Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - Just a Little More Gameplay Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
In response to ODOGG, I don't think my expectations are too high. My only expectation is that the game should AT LEAST play as realistic as it did on an inferior console almost a decade ago. Is that too much to ask for?
Yes, if you are expecting us to get a different game engine then you're expectations are misplaced. The engine will not change fundamentally between now and next gen.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
I hate this but it's probably true.. I just cant stand that we pretty much get the same game every year with very little "real" improvement. I mean you can watch someone play 12 and then watch someone play 06 and see things that are still the exact same
I'm going to agree and disagree with you here. I completely agree that we can go back to NCAA 06 or whatever and still see things that aren't fixed. And yes that makes me unhappy. And yes they should have been fixed by now, no question.

But I will disagree when I read into this that NCAA 06 to NCAA 12 are fundamentally the same game. At least that's the implication I get. I don't believe they are, I think we have seen huge, HUGE improvements from NCAA 06 to NCAA 12. Are we where we should be? Hell no, not even close. But I've actually fired up NCAA 06, 07 etc and they are nearly unplayable for me compared to NCAA 12. Also, I hardly could stand to play those games and usually put them down after a month. The last couple of years I've been playing throughout the year.

Quote:
What disappoints me the most is that they have so many resources/options/opportunities but it seems like they aren't taking advantage because they know people will buy a so-so product without question every single year.
I hear you on that. I'd say disappointed is a word that suits me as well. But with that being said, per my past long winded post, I am no longer angry. I no longer have sky high expectations that "this is the year". I no longer really believe this year the game will be markedly improved in a lot of areas important to me.

I do however still look forward to the game and purchase it on day one and enjoy it. I know that many folks frown upon that and consider me as someone who is "blindly buying the game" and I'm part of the problem per se, and maybe that's true. Honestly though, I'm tired of thinking of all of this philosophical debate about these sorts of issues.

Once again, the single issue EVERYONE should be asking themselves is this: Do I feel I'll get my $60 worth out of this purchase? If the answer is no, then don't buy it. If it's yes then buy it an enjoy it for what it is. If the game is as bad as some seem to think it is then eventually there will be enough no's and things may be different.

Although honestly I seriously doubt it will happen because the general population outside of OS just treat the football games as some fun video game distraction until the big fall/winter releases like Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc, etc. So long as that is how the large majority of EA's gamers see the games we can expect more of the same. And I for one don't plan to torture myself or lament that scenario and raise my stress level over something that is far beyond my control.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Last edited by ODogg; 04-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ

i sound cynical but if they improve three key things i'd end up buying the game. I just wish the football games were like NBA 2k. All the slider adjustments and depth and i usually play them all year, almost until the next one releases. Football ens up getting traded in a few months after the final patches. I really wish it didn't end up that way.
Well see here is where I get confused, you say you want it like 2k? I loathe 2k games and would absolutely never buy NCAA Football again if were to play like 2K games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
That's such an intellectually dishonest statement. Why not debate the content of the criticism instead of trying to attack the people with a baseless comment?

If 2K somehow released a college football game without a physics engine, you think people would be happy with that just because it's 2K? Come on. Do yall really believe that?
I was just agreeing with the other post, you should ask him. But since you asked I actually do believe that people would be happy with it. Just like people are unhappy with almost every EA product after seeing 4 seconds of something just beacuse it is EA.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0
You guys make me laugh. All you do is complain about a game that is not coming out for 3 months. Obviously, changes will be made. But don't come on this board, complaining about this and how you're not going to spend your precious $60 on it. EA has ZERO reason to make a perfect game that has every feature you want. Why would they do that? They would have no opportunity to improve this game for next year. There are a group of faithful fans out there that look forward to this game every year and have no problems shelling out money for it. If you really HATE this game the way you say, don't buy it. That is truly all EA will notice...
Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm going to agree and disagree with you here. I completely agree that we can go back to NCAA 06 or whatever and still see things that aren't fixed. And yes that makes me unhappy. And yes they should have been fixed by now, no question.

But I will disagree when I read into this that NCAA 06 to NCAA 12 are fundamentally the same game. At least that's the implication I get. I don't believe they are, I think we have seen huge, HUGE improvements from NCAA 06 to NCAA 12. Are we where we should be? Hell no, not even close. But I've actually fired up NCAA 06, 07 etc and they are nearly unplayable for me compared to NCAA 12. Also, I hardly could stand to play those games and usually put them down after a month. The last couple of years I've been playing throughout the year.
I too agree that there have been huge changes made, I wasn't implying that we are playing the exact same game every year, just that there are still things that have not been improved since those older games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitnappe9
You guys make me laugh. All you do is complain about a game that is not coming out for 3 months. Obviously, changes will be made. But don't come on this board, complaining about this and how you're not going to spend your precious $60 on it. EA has ZERO reason to make a perfect game that has every feature you want. Why would they do that? They would have no opportunity to improve this game for next year. There are a group of faithful fans out there that look forward to this game every year and have no problems shelling out money for it. If you really HATE this game the way you say, don't buy it. That is truly all EA will notice...
It's not like all this complaining is just now coming out.. sure we haven't seen anything about the game yet but our complaints have been here since last year when 12 didn't live up to the bill. Also I really think this will be the year that people here will be fed up enough to not buy the game. They've tricked us the past few years with this huge hype-machine that seems almost as important to them as the actual game, and I think this year people will realize that it really is just hype. If questions aren't answered and expectations aren't met, people will be mad, and EA will notice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I am not expecting any big changes. I liked '12, but there were some aspects of Gameplay that kept me from playing it long term. That is why I am hoping the gameplay from the vid is just a early build. I plan on buying '13 day one, but if CPU PlayCalling, blocking, defense isnt improved, I dont see myself playing it past NBA 2k13
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #103
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitnappe9
I can agree and disgree with you, but you do come off a little unrefined with your statement. Yes the best way to show a company is to not spend your money with them, but in a sense when people complain doesn't always nessarly means they hate the game. I for one will tell you after watching the absurd bull rush animation is still in the game rather than driving a lineman into the QB that I'm glad I will not be purchasing this game. It just means I get to spend more time with the ratings in NCAA 12 to really understand how the really work and affect game play.

You have to take in though we have been waiting since 2006 when NCAA 07 came out for a great simulation football game but have watched sports games like FIFA, PES, NBA 2k, NHL, and MLB makes strides, no not stirdes but greatly vast improvements in the simulation factor that football games have not. What makes it worse for us loyal football fans is NHL and FIFA are both EA titles and have surpassed their football games. So I see their venting not as hating but merely a disappointment in the fact EA has what the simulation football gaming community(including myself) is looking for but has yet to bring it to the football genre.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
I too agree that there have been huge changes made, I wasn't implying that we are playing the exact same game every year, just that there are still things that have not been improved since those older games.
Ok, I misinterpreted what you meant then. However you and I both know a good number of people do honestly say in the forums that the game is the same now basically as it was 5 years ago and that's simply not true at all.

One other thing about complaints...I've been in these forums for a long time and for all the love that the older games on PS2 get, I do recall as much complaining about those games being mediocre back then, just like now. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Nostalgia improves a product in many ways.

Note, I'm not saying that the PS2 version didn't have things we don't have now. Of course they did. Nor am I saying those games were not better than today's games. That's debatable.

It's just funny that I think people tend to put those games up there so highly when, if you could go back and read the forums in the PS2 days you'd see it's the same then as it was now and there will always be people who simply can't stand EA football and constantly talk about how something else, an older game, another companys product or whatever is better. Why they keep wallowing in being miserable is odd to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »