Home

NCAA Football 13 Top 25 Ranked Teams

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Top 25 Ranked Teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 13 Top 25 Ranked Teams

[quote=Kaiser Wilhelm;2043794986]These are the ones I take issue with.

21. Boise State. No Kellen Moore and a tougher conference.
22. Texas. I didn't see anything promising last year.

quote]

Have to disagree on these two. Although I think Boise is always overrated. they will have a good shot and winning 10 games. It's not a tougher conference as this is their second year in the Mountain West. Plus the mountain west lost TCU the team that won over them. All they added were Nevada, Fresno St and Hawaii from the WAC (the conference they used to dominate). Next year they go to BE.

On Texas, I hate everything Texas. Am a husker fan, but Texas is coming back up. They have never lacked the talent and last year were adjusting to new coordinator. They may not be a top 10 team this year but they are definitely top 25. And if not will be just out of it. Oklahoma is good, but Oklahoma St will not be as good without Weeden/Blackmon, Baylor will return to mediocrity in a couple years without RGIII, K-State is so overrated, West Va will struggle not being in the BE as will TCU, and Tech won't be relevant until after Tuberville leaves. If they find a way to win the RRR, they are almost guaranteed a conference title IMO. And I love to root for KU and the 'clones they have no realistic shot of ever competing for the BIG XII title.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #42
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerForce
LOL at the Seminole hate. They hate because they know.

EJ Manuel misses almost all 3 games that FSU loses early on so a freshman QB plays against OU and Clemson...

Oh and by end season FSU is starting an entire offensive line of freshman...

Noles will be in there in the end this season, yall will see.

Side note: Texas in the top 25? Which QB is gonna start for them? And who is he throwing too? Mack still coaches right, so yea probably another stellar 5 or 6 loss season.
And we had a top 5 Defense...and our QB won a bowl game with a broken leg. Haters gonna hate though.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #43
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

My issues are with ND, Boise State and Texas.

Notre Dame should be in the 30's at best, it annoyed me to see them up at #3 in the demo, no way are they near a championship run.

Boise State has a lot of turn over and I feel they should be at 25 or just barely unranked. Texas doesn't belong at all, they are lower 40's upper 30's. Completely speculation but that team had big issues last year and the B12 got a lot better, they could do something but I wouldn't rank them top 25 yet.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #44
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax

Notre Dame should be in the 30's at best, it annoyed me to see them up at #3 in the demo, no way are they near a championship run.

Boise State has a lot of turn over and I feel they should be at 25 or just barely unranked. Texas doesn't belong at all, they are lower 40's upper 30's. Completely speculation but that team had big issues last year and the B12 got a lot better, they could do something but I wouldn't rank them top 25 yet.
Agreed. Notre Dame simply gets talent off the name alone. Brian Kelly isn't the same BK any more and ND lives off its history, rather than recent performance
Old 06-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #45
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
My gripes:

Shouldn't be ranked: Notre Dame

Too High: USC, Florida State, South Carolina

Too Low: Boise State

I'd like to see Georgia & Arkansas swap rankings. That's about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax

In my 31 years of life I have realized three guarantees. Death Taxes and Notre Dame will be a preseason top 25 team. The sad fact is that with their schedule there is no reason they shouldn't be in the top 25 every year. Even if they lose to their annual opponents that are usually good, they should still finish with 8 wins minimum. USC, Michigan, and lately Michigan St, are tougher teams, but when your other teams are Purdue, BC, Navy, Army or AF, no excuse.

As far as Boise, they are not going to be a consistent top 25 team after this season. They benefited from a good coaching staff with overachieving players and no schedule minus a bowl game and first game of the year.

Texas, I don't know what people watched last year, but IMO they are an average QB away from being back in the title hunt. Their D is still one of the best, have great running back tandem, and Jaxson Shipley doesn't look any different then his brother. It all came down to QB play. And young QB's only get better. Maybe these won't get good enough, but that is the missing ingredient in being a top15 team instead of a top 30 team. If you look at the top 25 teams at the end of last year, most at the bottom had 4 losses. At least the ones who play in a BCS Conference. So you could assume that as long as they have at least 8 wins with their name they will be a top 25 team. So who on their schedule is going to give them 5 losses. Wyoming-Win, New Mexico-Win, Ole Miss-Win, Oklahoma St-Win, West Va-Push, Oklahoma-Loss, Baylor-Win, Kansas-Win, Tx Tech-Win, ISU-Win, TCU-Win, K-State-Push. I just don't see how they lose more than 4? There isn't a team on their schedule minus Oklahoma that is a team I would say is a lock for a loss.

Last edited by schumach; 06-22-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6
It wouldn't be EA sports NCAA football if Florida State wasn't way over-rated.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #48
Banned

as a Buckeye fan. I think we got # 18 based on the coaching staff we have now. without Urban we are not 18. and our defense was the shinning moment last year. offense not too bad. Last year did not have coaches who knew how to drive the well oli machine. now that we have better coaches we are back in to being really good. Maybe even better than our 10 years with Tressel. So 18 is fine. But maybe unranked or in the 20's based on last years record. But we are 18 because of our coaching staff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »