Home

Are You Capable Of Being Objective About NCAA 13?

This is a discussion on Are You Capable Of Being Objective About NCAA 13? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Are You Capable Of Being Objective About NCAA 13?

I think this is the question I wanted to ask in an earlier thread but I went about it in the wrong way. We all have certain biases, opinions and perspectives about NCAA Football and collegiate gaming in general so I wonder how much that will influence each persons judgement about this years game.

For example, I believe I am a positive outlook person by nature so there is a good chance I am already bias towards seeing the game in positive light. It is interesting, imo, to try to be honest with yourself and figure out how objective we are capable of being in a given situation.

The fact is no matter how NCAA 13 turns out, there will be some positive, negatives and stalemates, depending on personal perspective. We all know there is still a good 3 months before the game drops and at about 1 week before gameplay info is released, so I want to just talk about people's thoughts on their ability to be objective, considering their perspective on NCAA Football and collegiate gaming in general, not speculate directly about the game or specific features.

Are you capable of being objective about NCAA 13?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Are You Capable Of Being Objective About NCAA 13?

I REALLY try to stay objective with this game. I give credit where it's due, try not to exaggerate when being critical of the game, and keep sarcasm to a minimum (it just doesn't accomplish anything).

But I have to be honest with myself, I've become so frustrated with the NCAA series on this generation that I tend to look at everything they do on the more negative side. For so many years, I held onto the hope that "this is the year they finally get back on track and give me the game I'm looking for." Problem is, I had my hopes crushed for so long that I've become jaded and pessimistic in regards to just about anything they say/do, despite that not being in my true nature (I'm generally a glass-half-full kind of guy).

This isn't to say that I just want to bash EA and would look for any excuse to badmouth them. If they released a "good" game, I'd give them credit and jump back on board. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not giving them the benefit-of-the-doubt anymore. They're going to have to prove it to me first.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I always am objective when I look at any game. How ever, being that I have worked on video games before, I know BS excuses and lies when I see it. Grant it there some system limitations due to the lack of RAM in these consoles, how ever I know for a fact we should have been much much farther along in this system cycle then we are.

EA Tiborun basically just spent the past 6 years playing catch up to get to the point where they were in 2006. So in essence we lost this generation of production, because of using the time to invent new things, they instead use this entire generation to get back the things we already had last generation.

That makes me wary of the next generation. I don't feel like going another 6 years of playing catch up.

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes this generation and are currently working on a new big STABLE engine for next generation of consoles. Stop using old legacy code that you know is faulty.

Without a strong foundation, you can't build upon it. Which was the problem this generation, their engine was faulty from the get go, which is why they had take damn near everything out of the game that was in last generation and slowly over the past 6 years add those things back 1 by 1.

With that said, I always gave them the benefit of the doubt until I see their game play videos and play the retail version of it. But from a person who is from the industry, I am greatly disappointed in this system cycle that EA Tiborun has had.

They should be much further along....
Old 04-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

No, I won't be objective about NCAA '13. It has a very short leash with me. Now I'm not one of these "EA Killers" because I've been playing the NCAA series nonstop for awhile now with the last three years being in an online dynasty. The dynasty runs from release until June, well this year its looking bleak as we're starting to slow down because of the frustrations that come with this game, so I can't be classified as a seasonal gamer either.

Give them a chance? Yes, I'm renting the game. But I can't go in being positive when most of the time things they implement don't work properly. Or they aren't perfected or worked on for more than one year (e.g locomotion). The people they bring in to help (GameChangers) only hype the game -- "OMG! They listened." I just can't get down with that.

I hope they can make me smile with this release but I highly doubt it. If they do, hey I'll be glad. If not, ehhh... my expectations aren't that high anyway.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I can be but, I don't think I will. EA has burned through every bit of "benefit of the doubt" I have for them. I mean that is assuming I purchase the game, but no I am not going to be objective. But I also won't post most of that here as I like being a part of OS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 04-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was having this exact same discussion with one of my best friends who has played NCAA with me since NCAA 98 with Wuerffel on the cover haha. We've gotten it early or release date every year since 2000 and were just so let down with NCAA 12 that it really had us questioning if we would buy another one.

With the new information starting to roll out, we are sending joking texts to one another about the new features when the gameplay still is fundamentally broken (reservation held until April 17th).

I am just sick of the EA football titles being subpar while some of the other games by the SAME COMPANY (FIFA, Fight Night) are so much better than the football titles.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I REALLY try to stay objective with this game.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

I am much more objective and positive with NCAA than I am with Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »