Home

NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Is In The Works

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Is In The Works within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Is In The Works

They need to do something about the super line backers. Im getting tired of having a wide open receiver and out of know where a line back comes and swats the ball away. The CB and S have a magical power to pick off the most incredible passes but drop the ones that hit them in the chest. Come on EA do something to make the people that play the game happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #66
Banned

tpain2345's Arena

OVR: 3

fix custom playbooks
fix pass trajectory
fix psychic DBs
fix tendencies
fix option off/def
Old 10-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #67
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
No it's EA. They are going to receive a lot more flak for things than other developers.

I really didn't want to play that card, but checking out reviews for NBA 2K12 where they said that association was basically the same thing as last year. If that was EA, they would be getting blasted, but 2K12 got a 'oh well'. (Not saying 2K12 is a bad game, I loved 2K11. I'll pick up 12 on BF at the earliest)

EA receives a lot more crap than other developers do. They probably should since they are the '#1' in that department (overall, not individually). I'm tired of the issues with this game and I may be done playing it for a while, but seeing the direction of other EA games, I'm pretty hopeful they have a new engine in the works. I have a gut feeling that's the case, a lot of the patch fixes have been more for basic database info, rather than on the game play end, which makes me feel like they are in a faint way neglecting it because they are working on something new.

Anyways, I hope they fix the things that are left, the big glaring issues are gone, obviously there are things that need to be fixed but it isn't horrible as people make it sound, people toss the word Gamebreaking around too simply.

At least EA is putting out a fourth patch to get this game where it should be (Even though the third was basically 2.1).

They proved me wrong and I can appreciate it, it may have gotten me to buy next year once the bugs are out there.
I can almost agree with that, but EA's track record as far as football goes has been mediocre the last few years. NBA 2K didn't really need to change a ton of stuff within the franchise/association mode as most of it already worked really well. Lots of promises from EA on the Madden franchise mode & the online dynasties in NCAA this year and we're still waiting.

And honestly, I think a lot of the bad rep that EA gets is probably overblown, but it seems bigger because most of the criticism lies within the sports genre, which is obviously the theme of this place. And then some companies bring on the bad rep all by themselves (Activision says hello).

I think it's great they are releasing a fourth title update, but, like everyone else, it makes me wonder about making all the promises about tuning updates this year. I'd guess either the tuners can't fix what's wrong, or they (EA) don't have them working right on their side. That would be my guess for the online dynasty website as well. And Teambuilder '12, which looks strikingly familiar to 11.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Seems real simple to me fix ****** f.g's by cpu and fix the freezing issue in Online Dynasty. Only reason 80% of people buy this game instead of madden is because of the Online Dynasty which was great the past 2 years but this year it is downright unplayable. Ive played 20+ ranked games and had no disconnextions or freezes. In only 2 years of a 12 team online dynsaty 5 0f my 7 user games have had to be simmed due to freezing glitch & the same goes for the other 11 guys.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #69
Cupcake on your schedule

igolfbad's Arena

OVR: 8
Maybe Patch #4 will fix the spelling and grammar of many of the OS posters.

(removes tongue from cheek)
Old 10-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 8

What about the Depth Chart issue? Is there a problem this year with the CPU depth chart in offline dynasty? I haven't been able to finish one season yet due to the problems with this game. Still screwin with sliders.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #71
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpain2345
fix custom playbooks
fix pass trajectory
fix psychic DBs
fix tendencies
fix option off/def
I'll add these to the wish list as well.

fix coach progression
fix grass texture during gameplay
fix custom sounds so they fade out like they should

A tuner would be nice as well any day now.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #72
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
One small thing id like to see is let the no huddle user teams do the whole look to sideline thing. I can't trigger it like the cpu does. Last years trick doesn't work.

Tuner for DE pressure and CPU HB's to use their special moves wouldn't hurt either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »