Home

CPU Head Coach Firings?

This is a discussion on CPU Head Coach Firings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #9
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CPU Head Coach Firings?

Being that you are an A+ and have a resume like that.....you might be surprised by the offers. You might have some good jobs to choose from. Probably similar to how my list was.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also as of note, Florida looks like the best job to be a possible opening. their coach has a 32% approval rating but their recruiting class is #1 in the nation with a ridiculous amount of 5 star recruits. The job approval looks like this for some top schools:
  • Ohio State HC 9%
  • Auburn HC 20%
  • Texas HC 30%
  • Florida HC 32%

Is there a set number that coaches are fired at if they fall below it? I personally think all of these coaches should be fired having that low of approval but I don't know how it actually works.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

On mine...I was very interested in the Clemson job while I was OC at Wake Forest. Dabo was at 25%. So I figured he would get fired. But Clemson renewed his contract for some weird reason. I was very surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Being that you are an A+ and have a resume like that.....you might be surprised by the offers. You might have some good jobs to choose from. Probably similar to how my list was.
I hope so but the carousel sounds hit or miss and like it can be tough if you don't have a more extensive resume. We began our OD with only allowing members to start out their careers as a coordinator for a 3 star (or lower) program. I felt that Ole Miss had the best upside and I got very lucky so far in many ways. Now, 2 years in as an OC isn't a lot to go by but my resume should have my coach as a highly wanted hire with my contract expiring. I'll probably jump at the first 5 or 6 star school HC job if I'm offered one.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
On mine...I was very interested in the Clemson job while I was OC at Wake Forest. Dabo was at 25%. So I figured he would get fired. But Clemson renewed his contract for some weird reason. I was very surprised.
That's a bummer to hear. I feel like the Ohio State HC may keep his job into year 3 of his contract since they are 7-0 so far this season. The Florida HC might also keep his job simply because of his #1 recruiting class. I don't know how much of an effect these have on their approvals since they've already each failed 4 or more goals and their in year 2 of their 3 year contracts.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
Rookie

A new question, is it possible to change your Alma Mater in an OD? I've been reading that a number of people have been losing out on high profile HC jobs to lesser rated coordinators that are alumni of those schools. I'd like the players in my OD to have a fair shot at receiving an offer based upon performance and I don't want to turn of the coaching carousel.

Update, I am in week 14 of my OD and still ranked #1. I'll be in the SEC championship game and hopefully the NC game. Ohio State, Auburn, Florida and Texas look like they could fire their coaches as they all under-performed again this season. Florida is my goal because their recruiting class has 6 5* players and 4 4* players which would make for a great freshman roster entering my first season. If not, I've decided to take the best offer received.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #15
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

Yes. You can change the alma mater to any coach at any time. But once you change it, you can't change it back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #16
Rookie

My 2 year contract at Ole Miss is now completed. As their OC, I won 2 National Championships, 2 SEC Titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans. My coach prestige is an A. Ole Miss has offered me a new contract to remain the OC and I also have the option to apply for the HC position at SMU. I am thinking of passing on these two positions to see what offers may open up. I'm fearful that if I pass on Ole Miss then nothing better will be available this year since most major schools have their coach for one more season. I know that they could potentially fire their coach to offer me but it's a risk because Ole Miss is now a 5 star school and I recruited good players.

What would you guys do, stay for another contract at Ole Miss as the OC or decline the offer and take my chances in the carousel?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »