory units. Is it more of a risk? Sure but for $40-50 less this is a chance I was willing to take. I can only go by what I've seen and so far so good. If something does go wrong then I'll be sure to post an update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #16
Rookie

It shows it in the instructions I believe. But when the Xbox is standing vertically if you look on the buttom you'll see a tab towards the rear of the console. Pull up on the tab to reveal the hard drive slot. Slide the microsoft or other hdd into the slot and replace the cover. Done.

http://flicktitio.us/wp-content/uplo...08/photo-4.jpg

[quote=dustin8131;2042597083]how do you do the install on the new model as the old one was simple slide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »