Home

Just dont have the drive to play this game anymore

This is a discussion on Just dont have the drive to play this game anymore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Just dont have the drive to play this game anymore

Am I the only one?

The patches have helped to make it somewhat better(although they only fixed what shouldnt have been broken), but when I turn it on, I just find it boring.

Maybe if I had just bought it like a couple weeks ago, I'd have more fun with it. But having had it pretty much collecting dust off & on since July, it's just like its too late for it to be fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Just dont have the drive to play this game anymore

I've had it since release & still enjoying it. And what do you mean by too late? There is plenty of college football.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Am I the only one?

The patches have helped to make it somewhat better(although they only fixed what shouldnt have been broken), but when I turn it on, I just find it boring.

Maybe if I had just bought it like a couple weeks ago, I'd have more fun with it. But having had it pretty much collecting dust off & on since July, it's just like its too late for it to be fun.
No your not the only one. The game the first few weeks was good but after a little bit of time, the same bull**** pops up. There is no immersion with the game. I already traded it in.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i think its all about the roster you are using...like other games PES and nba2k if you get a sim style roster it makes the world of difference in the gameplay.....

we can no longer depend on default rosters to play/deliver great gameplay its done for the masses

if presentation/bugs/other complaints are your main issue i would say sell the game, its not changing anytime soon

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i think its all about the roster you are using...like other games PES and nba2k if you get a sim style roster it makes the world of difference in the gameplay.....

we can no longer depend on default rosters to play/deliver great gameplay its done for the masses

if presentation/bugs/other complaints are your main issue i would say sell the game, its not changing anytime soon
Well I have named rosters with minor rating changes, but of course as the season goes and we seeplayers standout more more, they need to be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
No your not the only one. The game the first few weeks was good but after a little bit of time, the same bull**** pops up. There is no immersion with the game. I already traded it in.
Pretty much. I should trade it in, but I feel someday I'll get the real urge to play it and I wont have it. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinkid626
I've had it since release & still enjoying it. And what do you mean by too late? There is plenty of college football.
What I mean is, it's just not as fun for some reason...and I like said, if I had just bought it maybe I'd feel a bit different b/c I wouldn't have sat thru all this patch bs. I played last years game well beyond the college football season.

Of course havign a online dynasty aided in that longevity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

My job keeps me from playing as much as I would like, but the game has not been ruined for me,
Old 10-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm having more fun with this version of the game than any other NCAA game before. I'm in 2018 of my offline and 2013 in my OD. I still get excited whenever I turn my xbox on and fire the game up.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

nah ur not the only one. if i didnt run a OD, id prolly have dust all over this game. the game itself is ok...just played a thrilling OD game last night Cal(me) vs Boise St. lost 14-17...sucked cuz i had missed an earlier fg with 9mph wind that wouldve forced OT.

the problem with this game is all the probs it had from launch til now and counting. major bugs ruined this release. i ran and played in an OD in ncaa11 up until a month before 12 came out. with this one, im hanging on for dear life and its only october. after patches its somewhat better, but the drive to play has been killed...the patches were "too little too late" and still havent fixed the tendencies all the way. that just couldnt happen with all the good games that followed it for the fall. in the past few months....i have madden which was better out the box, gears 3, fifa12, rage, and bf3 will be out next tues. doesnt leave much room or motivation for old still needs a 4th patch ncaa12 unfortunately. ill play it but only to keep my OD going. totally understand where the OP is coming from
----------------------
Madden Since '92

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »