Home

Strip ball animation...

This is a discussion on Strip ball animation... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Strip ball animation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
they need to get rid of the whole aggressive/conservative gameplan feature. The idea wasn't bad but it was poorly implemented.
"Gameplan adjustments" needs an overhaul <-- I posted a suggestion on what to do with Gameplan in the wishlist thread.

The existing gameplan adjustments don't have to be scrapped in a sense, but merely embedded into the player's attributes giving them more unique identities of whether they're a playmaker or simply a role player - actually bringing the player tendencies to fruition. For example, why should a run stopping tendency DL-man have the same Jump Snap advantage as a pass rushing tendency DL-man? And what does jumping a snap have to do with a gameplan? Coaches ideally would like their DL-men to get off the ball quickly all the time.

And for coaches specifically, playcall aggressiveness should determine the zone depths and option defense from the current gameplan adjustments. This is such an important slider because it would give coaches a unique identity as well. Zone blocking, man-to-man blocking, or a balance of both; this could go a long way with offensive playcall aggressiveness. For example, if your coach is aggressive, he'd run a zone blocking scheme. Man-to-man would be conservative. Balanced would include both.

Last edited by TIMB0B; 05-30-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

scrap gameplan. The aggressive strip is the worst abused feature online, imo. I'd be cool with it, if you could do more than just offset it. If it really were possible that this feature meant more missed tackles, then it would be a nice feature to have if you were behind and need to take chances, but as is, it's just a crutch for cheesers.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
Most of the "gameplan" features should be under coaching philosophy or timeout/halftime adjustments. There isn't as much risk as there is reward IMO but the game aslo doesn't have a lot of things that are in real football. If a guy wants to make his players strip my running back, it shouldn't result in a 1 man tackle. Almost all of the aggressive sliders put you in better position than playing normally.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
That's my exact problem with the strip ball feature.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknutz
scrap gameplan. The aggressive strip is the worst abused feature online, imo. I'd be cool with it, if you could do more than just offset it. If it really were possible that this feature meant more missed tackles, then it would be a nice feature to have if you were behind and need to take chances, but as is, it's just a crutch for cheesers.
Also, they'd need to add a lot more "falling forward" tackle/strip animations. Most of the strip animations in the game are just as good as a normal tackle (better in fact when you count the fact that you have a better chance of causing a fumble). In real life, when guys are going for the strip, they're much less likely to square a guy up and thus give up more yards after first contact. People would use the aggressive setting less if their defenders were constantly getting bullied for extra yardage.

But, honestly, they should just scrap the system. It was a good idea, but this game engine just can't handle it with no real-time physics and so few animations to work with. And since EA only seems to be able add in a few animations each year (and when they do it seems to only be either throwing or catching animations), I don't see them getting to this any time soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »