Home

Major Flaw with Recruiting

This is a discussion on Major Flaw with Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Major Flaw with Recruiting

Like how Athletes are the LEAST position-flexible players of all the recruits for the most part. Every year there are 1-2 FS that would make phenomenal wideouts... Or an OLB that could be a DE... or a FB that could be a HB.. but you almost never see any of these things with Athletes, the players that are supposed to have skills as multiple positions.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101
Like how Athletes are the LEAST position-flexible players of all the recruits for the most part. Every year there are 1-2 FS that would make phenomenal wideouts... Or an OLB that could be a DE... or a FB that could be a HB.. but you almost never see any of these things with Athletes, the players that are supposed to have skills as multiple positions.

They should be named "Players with hidden position" not athlete.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

The issues with the star ratings of non-WR/HB recruits are especially annoying when you team needs are not at those positions but your coaching contract includes quotas based on the star rating system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambill10
The issues with the star ratings of non-WR/HB recruits are especially annoying when you team needs are not at those positions but your coaching contract includes quotas based on the star rating system.
What's also annoying is they had the balance better in ncaa 11. You would see QBs and DE in the top 10 in espn150. Not so much this year..
Old 12-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
Pro

I pulled up my excel recruiting file from NCAA 11. They had it almost PERFECT last year. Recruiting in general was near perfect last year. How the hell does EA continually break working features. For example, my dynasty (AA recruiting, i was 6-star program). These are my 5-star recruits each year.
Code:
2011 - 1 ath, 1 G 
2014 - 1 HB, 1 DE 
2015 - 1 ath, 1 WR, 1 G, 1 SS, 1 DE, 1 DT, 1 QB
 2016 - 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 ATH, 1 DE 
2017 - 1 HB, 2 WR, 1 QB, 1 ATH, 1 DT, 2 G 
2018 - 1 MLB, 1 WR, 1 DT, 1 QB, 1 G
This looks much better than this year.My only grip would be too many guards and not enough big tackles. But that could be because I wasn't successful recruiting tackles (high interest from CPU at T position) So many annoying bugs like this in NCAA 12, makes me almost want to go back to 11. 11 had issues too, but mostly it was the broken zone coverage. Maybe I'll start a coach only dynasty in ncaa 11.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hopefully they fix for next year's game.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
The distribution for 5* recruits was better last year but all the speed was either 5* or 4*. That's not realistic.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agree with everything said. Have played several OD at this point. This year the top 50 players are usually 3/4 skill positions. What Ive done is take the top 25 non-skill players and increase them by 8-10 points. Top 25-50 increase 6-7 points. Top 50-100 increase 5 points. This at least balances out for incoming freshman at non-skill positions that are rated too low. The problem I'm having now is now in-season edits so I can't go back and make the increases like I could earlier in the fall. Would be nice as well to see awareness increase throughout the OD and at a more reasonable rate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »