Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #5 Dynamic Conference Prestige

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #5 Dynamic Conference Prestige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #5 Dynamic Conference Prestige

if they cant keep sock length from resetting every year in dynasty it is worthless to me...i could care less about these features if after one year the play "on field" looks shoddy ...

in one player offline dynasty this feature will cause "big boy" conferences to have an even bigger edge..good for those who like it though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
This sounds great and all, but I'm super worried that in 5 years the SEC's prestige is gonna be D.

They should have had the average of the Top 6's finish in the BCS standings for the previous 5 years or so. Conference Prestige is dynamic, but it isn't THAT dynamic.
If 12 Users in an online dynasty took over the ACC and recruited on JV, then that might happen, but otherwise it seems unlikely that this will occur.

Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, South Carolina, with the grades and ranking that those teams start with when the game ships, it's my opinion that the conference will never even fall below a "B" without serious User intervention.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #27
Rookie

soulless pupil's Arena

OVR: 2
Give me dynamic gameplay and CPU playcalling and i'll get excited. Until then, I'd rather not buy any football games...
Old 06-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #28
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Guarantee that this will break something. Guarantee.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #29
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
im worried that after a few years some of the bigger teams/conferences and gonna turn into duke....
Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Quote:
This sounds great and all, but I'm super worried that in 5 years the SEC's prestige is gonna be D.

They should have had the average of the Top 6's finish in the BCS standings for the previous 5 years or so. Conference Prestige is dynamic, but it isn't THAT dynamic.
If 12 Users in an online dynasty took over the ACC and recruited on JV, then that might happen, but otherwise it seems unlikely that this will occur.

Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, South Carolina, with the grades and ranking that those teams start with when the game ships, it's my opinion that the conference will never even fall below a "B" without serious User intervention.
I have to say I disagree a bit. Even in '12 after the first 5-6 or so years in most of my dynasties the SEC turns into a so-so conference. The prestige stays the same, but no team ever does well. The teams recruit highly every year, but most finish outside the top 15(after starting in the top 15) because their confrence schedules are so tough. None of them ever finish undefeated or with one loss. They beat themselves up. Every year the National Championship is won by a Big East or ACC team. I'm currently in year 2037 and I don't think I've seen a Big12, Big 10, Pac 12 or SEC team take it home in the past 15 seasons. Its not uncommon for me to see teams with B+ and B- ratings go to the dance and take it home simply because they went 12-0 and played nobodies the whole season. Strength of schedule needs to play more of a factor if you ask me.

Also, for those curious, I've specifically tried to stay out of the big conferences by being a coordinator in the lower level conferences and never renewing my contracts more than 1 time. That way the game stays fresh and a challenge. During my current dynasty I've only been to the national championship twice and won it once with BYU.

Last edited by tested29; 06-20-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #31
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Football Manager added this feature this past year as well and it was a welcome addition for multiple seasons. Glad to see it in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

As long as there are BCS and nonBCS conferences there needs to be a ceiling for the nonBCS conferences. Maybe B+.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »