Home

Problems with the recruiting aspects of the game...

This is a discussion on Problems with the recruiting aspects of the game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Problems with the recruiting aspects of the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_in_SC
How cool would this game be if they used something similar to Rockstar's LA Noire decision engine where you had multiple options to choose from and each option chosen had a drastic impact on what decision you would have to make next.

I think the best thing I have seen in this tread is the idea of sending a coach out to scout a player and then returning with the info. Maybe you could send each coach on your staff to scout only one player each week and then they returned an evaluation on him such as this is a guy we have to offer, we need to see him again or we need to look elsewhere. Top it off with and by the way I saw this kid as well and we might want to look at him as well.

As someone else said you almost sleep though recruiting. I know that if I just hit X really fast I can finish a session in 30 seconds. I'm really sick of seeing the pitches flash like roulette. Just give me the damn pitch when I hit X and lets save the time.
I actually prefer the old gens recruiting system. This one is boring and takes too long. If it was done better, I wouldn't mind spending the extra time recruiting every week, but like others have said, recruiting is a snooze fest. I thoroughly hate the roulette system. I love changing topics three times in one pitch to get D+, D, D and be forced to pitch a D. Why in gods green earth would I ever pitch that to someone?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Rookie

Adam_in_SC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX910
Why in gods green earth would I ever pitch that to someone?
Only the people at EA know how to answer that one.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_in_SC
Only the people at EA know how to answer that one.
i'd really like to hear their answers.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #12
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Agree with most of what's been said here. It's too simple and boring but yet too much work. Where's the fun?

A couple things to help with the immersion in recruiting .

Big ad on the recruiting screen for red bull, since you need something like that to get through it without falling asleep.

When the roulette wheel lands on A+ for you and high or most for the recruit a big flashing "WINNER" comes up.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:32 AM   #13
Rookie

PennStatePeter's Arena

OVR: 10

Another minor problem, but a problem none the less is the realism of the recruits talking to you. It seems like all the recruits (or those that I've noticed) are all a**holes. I was the head coach of Texas with a A+ prestige and the number one recruit would continually make sarcastic comments, even when Texas was their number 1 school. "Blah Blah Blah, more talk about you." It just doesnt seem realistic as you would never do that to a coach yet alone a very prestigious coach.

Maybe its one of those things where you only notice the bad and skim over the good and I have seen some good. I'm not asking for a change, cause honestly I could care less. Its just not realistic, even if said school is very low on your list.

There are a lot of things I'd rather have fixed, I'm just pointing this out.
NHL- Leafs
NCAA Basketball- Huskies
NCAA Football- Penn State
Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #14
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

You know if they had you have to scout and the generic ratings came from online sites then they could get advertising revenue, make it worth their while
Old 08-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #15
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

I just want the the topics that are the most or very high for the player to mean more. If the category that is most important to the player is playing close to home and he lives in florida then a school from california should have no shot at getting the player. I believe in College Hoops 2k8 they did this very well. It seemed like if playing close to home was the most important and my school was not close to home then no matter how many times i visited him and recruited him, he would not sign with my school. This should be implemented in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #16
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
i'd really like to hear their answers.
Well, originally, we complained that old gen recruiting was too easy and felt mathmatical, with the whole "call recruit with assistant coach takes 5 points" but "visit with head coach costs 15 points". I'm not gonna lie, I used to cheat the recruiting system as well, load up the players, go about 2 weeks into recruiting, write down their favorite pitches and then reload and dominate

the roulette gives the illusion that not every phone call is a success. I dont love it but it's better than that wishy washy smiling football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »