Home

NCAA Gamers: Don't Forget Where You Come From

This is a discussion on NCAA Gamers: Don't Forget Where You Come From within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: NCAA Gamers: Don't Forget Where You Come From

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I am not going to lie, that grass on College Football 2K3 looks way better then NCAA 12. Commentary is 10 times better. Their crowd looks on par with NCAA 11 only with CROWD MOVEMENT.

And guess what ? You could hear the drums being played in the band !

Player model wise they are on par with NCAA 10.

Damn College football 2K3 was the shiznit ! Looks like the NCAA series been stuck in place for the past 9 years in a lot of areas.

I mean damn, that 9 year old game holds up very well. I am impressed, considering they were able to do that on a much less powerful system.

That is why I tell people all the time, 360 and PS3 isn't the problem. It is the people programming the game and the art team that is the problem.
College Football 2k3 was an awful, awful game. It was so bad VC fired the developer and cancelled the series.

I can't put in to words how bad that game really was.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

As I'm sitting here going back through these links, I'm saying to myself how in the world did we ever play this game and have fun lol! But, that's comparing the game then to now which wouldn't be a fair assessment at all. I just remember going to the mall and getting these games. The first Bill Walsh had the roster and formations on those cards like Madden had. The game only had a few teams and no NCAA license lol! Memories man!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
The 2005 video showed me that they continue to have the exact same player warm up sequence.
More like the same warm up sequence since NCAA 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

One of the big features of the 2000 game was the addition of Harvard and Yale and FCS schools. No longer did we have to plac FCS East anymore lol.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Which game was it....may have been the last game before the PS2 came out where the running game was insanely easy? You could rush for like 500 yards in one game!!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
As I'm sitting here going back through these links, I'm saying to myself how in the world did we ever play this game and have fun lol! But, that's comparing the game then to now which wouldn't be a fair assessment at all. I just remember going to the mall and getting these games. The first Bill Walsh had the roster and formations on those cards like Madden had. The game only had a few teams and no NCAA license lol! Memories man!!!
For me......it was the presentation of the 2K games that really sucked me in. It was the same way with the 989 studios football games. I am not going to lie, I use to buy all 3 college football games.

I use to buy the 2K version, EA version and 989 studios version. Compare it and then sell the one that had the least presentation wow factor. So for me it was always the EA version that got sold because even back then I thought their commentary was stale.

When 2K got that ESPN license, presentation wise is when their sports games really took off because they actually used the license. Their games became less like videogames and more like the real thing I watched on tv because of all the stat over lays and scores from around the league that use to scroll across the bottom of the screen.

Plus I always loved the movement of the crowd and people on the sideline DURING ACTUAL GAMEPLAY, not during some cut scene how EA always does it. With EA you don't see stuff during actual gameplay, you only see it happen during a cut scene.

I remember the 1st time I seen those commercials for the Dreamcast and was blown away. I was in military then in the barracks and we all had said holy crap ! PX store got flooded the next day with people asking when the PX was going to get it in.

When EA got the ESPN license I thought oh great, they were going to do the same thing 2K did with it. But it never happened.......I am still am bummed out over the fact EA has had the ESPN for some years now and never done anything with it.

I was expecting a whole lot of stat overlays, ticker across the bottom of the screen with scores from around the league, much better commentary, halftime show, post game show, pre-game show.

It is kind like how is it they had a pre-game, halftime and post game show on the 2K version of sports games dating all the way back to the PS One days, but yet we can't get it on the PS3 and 360 ?

Why are we still using the SAME warm up sequences from NCAA 2004 in NCAA 12 ?

Why does the grass look better in College Football 2K3 then NCAA 12 with all of our 3D grass and HD technology ?

Why did we have chain gangs in the past years ago but not now ?

I am fully aware where I came from and it is because of that I know we could be doing a hell of a lot better then what we are doing now.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

this was my first college game although have been playing football games since Atari 2600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hY3...eature=related (Bill Walsh College Football 95)

DAMN, we have come a long way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #16
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Yeah I used to imagine what the game would look like if it had EA's gameplay and the others presentation.

I really don't want this to become a thread bashing EA because I don't want this thread closed. It's more a trip down memory lane.

Now that I think of it, I do remember playing NCAA 2k3. Eric Crouch was the cover boy. I remember a special they did with him on ESPN regarding the game. I got that game and said to myself, they wasted this ESPN presentation because the gameplay ain't worth putting it in the system.

There have been some great things EA has introduced to the game over time.

They had the Spring Game in the PS2 version that came out with the 1st Next Gen version. Not sure why it didn't transfer over. I can't forget the storming the field after an upset or big win. Showing highlights at halftime. Actually having FCS schools in the game already. The Heisman trophy ceremony etc. We haven't see these features since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »