Home

The million dollar question....

This is a discussion on The million dollar question.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
Rookie

joeblackis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The million dollar question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
You can get it everywhere for $45, do not pay $60 man.
From what I found it is only Amazon (price matching toysrus) and toysrus (online) is 44.99

This past sunday's weekly retail store ads all showed 59.99 price points.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
I did see somewhere, I can't remember, that there was going to be a release day patch. If it fixes the DBs covering deep and covering the option, the CPU screen sack fest, and the CPU option, then we have a pretty good game.
If you read through the glitches thread this is pretty much it in a nutshell. Those 4 things. If they do this and fix the various freezing issues the game appears to be solid.

I did read of a glitch in recruiting where proximity to home didn't work correctly but I don't know at this point if its an isolated incident or a fundamental glitch.

Good news in my opinion is that even though the issues are glaring they aren't as widespread as years past.

I don't believe we're talking about a ton of patchwork here.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
Rookie

johnnywadd_xbgl's Arena

Honestly this game should have been pushed back. I am extremely disappointed in what they released. After all the hype of them fixing gameplay issues, there are tons of glitches.

*ball coming out of QBs stomach (QB glitch)
*DBs gliding backwards to cover
*still seen some instances where Super Linebackers swatted balls
*The replays seem extremely laggy
*Sometimes you cant swat or catch the ball with the defense (meaning the button doesnt work)
*DBs running in circles around the WR
*Computer gets about 12 sacks a game
*Computer cant run an option, screen pass, or any type of short pass play

Im probably not naming them all, but this is ridiculous. I could accept the fact they didnt incorporate the infinity engine, and sometimes the game plays well. I like the pass leading system. But these problems mentioned shouldnt have passed through game testing. Unless Ray Charles, and Stevie Wonder are leading the testing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywadd_xbgl
Honestly this game should have been pushed back. I am extremely disappointed in what they released. After all the hype of them fixing gameplay issues, there are tons of glitches.

*ball coming out of QBs stomach (QB glitch)
*DBs gliding backwards to cover
*still seen some instances where Super Linebackers swatted balls
*The replays seem extremely laggy
*Sometimes you cant swat or catch the ball with the defense (meaning the button doesnt work)
*DBs running in circles around the WR
*Computer gets about 12 sacks a game
*Computer cant run an option, screen pass, or any type of short pass play

Im probably not naming them all, but this is ridiculous. I could accept the fact they didnt incorporate the infinity engine, and sometimes the game plays well. I like the pass leading system. But these problems mentioned shouldnt have passed through game testing. Unless Ray Charles, and Stevie Wonder are leading the testing...
The lag in the replay's is motion blur, unless your having some problem I haven't seen in any video yet. It's a feature.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
Rookie

johnnywadd_xbgl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Knight
The lag in the replay's is motion blur, unless your having some problem I haven't seen in any video yet. It's a feature.
No its lag. For example when they do that cool game review ( cant rememebr the name of it) in the third, where it shows what happened in the first half, mine skips. Also if im trying to make a replay after the game, it skips there too.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

EA is never gonna push back a game. They would lose so much much money but I honestly think their sales are starting to suffer from their lack of effort. You reap what you sew type of thing I hope they realize a bigger effort is needed but if they continue to bank they wont.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #15
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Does the day 1 patch ever fix anything meaningful anyways????

Remembering back on the games this gen...

Seemed like a lot of fighting and scratching to survive until Patch #2 which was usually Mid to Late August.....and was usually the patch that incorporated the most Fan Feedback

I read far too many....."Geesh Guys the game just came out, they need a vacation for a bit, be patient....theres a couple remedy's out there if you look"

And I know far too much about the Microsoft/Sony XBL/PSN Certification process than I should

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-10-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #16
Rookie

johnnywadd_xbgl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Does the day 1 patch ever fix anything meaningful anyways????

Remembering back on the games this gen...

Seemed like a lot of fighting and scratching to survive until Patch #2 which was usually Mid to Late August.....and was usually the patch that incorporated the most Fan Feedback

I read far too many....."Geesh Guys the game just came out, they need a vacation for a bit, be patient....theres a couple remedy's out there if you look"
I downloaded a tuner i think. But i am wondering what the first patch will fix as well. I am not giving them the "oh okay, you're on vacation, its cool..." pass. They need to fix this stuff soon. I guess i shouldnt be surprised, but i am. It would actually be a good game if it wasnt so buggy. Prolly worse ive ever seen a game bugged.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »