Home

Sick Of!!

This is a discussion on Sick Of!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Sick Of!!

Lets break down how this play should of went down. If a delay to reaction time or a sight tech is implemented.

We don't know neither of the play calls but judging by the video the CB is running one on one with the outside WR and the TE is running a streak also. There is no signs of a safety so some form of blitz was called which left the TE uncovered. Should of been easy completion instead of a Interception.

Something like this (Guess of course) but gives idea of what happened.

CB man up with back to QB, QB looking at TE wide open in middle of field

QB just released ball, only fraction of a second later and CB is turning towards ball location.

Now you can see how far and quick the CB has moved off his man he was covering. Also how open the TE was.

CB has broke off 10+ yards in a fraction of a second to change the outcome of a play drastically, instead of 6 points, it is a Interception.

Lastly, the CB heading downfield with his interception he should not have.

The above play art shows how the offense made the correct read. Defender should of continued trailing outside WR even if for another 1/2 second longer before "realizing" ball has been thrown. TE would of made catch and trotted into endzone with CB closing in watching in frustration from a poor defensive play call and good execution by the offense.

Instead a poor defensive play call is bailed out and not exploited due to defense being "to smart". What is the point of great play calls if the outcome is dictated by other means than good play calling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #82
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Phobia.. I gotta ask.. did you grow up wanting to be a coach? Or where a coach in a past life or something?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Phobia.. I gotta ask.. did you grow up wanting to be a coach? Or where a coach in a past life or something?
Dating back to 2000 I began running PC Madden leagues. Since that point on I have made a point to be involved in the football gaming scene. I like to assess football games based on the real life sport and how to take real life tactics and apply them into the video game form.

Here is a topic I wrote while back for APF but would still apply to other football games.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nnel-talk.html

So to answer your question. I love football and love my video game football games to play true to real life. I understand the limitations that are presented in video games and don't expect perfection by any means. But I do believe certain things can be even better and like to try and do my part in showing EA and the developers areas that could be better.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #84
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Lets break down how this play should of went down. If a delay to reaction time or a sight tech is implemented.

We don't know neither of the play calls but judging by the video the CB is running one on one with the outside WR and the TE is running a streak also. There is no signs of a safety so some form of blitz was called which left the TE uncovered. Should of been easy completion instead of a Interception.

Something like this (Guess of course) but gives idea of what happened.

CB man up with back to QB, QB looking at TE wide open in middle of field

QB just released ball, only fraction of a second later and CB is turning towards ball location.

Now you can see how far and quick the CB has moved off his man he was covering. Also how open the TE was.

CB has broke off 10+ yards in a fraction of a second to change the outcome of a play drastically, instead of 6 points, it is a Interception.

Lastly, the CB heading downfield with his interception he should not have.

The above play art shows how the offense made the correct read. Defender should of continued trailing outside WR even if for another 1/2 second longer before "realizing" ball has been thrown. TE would of made catch and trotted into endzone with CB closing in watching in frustration from a poor defensive play call and good execution by the offense.

Instead a poor defensive play call is bailed out and not exploited due to defense being "to smart". What is the point of great play calls if the outcome is dictated by other means than good play calling

Good work, perfect example, explanation of some of the DB AI faults as implemented.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #85
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Those videos on the last page are nice. I like how the Defensive and Offensive players actually turn their heads like RL player do. I think a lot of us could complain a lot less if there was that type of animation in NCAA and Madden. It would definitely not make it seem like they had eyes in the back of their heads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good post Phobia.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #87
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I like how the Defensive and Offensive players actually turn their heads like RL player do. I think a lot of us could complain a lot less if there was that type of animation in NCAA and Madden. It would definitely not make it seem like they had eyes in the back of their heads.

Next Gen...we need more power. You guys are criticizing a product that runs on a Go cart (current consoles are 6 YO tech) and are expecting Lamborghini results.

These machines are lucky to give us what we have so far and better AI and animations are not just programming they are also machine power dependent. With as much stuff packed into these games these days, we are at the limit of what we can logically expect from them

So complain away but it's complaining that a 230 HP engine can't run 1/4 mile record speeds.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Next Gen...we need more power. You guys are criticizing a product that runs on a Go cart (current consoles are 6 YO tech) and are expecting Lamborghini results.

These machines are lucky to give us what we have so far and better AI and animations are not just programming they are also machine power dependent. With as much stuff packed into these games these days, we are at the limit of what we can logically expect from them

So complain away but it's complaining that a 230 HP engine can't run 1/4 mile record speeds.
This is not true. I could go deeper into it, but no need

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »