Home

What happens to cut players?

This is a discussion on What happens to cut players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: What happens to cut players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgpound 26
At first I was annoyed that good players just get deleted when they are cut, but think about how complex it would get to have them transfer to other schools. It would almost turn into a situation like the coaching carousel. After teams cut down to 70 they would have to do more cuts if someone wanted to transfer to their team... at what point would that end?

I think a cool way they could do this is to have a "waiver wire" list created after cuts. Any player cut by a team would be placed on this list, and then a team could offer them a scholarship and have them sit out a year, without affecting their roster size.
EA could certainly do some kind of after cut tiered "transfer" system based on the recruits interest.

For example: Player gets cut, so the CPU would run its tiered system and look at the recruits interest and from that select a school.

So if the player had Academics "most" and was cut... then the CPU would match up an appropriate school. This could be taken two or three interest deep inorder to make it a bit more 'realistic'.

Also by doing this, it would create more parody in the game, as better players get cut by the bigger teams they would trickle out into the mid majors, etc...

Now for the issue of the mid-majors now having to 'cut' again to get under 70... easy... cut the lowest overall person assuming the transfer is rated higher.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Haha ha I can't get over the living with your pets.... Brilliant!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #11
Rookie

tizorch's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
that's what they get for getting added to my recruiting class when all assists are turned off.

I noticed this for the first time the other day. Screwed me outta getting a 5* rb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 AM   #12
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I wouldn't mind a limited recruiting style. A cut player can only be recruited by top 3 or top 5 interest schools and only for a week or two. That way it isn't a cheap and easy way to build up a team. Have some go juco (if cut as a fresh or soph) and be recycled into the game and given a note that they had been cut previously and by who.

Some sophs, Soph-RS, Juniors and non-RS seniors would go through the 'recruiting' cycle. Hell if EA wanted to make your team be eligible they would have to cut down to 69 at least to leave one spot open? Who knows. There are possibilities though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »