Home

FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

This is a discussion on FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2012, 01:31 AM   #97
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
To be honest, I don't think that's the reason either...IMO, I think it might just be too hard for EA to accurately rate the FCS squads in the game. Think back to how they rated the FCS teams on last gen. The players were just terrible...worse than their real-life counterparts.

I just think it's too much of a challenge for them to even try to do it
I don't think they care about rating them (as you can see with what we have now with FBS ratings), I just think they don't feel like doing it at this point in the series on this generation of consoles.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:20 AM   #98
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

I doubt the FCS teams would make it in, but I have a bit of hope left. The last time they really gave them REAL attention was back in NCAA Football 2000!! They actually had FCS teams' real stadiums!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #99
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

This isn't directed to any one person in particular, but to those who say that people don't care about FCS teams..I just want my voice heard.

I dont give TWO flying **** what happens in the FBS, I'm all FCS ALL THE TIME. Not saying any one has to agree, but I just want to let it be known that there are those out there that really do care about those small lovable loser teams.

Also, I will NOT buy another college football game until my FCS schools are included.

Losing customers every day, EA.

Last edited by Mo; 04-03-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #100
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0

As much as I like the FCS, I see no reason that EA should provide the teams for us, especially when crowdsourcing has created FCS teams here that EA could never dream of making. All I want EA to do is to lift the TeamBuilder Replacement cap that they have on Dynasty Mode, so that I can create an FCS dynasty. I don't even really care about the playoffs. Just let me replace all the teams.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #101
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
This isn't directed to any one person in particular, but to those who say that people don't care about FCS teams..I just want my voice heard.

I dont give TWO flying f@cks what happens in the FBS, I'm all FCS ALL THE TIME. Not saying any one has to agree, but I just want to let it be known that there are those out there that really do care about those small lovable loser teams.

Also, I will NOT buy another college football game until my FCS schools are included.

again, it's not that nobody cares about them, it's that sadly you are the minority. They aren't going to sell many more units because they added a sub division which is hardly on tv and that the casual fans don't see. Its something that hardcore college football fans would like especially to get rid of those generic FCS teams, but its not a smart decision when they already are being criticized for their past few games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #102
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
again, it's not that nobody cares about them, it's that sadly you are the minority. They aren't going to sell many more units because they added a sub division which is hardly on tv and that the casual fans don't see. Its something that hardcore college football fans would like especially to get rid of those generic FCS teams, but its not a smart decision when they already are being criticized for their past few games.
Seemed like they were getting more exposure this past season. I got to watch at least 1 game every week. Mostly CAA, Ivy, and Southland with a few NEC (Robert Morris and Duquesne) games sprinkled in.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 04-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #103
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc

I dont give TWO flying **** what happens in the FBS, I'm all FCS ALL THE TIME. Not saying any one has to agree, but I just want to let it be known that there are those out there that really do care about those small lovable loser teams.

Being a follower of both and being a student at an FCS school, I really want to see them in because they complete the whole experience of college football and would add a ton of depth to dynasty. However, I can do without it as long as the gameplay (and really the game as a whole) improves.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #104
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Seemed like they were getting more exposure this past season. I got to watch at least 1 game every week. Mostly CAA, Ivy, and Southland with a few NEC (Robert Morris and Duquesne) games sprinkled in.
ESPNU has improved that a lot. They have FCS games on quite a bit. Also, CBS Sports and NBC Sports play a few FCS games as well (CBS= mostly Patriot League games and NBC mostly had Ivies, IIRC.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »