Home

why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics

This is a discussion on why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #73
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Just being honest here, I have a hard time understanding how 20 straight people can say they are seeing the same thing and then that one has to say "Not on my TV!"

I am a PS3 owner. My roommate has a 360. I was saying this last year too, the differences are very very noticable. It's just fact.
I have played both versions of the demo on the same plasma and the 360 is much crisper and cleaner.....my opinion, but its not even really close.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #74
Rookie

dreneel's Arena

OVR: 4

They never got the programming right on the PS3...
Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #75
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6
I thought EA said a couple of years ago that they used 2 separate teams for the ps3 and 360

Sent From My Nexus S 4G *****!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #76
Rookie

RIP GUTT CAPONE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I have played both versions of the demo on the same plasma and the 360 is much crisper and cleaner.....my opinion, but its not even really close.
I also have both consoles and the demo for both and agree the 360 version is slightly better. Both played on the same L.E.D. tv with a professional calibration compliant with ISF standards through hdmi (yes both inputs are custom calibrated for each device), and feel 360 is more realistic looking than ps3(hopefully because it is still only a DEMO). The ps3 version looks washed out and over lighted but some brightness and contrast tweaking can really improve the picture eventhough u shouldnt have to do this bs. I understand different developers use different HD protocol, but the same game..come on Mass effect 3 looks almost identical on these two systems.I am a fan of both systems, and think each one has something the other doesnt in terms of entertainment ex. bluray vs standard dvd or discontinued hd dvd, and exclusive games, with that being said year after year 360 's version seems to just perform a little better each year. Each version has an edge though in different categories such as stadium sounds easier on ps3, online community more active on 360 but both have great roster makers.

Loving 2k15,
Kinda hating Destiny
Hate NBA live 14
Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #77
Rookie

D0GGERT D0G's Arena

OVR: 4

I personally like the gameplay for the PS3 version over Xbox 360, will be my first NCAA since my transition from 360 to PS3 however
Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #78
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Grass still isnt rendered properly on the PS3 version. In season pass version anyway. Is it likely it will be fixed in retail?

Photobucket

Its night and day compared to the 360. Rest of graphics are ok in my opinion.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #79
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

the graphics have never really improved. They haven't touched the player models in god knows how long and they patted themselves on the back so much for having 3D grass and then failed miserably at implementing it.

I've said it in other threads, at this point i have 0 faith in the current NCAA team. The graphics have not seen an upgrade, the gameplay has not seen an upgrade, the commentary has not seen an upgrade, even a lot of the features, especially dynasty mode, has not seen an upgrade, the entrances have not seen an upgrade, the camera angles have not seen an upgrade, coaching carousel has not seen an upgrade, teambuilder has not seen an upgrade, custom stadium sounds have not seen an upgrade. Hell even the menu's and menu music have not seen an upgrade.

Instead it seems like every year they are talking about the lighting in the sky, the grass or some gimmick feature like Heisman challenge. They just don't seem to get it.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #80
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

The Xbox version has always looked better than any Sony version going back to last gen. I don't know why, maybe it's programming, maybe it's hardware, disk space or whatever. It looks better. It's never ruined my game enjoyment, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »