Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #257
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't get how people say the cpu AI is smarter. On offense I still see slow QBs running the option, I don't see the cpu QB getting the ball in the hands of the best wide receivers, I see terrible clock management, etc. We are still a long, long way off before the cpu actually calls good plays and use their personel properly. They don't act play like a human in any way unless you say the person calling the plays is Forest Gump. All of the cpu RBs run the same way. Big backs and small backs seem to use the exact same logic when running. I see no personality in this game. Great players are often invisible.

The lack of real physics and player momentum is really going to hurt long term. Football needs this more than any other sport and without a big improvement I'm not sure NCAA 13 will be a first day purchase.

One of my biggest complaints has been the neutered RBs. The stiff arm, r-stick juke and truck move all suck. Those were fun and now they are not. I can't seem to make any good moves in the open field anymore.
Agreed for the most part. I would like to see CPU teams try to get the ball to their big time WR's more.

Disagree on the rstick part.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #258
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I don't get how people say the cpu AI is smarter. On offense I still see slow QBs running the option, I don't see the cpu QB getting the ball in the hands of the best wide receivers, I see terrible clock management, etc. We are still a long, long way off before the cpu actually calls good plays and use their personel properly. They don't act play like a human in any way unless you say the person calling the plays is Forest Gump. All of the cpu RBs run the same way. Big backs and small backs seem to use the exact same logic when running. I see no personality in this game. Great players are often invisible.

The lack of real physics and player momentum is really going to hurt long term. Football needs this more than any other sport and without a big improvement I'm not sure NCAA 13 will be a first day purchase.

One of my biggest complaints has been the neutered RBs. The stiff arm, r-stick juke and truck move all suck. Those were fun and now they are not. I can't seem to make any good moves in the open field anymore.

While I agree with most of this post, I have to say the cpu (with the right sliders of course) is giving me a much better game than any previous NCAA title.

I love the running game aspect of football games. And I agree the moves and stiff arm are weak. This is a great area of opportunity for EA going forward. I think the blocking is much better and the flow and feel are very good, but I want to see more personality with different RB's.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 07-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #259
Rookie

boodahisthe1's Arena

OVR: 3
i love the game....ive come to realize that people are gonna complain regardless..no matter what....some people would rather focus on the negatives instead of the postives and the positives out weigh the negatives on this game....smh....10 years from now when games are look so realistic and play incredibly smooth, people will still focus on the negatives....if u dont like the game trade it in
Old 07-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #260
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
I'm not even sure EA CARES about how you play online.
they obviously care because they "nerf" certain plays, like the wildcat, to coddle the online community. while guys like me, never play online because of people like you just ranted about.

I am not feeling too good about this game this year. love all the additions with dynasty, but the defense is driving me up a wall. I want a challenge, but I don't want to feel like I am being cheated the entire time.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #261
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
neutered basically every person that has the ball in their hands. I can't juke anyone. however I can roll over people with a FB pass. its like the ball handler is stuck in syrup.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #262
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I'll put it like this: Just played against a guy. Ranked 104 in the nation. Used Oregon. The guy runs out of ONE formation - It has a RB, two FBs, a TE, and a OLB for some reason. Kept running to the strong side LITERALLY ALL GAME until I figured out how to stop it.

Then few times he passed, out of 4 wide, he cheesed an outside slant to #7 on Oregon. Picked off one though for a TD. I shut that down after about the second time he ran it.

THEN he comes out in some formation that has 4 QBs and 6 WRs and a CB, and they all huddle up at the ball. I don't know if it's a bug, but I know my DT was somehow called for offsides one play, and he accepted it quick. He came out in it again later, so I moved the DT and he couldn't do anything, and got a delay of game.

Let's not forget, he used a nano blitz. Told me it was in the 3-3-5 stack.

In my mind I beat him. Technically, no, because I was up 31-24 (I kicked an onside kick and got it, just to be an a-hole) and since I couldn't just stop while I was ahead and run the clock out, I tried throwing on 3rd down instead of just taking a sack. I didn't expect to get the pass off because he was nano blitzing, meaning one guy always came off the line untouched, making it impossible to make reads. You can run the ball fairly well, Jeff Demps had like 3 TDS (All outside runs I believe). I ended up giving him like 6 seconds and he did some cheesy play and threw it to Oregon's 6'5 WR and he caught it with no attempt by the DB to even at least jump, even though he was in perfect position to swat it/pick it off. I dashboarded, and he didn't get the win, I also didn't get the loss I believe.

What's the point of this rant? Basically, if EA can let these things in the game, YEAR IN, YEAR OUT, it shows they just don't give a f**k about people who want to have fun. And yes, that one game literally drained all the fun out of playing NCAA 12. This happened like 30 minutes ago BTW.

Combine that with all the bugs and glitches, and it's amazing EA is even allowed to put this crap out. Custom Playbooks that don't work (for some), roster editing/tendency bug (tendencies mean NOTHING in the game outside of QBs anyway - you tell me what's the difference between a speed RB and a power RB in game. Don't worry, I'll wait....), dynasty recruiting bug, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the game is WAY more enjoyable against the CPU, and enjoyable on all fronts. Just online, it feels like I have to beat/trick the video game as well as beat the guy you're playing.

To think, the biggest online gripe (I've heard) for NBA 2K11 was how you could drive to the hole with the Miami Heat, and they fixed that to the best of their ability. I'm not even sure EA CARES about how you play online. "Yeah, nano blitz all you want, just make sure you buy the new commissioner pack!"

If they did care, they'd address the fact that the SAME guys are on top of the leaderboards EVERY year. There are probably videos of guys doing these things; pay them off and have them find glitches in the game so they can be removed.

Part of me wants to stomp the game into oblivion, but I know I'll keep playing. It kind of feels like EA is blackmailing us IN SOME form or fashion.
I feel you....had a similar type game against some dbag who played as Clemson with NCAA 10', that was the last time I played online. I just don't have the patience for that crap.

Now of course, with offline dynasty basically broke due to the roster glitches, I'll need to find a new hobby til they patch this up.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #263
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
I feel you....had a similar type game against some dbag who played as Clemson with NCAA 10', that was the last time I played online. I just don't have the patience for that crap.

Now of course, with offline dynasty basically broke due to the roster glitches, I'll need to find a new hobby til they patch this up.
Offline dynasty isn't broke at all....After a couple of years all of your players are fake...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #264
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'll put it like this: Just played against a guy. Ranked 104 in the nation. Used Oregon. The guy runs out of ONE formation - It has a RB, two FBs, a TE, and a OLB for some reason. Kept running to the strong side LITERALLY ALL GAME until I figured out how to stop it.

Then few times he passed, out of 4 wide, he cheesed an outside slant to #7 on Oregon. Picked off one though for a TD. I shut that down after about the second time he ran it.

THEN he comes out in some formation that has 4 QBs and 6 WRs and a CB, and they all huddle up at the ball. I don't know if it's a bug, but I know my DT was somehow called for offsides one play, and he accepted it quick. He came out in it again later, so I moved the DT and he couldn't do anything, and got a delay of game.

Let's not forget, he used a nano blitz. Told me it was in the 3-3-5 stack.

In my mind I beat him. Technically, no, because I was up 31-24 (I kicked an onside kick and got it, just to be an a-hole) and since I couldn't just stop while I was ahead and run the clock out, I tried throwing on 3rd down instead of just taking a sack. I didn't expect to get the pass off because he was nano blitzing, meaning one guy always came off the line untouched, making it impossible to make reads. You can run the ball fairly well, Jeff Demps had like 3 TDS (All outside runs I believe). I ended up giving him like 6 seconds and he did some cheesy play and threw it to Oregon's 6'5 WR and he caught it with no attempt by the DB to even at least jump, even though he was in perfect position to swat it/pick it off. I dashboarded, and he didn't get the win, I also didn't get the loss I believe.

What's the point of this rant? Basically, if EA can let these things in the game, YEAR IN, YEAR OUT, it shows they just don't give a f**k about people who want to have fun. And yes, that one game literally drained all the fun out of playing NCAA 12. This happened like 30 minutes ago BTW.

Combine that with all the bugs and glitches, and it's amazing EA is even allowed to put this crap out. Custom Playbooks that don't work (for some), roster editing/tendency bug (tendencies mean NOTHING in the game outside of QBs anyway - you tell me what's the difference between a speed RB and a power RB in game. Don't worry, I'll wait....), dynasty recruiting bug, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the game is WAY more enjoyable against the CPU, and enjoyable on all fronts. Just online, it feels like I have to beat/trick the video game as well as beat the guy you're playing.

To think, the biggest online gripe (I've heard) for NBA 2K11 was how you could drive to the hole with the Miami Heat, and they fixed that to the best of their ability. I'm not even sure EA CARES about how you play online. "Yeah, nano blitz all you want, just make sure you buy the new commissioner pack!"

If they did care, they'd address the fact that the SAME guys are on top of the leaderboards EVERY year. There are probably videos of guys doing these things; pay them off and have them find glitches in the game so they can be removed.

Part of me wants to stomp the game into oblivion, but I know I'll keep playing. It kind of feels like EA is blackmailing us IN SOME form or fashion.
You're asking for too much here JaySmoov. I can't talk much about football online since I don't play, but what I can tell you is that it's the exact same thing with the NHL game.

In the hockey game, EA has come with some ideas. Stick lift, poke check, dekes, board play, momentum shift, etc, etc, etc. All of those ideas we're so exploited by some people online that it's ruining the game.

I don't talk about glitching and cheating, which is a part of EA's game since the company was born. When all you do online is playing unrealistic system to avoid exploits, you know it's bad and you won't have fun.

On the other hand, EA as so much trouble programming their AI for offline modes (not just hockey, football is part of the mix here) that I don't expect them to make the online part more normal and realistic.

In fact, I'm sure the first answer that EA gives to complaint like the one you had here is : "We cannot prevent everything, especially someone who decide to do weird stuff like the guy you play."

Online is a jungle, and companies like EA are happy enough to give the chance to play to buyers and they don't care what goes around after that. Proof of that? There's been XP cheating for the last 3 years in the EASHL and every year, it's coming back in a new way. This year, there's a glitch working since november and never been adress (500 points more with a glitch for legend cards players).

So, I feel for you, and that's why I'm playing less and less online. I'm just unable to have a normal game with a player who doesn't care about the results, but is there to have a fun game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »