Home

Size of Your Recruiting Classes

This is a discussion on Size of Your Recruiting Classes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 03:38 PM   #17
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Size of Your Recruiting Classes

never recruit more than you have scholarships for. I never cut players so i only offer the amount I have after seniors leave. Even on heisman recruiting its too easy. by over recruiting you water down the rest of the class or other teams and improve your team way faster than the cpu. kinda cheese to me but ive done this since recruiting started on ncaa. anything to make the game harder back in the day. I think we could only sign 50 or 55 for a while on ncaa
Old 07-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #18
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
What I've always done is only recruit 10 at a time in season, and as one commits I throw another onto my recruiting board. Mostly I pick guys who fit the systen in running (currently a spread option running 80% of the time) with my school high on the board, as well as needs.

If I fill my needs early I then sometimes pick guys who I'm not on the list but doesn't look like they've been recruited heavy. About half the time I skyrocket up that guys choices and then sometimes even snag him. Its how I pulled a Scramble.....err Balanced(stupid glitch) 4* QB to washington State when they were still a 1* school.

When all said and done I usually get around 17 - 18 guys commited.

sent from parts unknown
Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
I recently signed 24 in my class with Notre Dame - #1 Class. I pulled in (7) five stars, (14) four stars and (3) three stars. Class was headed by 2 5*WRs, the #3 and #5 RBs, and a ton of CBs, FSs, SSs, and every lineman imaginable. I normally sign big classes - if you want to have big & highly rated classes - you should make notes of the players you are recruiting, I make quick notes - their likes and dislikes, by WK3 I've already figured out how to allot my points. I'm in my second season with Notre Dame and in week five I've already locked up 4 of the top #100 players to include two five stars.
Time to bump up your recruiting difficulty to AA or Hiesman. I recruit on hiesman myself cause found last year was to easy to become a power house and get the best recruits on AA. Wanted to keep it interesting this year, and hiesman is brutal lol
Old 07-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #20
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdcgg81
Time to bump up your recruiting difficulty to AA or Hiesman. I recruit on hiesman myself cause found last year was to easy to become a power house and get the best recruits on AA. Wanted to keep it interesting this year, and hiesman is brutal lol
I started recruiting on heisman but it wasn't getting me anywhere..Taking a tip from a poster on here, i moved it down a notch to AA and my first recruiting class resembled what a recruiting class should look like...Playing with a 2-star a school and recruiting on heisman is a recipe for disaster...No shame in matching your school's overall talent level with prospects that match that level
Old 07-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #21
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by phily915
question first, ive noticed you earn more points when you pitch a category rather than try to unlock it. Does unlocking a category have a better effect on a recruit in the end or could i just mark down which ones i pitched that earned a lot of points (meaning the interest in high) and leave them unlocked to earn more points???

now on topic, i normally sign around 18 a year but when i sign around 25 there are usually more low starred prospects. I like to look through the 2* and 3* juco players as well. even though they only have 2-3 years eligibility, i signed a 2* juco that started as a 76 CB!! 5* are starting at maybe 79.
Unlocking a pitch helps for visits and it allows ypu to try to increase how heavily a recruit values a pitch. It also helps when ypu ger to pick a pitch to talk a bout.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #22
Rookie

nmm666's Arena

OVR: 0

I start my recruiting by looking at how many returning players I'm going to have for next season. I have an idea of many many guys I want at each position to fill out about 68 slots, then I have room to add two other players if a recruiting class happens to be particularly strong at a certain position.

The trouble I'm finding with this system, however, is that I seem to be recruiting at least one player per position each year, and just because of the way progression works, guys almost always have to wait until they're seniors to start, except at the odd position like K, P and FB.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
I started recruiting on heisman but it wasn't getting me anywhere..Taking a tip from a poster on here, i moved it down a notch to AA and my first recruiting class resembled what a recruiting class should look like...Playing with a 2-star a school and recruiting on heisman is a recipe for disaster...No shame in matching your school's overall talent level with prospects that match that level
Yeah I hear ya, it is very difficult. Started my dynasty with SDSU and moved them and Bosie St. in to PAC 12. I realized early on that hiesman recruiting with low prestige team is no joke. If you are not stubborn and accept that fact that you don't really get to pick and choose the best players every year you still get some good talent.

Going into my 6th season and my team is still only B overall B+ offense B defense. Keep things engaging for me anyway.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

I get 25 almost every year, maybe 22 at least. I dont recruit more than 10 people at a time. 60 min phone calls show you really want them on your team. One tip is always have a good ranked game at home between weeks 6 and 9(5 might be too early). Your earliest targets ready to visit can come to that game and be that much closer to signing instead of waiting too long and losing intrest/signing elsewhere.

Also, no matter how much you like that rb or wr you see, even the qb or cb that looks so great at like an a+ speed, LEAVE HIM ALONE if you need other positions! You always go after needs first. If its between o/d line and skill players(everyone else really), you choose the line as your top 5 targets or so. More programs are going to be recruiting the ol and dl than those wr and hb.

Besides, the difference between a 5 star and 4 star skill player? Not that much really. Difference between a 5 and a 4 star lineman? HUGE! 3 star lineman can barely start, they're atrocious usually. You can find a 3 star athlete or skill player with A speed(sometimes even 2 stars) that can be your rb or wr, hard to do with o and d line though...

Also to fix the lack of fb recruits, NEVER use a hb. His awraness will be cut to nothing(like 40 or 30 even_ and he wont have blocking skills(unless you want a really fast fb for option RUNNING).
I Always use a te though, it just works better. Preferably the ones with the lowest release rating I recruit. If he can get off the line, I want him at te because I'll need him for PA. If he cant, he does me no good at te and will lose minimal points to be a fb. He'll also become a ridiculous target in the flats(I only get te's that are 6'6 or taller usually).

Last edited by algoody421; 07-31-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: addition

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »