Home

I noticed something in the running game...

This is a discussion on I noticed something in the running game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I noticed something in the running game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canefan17
This happens in real life though. I'm not sure what the complaint is.

Do you know how hard it is to hold a block on a 300 lb DT or DE who's only goal is to get that ball carrier.

Once the RB becomes parallel with a lineman you can bet your bottom dollar he's going to release from the block and take a dive at him.
In real life an offensive linemen tries to get his back to the hole, thereby not allowing the defender to just sidestep into it. Blocking in this game is nothing like the real life battle in the trenches.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:01 AM   #18

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, I've noticed the linemen love to block the second level way before the first level. Especially on triple option plays, the sealing tackle always goes for a lb instead of the de.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm not sayin it doesn't need to be better or that there aren't problems, but what kind of numbers are you guys putting up in the running game? If these guys arent coming off blocks you would be able to run at will and then the problem would be that the running game is too easy. Do you expect your blockers to hold there blocks perfectly at all times?

Sure its EA and it doesn't look pretty, but again, are you guys not able to run the ball successfully anyways? And if are able to put up realistic numbers what do you think would happen if these type of things didn't occur...
Old 08-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by attheskylines
What difficulty setting are you playing on, Jumpshot? There was a brilliant post earlier today with a video from versuz2 that points out issues very similar to the ones that many of us are experiencing in these kind of situations.

Here's the post, after watching the video, could you tell us if the issues with the blockers being shoved aside seems like the issues in the video?
that video is pretty damning in my opinion
Old 08-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #21
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

is this your first year of ncaa football? dont use the sprint/turbo button till after you are past the line. its always the same crap, every single year. they need to fire that entire studio and go with one that knows something about making sports titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #22
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I've also noticed that lead blockers have a tendency to get confused. I'll be running a power sweep with a fullback or a pulling guard ahead of me, who appears to be charging right at the OLB. Just befor he gets there, the blocker will abruptly change his mind, stop, and either charge upfield at the safety or cut back to take on the pursuing MLB or DE. Usually leaving the OLB wide open to tackle me.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #23
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

You're 100% correct that this happens all the time when running, but it's just another result of pre-programmed results in this game. It's the most basic flaw that needs to be adjusted.

Instead of letting the players function with physics and limbs combined with a read and react system, they are instead subject to beacon/magnetic actions tied to predetermined outcomes.

It's why the defense lines up perfectly way to much, why there are psychic dbs, it's why the defense plays the run/pass correctly the instant the ball is snapped (nothing is being "read), etc.

Just keep adding more to the list of the symptoms of programming that needs a serious sophisticated upgrade.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:53 AM   #24
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

i suck at running this year lol idk y but the lineman do always break their blocks quick, and i will have like 20 carries with 50 yards and the only way i get yards is with one amazing run 70 plus yards a game with one carry, other than that i get tackled either before i hand the ball off or before i get to the line

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »