Home

AM I wrong for doing this vol. screw the BCS

This is a discussion on AM I wrong for doing this vol. screw the BCS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
AM I wrong for doing this vol. screw the BCS

I'm playing in year 2 of my Florida State dynasty after winning the titile year one. I start the season #4 and move my way up the ranks to a point that i'm #1 week 7. Then the CPU starts leapfrogging me as the season goes along. first Auburn, then Oklahoma, than Alabama. As the year is coming to a close, i realize that I wont get a chance to defend my championship because Oklahoma has no conference championship game and Aubrun (who beat Bama) has a sec championship game against Florida who is 6-6 with a freshman QB. Anyway i am heated becasue it feels that as a national champion, i should have the right to at least defend my title. MY OOC schedule was pretty tough with #22 Miami of Ohio (who were ubndefeated the year before), #7 stanford (With luck coming back) and #16 LSU ( who had a loaded recruitings class). I decide to take matters into my own hand so after I defeat #13 VT in the ACC championship, I take control of Florida in the SEC championship and beat auburn 38-24 behind their freshman QB. I then play the NC against Oklahoma and beat them 42-31 to win the title. Was I wrong to do this? To manipulate the game that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: AM I wrong for doing this vol. screw the BCS

some will say its wrong but its your dynasty and how you run it is your choice. I have no problem of how you did it
Northern Illinois Huskies
Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxdmx
I'm playing in year 2 of my Florida State dynasty after winning the titile year one. I start the season #4 and move my way up the ranks to a point that i'm #1 week 7. Then the CPU starts leapfrogging me as the season goes along. first Auburn, then Oklahoma, than Alabama. As the year is coming to a close, i realize that I wont get a chance to defend my championship because Oklahoma has no conference championship game and Aubrun (who beat Bama) has a sec championship game against Florida who is 6-6 with a freshman QB. Anyway i am heated becasue it feels that as a national champion, i should have the right to at least defend my title. MY OOC schedule was pretty tough with #22 Miami of Ohio (who were ubndefeated the year before), #7 stanford (With luck coming back) and #16 LSU ( who had a loaded recruitings class). I decide to take matters into my own hand so after I defeat #13 VT in the ACC championship, I take control of Florida in the SEC championship and beat auburn 38-24 behind their freshman QB. I then play the NC against Oklahoma and beat them 42-31 to win the title. Was I wrong to do this? To manipulate the game that way.
You didn't say if you were undefeated when you being leap-frogged. If you were #1 and undefeated, no way you should have teams jumping past you. If you lost a game or two, then I can see that happening.

I will say this... the AI for ranking teams is so massively messed up in this game. I also had a season where
Miami {Ohio} was undefeated and I had to play them for the BCS NCG and destroyed them 66-7. The team I should have played? LSU.

LSU was 12-1 and won the SEC Championship. Their loss? To #7 Alabama... by a score of 21-23. Miami {Ohio} didn't play one ranked team and had 4 wins against FCS teams.

Chalk it up to another in a long line of mistakes in NCAA

Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Rookie

That's the thing. I was undefeated and didnt win any games by less then 20 (37-17 against Stanford) The other ranked teams I beat were Maryland and VT so i beat 5 top 25 teams and basically ran roughshod thru the league. What I did after the season was over was basically set up a bunch of superconferences so that teams like boise, Nevada, and Miami of Ohio didnt go undefeated. Also added Notre Damn to the Big 10. that sounds like parity to me. If only I knew Puitt and Cuse were going to the ACC in time
Old 09-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxdmx
To each their own as this is your dynasty and as long as you are having fun then there is no right or wrong in my opinion. However since you asked I must say that this would have ruined the way I feel and look at my own personal dynasty. I know that it sucked you being leap frogged and who knows the reason but im just saying that if I were to do what you did I would not be able to enjoy my dynasty going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not sure why you made this thread. It's your dynasty. If you want to cheat to so you can win it all, that's your prerogative. Why should you care what others think?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Are you trying to relive 2000 when FSU could only put up a safety while defending their title?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Are you trying to relive 2000 when FSU could only put up a safety while defending their title?

definetly not trying to relive those days. lol

I dont know. I feel that I would think this game was infinitely worse and possibly unplayable if a highly ranked team goes undefeated while attempting to defend their championship with the same personel and still have no chance of winning. I wuld really have to put down dynasty mode after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »