Home

NCAA Football 13 Demo Is Out, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Demo Is Out, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #921
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 13 Demo Is Out, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Can anyone confirm what the game speed was set at on the demo?
I'm thinking they set it on fast to 'show off' their awful motion blur they seem so proud of
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #922
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8

I like it a lot, it plays like a really good NCAA game, the new passing is nice. The animations seems relatively crisp but I can't help but get an empty feeling while I played it. I've played this all before. I've heard these announcers, I've ran all of these plays. I just don't feel anything different from this years game other than the ESPN integration. That's fine and all but we've had little to no changes since around 2007.

I'm on the fence about purchasing and some of my online dynasty's and lack of interest in Madden/NFL will probably make me buy it, but it just feels like a roster update with ESPN Integration. Nothing feels too different.

Also I really don't like the option pitch getting moved to the front bumper. I'll get use to it but it seems out of place and more difficult there.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #923
Rookie

OVR: 9
Is this Xbox Live Gold Exclusive??
Old 06-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #924
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

I am playing the KSU vs Baylor game and I am up 17-14. They marched down the field to the 40 yard line with 14 seconds to go. QB lets the clock run down from 14 to 3 before snapping the ball to do a spike. That was strange call #1. On the next play the commentators are saying "lets see how far he can throw it blah blah" and they run a HB Draw. You are down by 3 on the 40 yard line with 3 seconds left and run a draw play? I mean really? This was the first game I made sure it was close to the end to see what would happen and I am very very disappointed. Not to mention it seems as though I am playing 12 all over again, same plays, same commentary, same look, same feel. Not to mention 4 verts is still king
Old 06-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #925
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie98
Is this Xbox Live Gold Exclusive??
Yes, for now; if past history is any indicator it should be available on XBL Silver in a week or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #926
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok. So I played two games so far. I will try out the Heisman mode tonight.

PS3 player.

Pros:

Passing is vastly improved - I caught a few new animations, over the shoulder, leading the WR worked well, trajectories work fairly well thus far. I look forward to really playing with the QB's and see all the different throwing styles, throwing on the run etc.

Tackling looks tuned - I saw some beautiful clean up tackles where the ball carrier was wrapped at his feet and another defender came in and cleaned up. Very cool to see that more often now.

Crowd Noise - Vastly improved from 12. The crowd swells, and reacts much better.

ESPN Ticker/Studio Cut Aways - This addition is major for me. I feel much more immersed in a lving breathing dynasty now. Rece sounds bad by higher standards of other sports games, however it is good enough for now. It does not irk me that much. I am glad they have gotten this in the game. The ESPN ticker is awesome and such a big thing for me. Now it looks much more like a Saturday broadcast on ESPN. I love reading the scores between plays, etc. I am not going to rush through games with the ticker. I can see getting immersed a lot more on NCAA 13.

Cons:

Play by Play - It's a demo, so I am not judging this till retail. But on the demo..it's the same ol same ol. Nothing really new.

Really that is about it. It is meeting my expectations in that I really loved 11 and 12 (despite some bugs) and this to me feels and looks like a near fully polished version of those two games. I did not expect a new game. We are what 5 titles in now this cycle? I would like many have liked the new RTP Madden is getting, but I will keep my pre-order and play this game a ton.

This will be my last NCAA purchase for years as well as Madden. This gen has been pushed to the limit it seems. And i will not go next gen for at least 3 years. So this is it. I think with the new presentation touches, the much improved passing tuning and read and react defense tuning the game will be a winner.

7/10
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-08-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #927
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
I'm thinking they set it on fast to 'show off' their awful motion blur they seem so proud of
OK thanks for the info. It felt like normal to me. It was way to easy for me to see the whole play develope.

Anyone know for sure what the speed was set at in the demo? Thank You.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #928
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

This isn't fast that is for damn sure. I played on fast before and this isn't it. This looks more like normal, 0 speed threshold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »