Home

the passing game is ruining ncaa 12 for me

This is a discussion on the passing game is ruining ncaa 12 for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
the passing game is ruining ncaa 12 for me

and i mean every facet of the passing game. user controlled offense that is.

lets start off with pass blocking. or the lack their of. why is it when the cpu only rushes 3 guys. so many times the nose tackle throws my center to the side like a rag doll and comes an sacks me 2.5 seconds after the snap. why is he not being double teamed. or my center getting help. this has ruined alot of drives for me. its annoying ea cant get this righg

how about play action passing?? my God i could rant on this for forever. i will run the ball 3-4 times in a row. then play action and get sacked instantly. that shouldnt be the case, esp if im gaining 4-5 yards per carry. after last year. how could this not have been addressed??

how bout the hb screen? so ea bumped up the cpu defense. i get it. but the screen is how u counter the blitz. i am sick of the fact that the very first time i run it in a game. the cpu sniffs it out. always has the de go follow my hb. so psychic cbs wasnt enough. now its pyschic defense period. how am i spose to counter their blitzing. its so frustrating. oh an of a de doesnt follow my hb. a lineback on a blitz always jumps and knowcks the ball down.

how bout the passing period. i have a guy wide open 25 yards down field. i pass him the ball. but low an behold. a line backer only 5 yards down field jumps and swats it down. time an time again. im not firing it in there. this is not realistic and shouldnt happen. they have how many months to create this game. and they focus on adding specific entrances. really!! they last 15-30 of the game. u couldnt focus more on gameplay? all these broken aspects and they ignore them for less important stuff.

the point of this thread is to ask all of you.

1. do these happen to you
2. do they drive u crazy
3. have u found away to bypass any of them
4. is this slowly making this game unplayable to you

i think ea needs a new dev team on this game. not cuz i hate any of the devs who work on this game. but here is the prob. they may all be football fans. which is pretty obvious with their approach each year to the game. but i dont think any of them played football. at all. cuz if any of them did. chances are someone played some sort of offense.

an olineman would be pissed at the pass blocking
a hb would be pissed at the screens
a wr would be mad bout the qb trajectory and not being able to lead him ( i have yet to see a wr not break stride catching a ball. they always have to slow down. always do the lil 2 hands up behind me cuz the ball behind me animation. which is ugly and annoying. this is cuz the directional passing is broken)
and a qb would be upset about all of the above. so in my opinion we nees to get some ppl who actually know the game of football in their and make this game more true to football in these aspects of the game.

so along with my abovr questions. anyone else feel that this could be a solution??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: the passing game is ruining ncaa 12 for me

I haven't had any issue running HB screens. I've gotten a few long touchdowns this year with them.

I have had issues with the LB jumping up and swatting my pass down, but It's only when i throw a heater to my wide receivers. I have a feeling this is just needing to get used to the defense playing better zones.

I can't run a PA to save my lifeand it is frustrating.

I think once I get used to everything new I'm going to be fine though, we'll see in a couple weeks though. I do like this years game better, its a lot more challenging for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
and i mean every facet of the passing game. user controlled offense that is.

lets start off with pass blocking. or the lack their of. why is it when the cpu only rushes 3 guys. so many times the nose tackle throws my center to the side like a rag doll and comes an sacks me 2.5 seconds after the snap. why is he not being double teamed. or my center getting help. this has ruined alot of drives for me. its annoying ea cant get this righg

how about play action passing?? my God i could rant on this for forever. i will run the ball 3-4 times in a row. then play action and get sacked instantly. that shouldnt be the case, esp if im gaining 4-5 yards per carry. after last year. how could this not have been addressed??

how bout the hb screen? so ea bumped up the cpu defense. i get it. but the screen is how u counter the blitz. i am sick of the fact that the very first time i run it in a game. the cpu sniffs it out. always has the de go follow my hb. so psychic cbs wasnt enough. now its pyschic defense period. how am i spose to counter their blitzing. its so frustrating. oh an of a de doesnt follow my hb. a lineback on a blitz always jumps and knowcks the ball down.

how bout the passing period. i have a guy wide open 25 yards down field. i pass him the ball. but low an behold. a line backer only 5 yards down field jumps and swats it down. time an time again. im not firing it in there. this is not realistic and shouldnt happen. they have how many months to create this game. and they focus on adding specific entrances. really!! they last 15-30 of the game. u couldnt focus more on gameplay? all these broken aspects and they ignore them for less important stuff.

the point of this thread is to ask all of you.

1. do these happen to you
2. do they drive u crazy
3. have u found away to bypass any of them
4. is this slowly making this game unplayable to you

i think ea needs a new dev team on this game. not cuz i hate any of the devs who work on this game. but here is the prob. they may all be football fans. which is pretty obvious with their approach each year to the game. but i dont think any of them played football. at all. cuz if any of them did. chances are someone played some sort of offense.

an olineman would be pissed at the pass blocking
a hb would be pissed at the screens
a wr would be mad bout the qb trajectory and not being able to lead him ( i have yet to see a wr not break stride catching a ball. they always have to slow down. always do the lil 2 hands up behind me cuz the ball behind me animation. which is ugly and annoying. this is cuz the directional passing is broken)
and a qb would be upset about all of the above. so in my opinion we nees to get some ppl who actually know the game of football in their and make this game more true to football in these aspects of the game.

so along with my abovr questions. anyone else feel that this could be a solution??
Offensive linemen do not begin to block properly until pass blocking is adjusted to at least 70. Even then, I see them let defensive linemen through here and there.

I can run playaction and screens fine if they are setup properly by your previous play calling.

Basically I disagree with you on most of what you have said, however I do think there are some major problems with this game in regards to safety play and the deep ball.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Lukester805yque's Arena

OVR: 1

I've only played a few games on NCAA 12... and at times i get pissedbut then on the pother hand its fine, its just making us work for it you know? Its not that fun when you just blow out the cpu on Heisman... gets old. Im happy that they made the cpu tough.
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Chivas USA
Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Its been what? Seven years on this gen EA football, and they still cant get the blocking right. and the fact that upping the difficulty just ups the CPUs stats and lowers yours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought I was the only one. I almost broke my brand new controller because if I didnt throw an interception I was getting sacked. I get sacked, seems like every other play. I adjust sliders to the max and I didnt notice anything different.

Getting sacked long before the play has time to develope is getting old. And linebackers knocking everything else down....yeah...it's ALMOST unplayable anymore.

But I keep pressing forward.....the point is, I should be enjoying myself not throwing everything in sight. I can handle losing legitly. But when i know it's just stupid gimmicky glitches or whatever, thats what pisses me off.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

I do not know what you all have your sliders set at, but I'm not seeing any of these problems nearly as bad as some of you are saying. The passing game does have some flaws, but not nearly as many as last year. I really am starting to think that half the people complaining about it are just upset because they can't throw for 600 yards a game every week like they did in past games.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 07-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

There's making you work, and then it's just cheating. It's an INT fest. Then to make it worse, the Offensive players drop way too many balls when you do beat the D. It's past annoying for me. I'm about ready to just give up on football games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »