Home

FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

This is a discussion on FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #57
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
Did you read my first sentence? That was the first thing I addressed -.- I also never said your opinions don't matter, its just I'm sick and tired of people who let's say is from the Eastern seaboard(born and raised) and yet only cares about Bama and LSU, only plays as Bama and LSU in his/her dynasty and can care less about UNH or Delaware State and only know about Bama and LSU a few years ago and don't bother with the lesser know programs ala San Jose State or the FCS schools that are closer to home esp. online.I hate online. Whenever I played as SJSU they would change from their powerhouse team to one that is closer to SJSU's rating which is an insult, I want to face you against Michigan or Texas and have the opportunity to beat you with FAU or North Texas or SJSU. I do not rage quit. I will take the loss like a man. I do find it funny when someone online is losing to me and I'm like Middle Tennessee State and he is Bama or something(not the exact teams but you get the idea).

I mean how can I be an elitist when I cheer for the underdogs, that's like saying the proletariat is better than the aristocracy because they're dirt-poor and have little to no resources. I am also insulted that you call me an elitist, your like my friend who thinks I'm an elitist because I think the epitome of a fan is to stick by your team through good times and bad, not abandon them once they start doing badly which is what a true fan does.Your view of elitism and my view of elitism will never coincide but I really do not appreciate you calling me an "elitist". I will never be an elitist, those are the type of people that I'm fighting against and giving the little guys(like SJSU) a chance.
I actually root for EMU and all the other mid-major teams btw. EMU did good for one half against Ohio St. I think 2 seasons ago then got blown out in the 2nd half. I bet you however, that most people who play NCAA only care about prestige and winning programs and scoff at programs like San Jose State or Rice, that is a prime example of CFB elitism.
Ya know, I was gonna respond in a rant...but that serves no purpose at all here. It further fuels a stupid argument that is pointless, and honestly is a giant pissing contest.

This thread can be summed up by saying this: I think we all agree on wanting FCS teams in the game at some point, but we don't want Dev teams splitting their focus this year (or any year) until the gameplay is fixed. If they added a bunch of FCS schools but released bad gameplay, its still a bad product, just with more teams to realize how bad it is. Doesn't make people elitist to want a good game before they add a bunch more schools to the mix, and its unwarranted to claim otherwise. Granted they did have a bunch last gen, but so what? The gameplay and game was better last gen as a whole, but the game still is borderline awful in terms of physics and other things now.

And don't start me on Marxian theory lol...I'm a Soc. Major
Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #58
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
I have created my school on teambuilder and DL at least 40+ FCS schools as well. Really? Where is your school pride? Don't you want to play as them on dynasty and get to see them win the BCS championship in the game?
honestly, no. Just because i played there doesn't mean i want to use them in a video game. Notre Dame is still my favorite college football team and i'd much rather use them than the small school i went to.

Teambuilder is there for that reason. I re-create my high school and many of the schools we used to play and i inserted them into a dynasty. If i want to use non FBS team then i use teambuilder. But i don't want EA worrying about adding an extra 100 teams to the game when the quality of the game isn't good enough with the 120 team they already have in there.

If the gameplay was great and this game didn't have so many flaws/bugs/glitches then i'd say go ahead and add them. But there are so many things wrong with this game that the last thing i want is for them to devote time to adding something that isn't going to improve the quality of the game.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

For the record:

FBS = 119 schools
FCS = 119 schools
DII = 148 schools
DIII = 199 schools

So that would be 238 teams if they included FBS and FCS. 386 teams if you go down to DII and 585 teams if you go all the way down to DIII.

EA's own FIFA 12 has over 500 licensed teams and 15,000 total players in its game. If EA Canada can do that much, then surely EA Tiburon can do the bare minimum with NCAA and give us the other 119 D-I schools in FCS.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-28-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #60
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
For the record:

FBS = 119 schools
FCS = 119 schools
DII = 148 schools
DIII = 199 schools

So that would be 238 teams if they included FBS and FCS. 386 teams if you go down to DII and 585 teams if you go all the way down to DIII.

EA's own FIFA 12 has over 500 licensed teams and 15,000 total players in its game. If EA Canada can do that much, then surely EA Tiburon can do the bare minimum with NCAA and give us the other 119 D-I schools in FCS.
when NCAA Football is on the same quality level of Fifa... then let's talk.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #61
Banned

mackattack14's Arena

OVR: 10

Hey guys, I'm new here so I thought I'd post on one of the more popular threads. I'm currently a wide Receiver for the University of North Carolina (#86, a sophomore, from Sanford, NC). We are looking forward to a great season with the new coach Larry Fedora. Even though we have the 1 year postseason ban, we are working our butts off to show the nation what the Heels are made of. If any of you guys are UNC fans or fans of college football, you can reply to me if you want to talk about the Tar Heels, football in general, or anything you like. Go Heels!

God Bless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #62
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
...i don't want EA worrying about adding an extra 100 teams to the game when the quality of the game isn't good enough with the 120 team they already have in there.

If the gameplay was great and this game didn't have so many flaws/bugs/glitches then i'd say go ahead and add them. But there are so many things wrong with this game that the last thing i want is for them to devote time to adding something that isn't going to improve the quality of the game.
While I do understand where you're coming from, I don't quite agree. Adding FCS teams probably likely wouldn't take much away from gameplay enhancements. The biggest part of adding FCS teams would be importing/creating logos, uniforms, and fight songs (maybe mascots and a few stadiums? But we'll say no to make it a little easier for EA). That takes no people away from the gameplay team.

They could work on it post-release and put it out as a $10 DLC or something and have even less impact on the graphics team's budget and workload. Plus that way, no impact on disc space either.

The biggest issue (work wise) would probably be updating rosters every year.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #63
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
They don't need two ratings. They just need to spread the ratings out.

For example:
90+ All-American
80+ All-Conference/ FCS Pro Prospect
70+ FBS Starter/ FCS All-American
60+ FBS 2nd string/ FCS starter
50+ FBS 3rd string/ FCS 2nd string
40+ FBS Walkon/ FCS 3rd string
30+ FCS Walkon

Obviously this is a little off because not all FBS schools are equal, but just an idea. There's no need for two ratings. They just need to stretch them a little more.
That is a solid idea. The different ratings was just a thought, but TBH, I like this a lot better. A little less messy.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #64
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
The best part is when an FBS school passes on a player for someone rated higher, then the coveted player busts turns out to be a terrible player, and the non-wanted player shines all 4 years at the FCS school.
And this is what I think would be most entertaining about Dynasty mode in the FCS. I can just imagine bringing an overlooked recruit into UNI and having him turn out to be an absolute beast on the FCS level. That would be so sweet, but as others have said, the gameplay does need to be shored up, and given the choice, I'd take better gameplay before FCS teams in a heartbeat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »