Home

Road to Glory broken?

This is a discussion on Road to Glory broken? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Road to Glory broken?

IMO I think the rewards and penalties should stay the same throughout every difficulty and just make the gameplay harder. Right now if you play on Heisman, it's double the difficulty because the gameplay is hard and the points system is equally as hard.

Just leave the points system alone and let the gameplay determine the difficulty of moving through the depth chart. It doesn't have to be complicated by dumb imbalances in how the points are awarded vs taken away.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

If it wasn't for returning kicks (at least they did something right) there would be no way for me to move up the depth chart at RB. The blocking system is ok but guys still miss blocks pretty regularly so it's impossible not to have at least one loss of yardage in a practice session, which is -20!! I'm cool with the scoring on the rewards side, it's supposed to be hard on Heisman, I get it. I'll even accept -20 or even 40 for a fumble or drop, or even the mysterious "bad call for pass." But -1 yard losses are unavoidable, just makes it impossible to move up in practice. At least I'll get the $30 credit from Gamestop WHEN I return it. Maybe Madden will be better (but probably not).
Old 07-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #19
Rookie

KellBobMD's Arena

OVR: 0

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

I've been playing RTG exclusively (usually crank out a RTG career or two while I wait for the named rosters prior to starting my dynasty). People want realism and (in that video link) complain when their True Freshman QB gets demoted at Stanford after throwing INT's in practice. I did the same thing with my QB (playing on AA)- went in as the starter and sucked it up in practice (if you're trying to throw bombs to the endzone every play you WILL get picked.. a lot!!) and guess what- rode the pine for the first game. Won the starters role back week #2. True freshman QB starting week #2 and am now "Hometown Legend" status by the 8th game of Freshman year having already tied school record for passing TD's and yardage. (really??)

This mode is NOT broken and they tried to make it more difficult, which it is. I'm glad they made it more difficult and actually wish it was a little harder to work your way into the starters role- at least at big-time programs. A few years ago I supplanted Christian Ponder who was ~95 ovr, 3 year Sr. starter and future 1st round draft pick- with my true freshman QB by the 3rd game of the year. I went there cuz I figured I'd be the starter my sophomore year

I've decided I'm going to quit reading these boards because I really enjoy the game. Yes, there are flaws but all of these people that aren't buying the game or "selling it back" because of "safety deep coverage" and stuff like that are really missing out and all the bitching and bellyaching just take away from an overall good game experience. Guess what DB's cover great when they're in man coverage- but somtimes get burned. They get beat on streak routes in zone. From an ex-player and High school coach, it feels about right to me.

Last edited by KellBobMD; 07-12-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBobMD
THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

I've been playing RTG exclusively (usually crank out a RTG career or two while I wait for the named rosters prior to starting my dynasty). People want realism and (in that video link) complain when their True Freshman QB gets demoted at Stanford after throwing INT's in practice. I did the same thing with my QB (playing on AA)- went in as the starter and sucked it up in practice (if you're trying to throw bombs to the endzone every play you WILL get picked.. a lot!!) and guess what- rode the pine for the first game. Won the starters role back week #2. True freshman QB starting week #2 and am now "Hometown Legend" status by the 8th game of Freshman year having already tied school record for passing TD's and yardage. (really??)

This mode is NOT broken and they tried to make it more difficult, which it is. I'm glad they made it more difficult and actually wish it was a little harder to work your way into the starters role- at least at big-time programs. A few years ago I supplanted Christian Ponder who was ~95 ovr, 3 year Sr. starter and future 1st round draft pick- with my true freshman QB by the 3rd game of the year. I went there cuz I figured I'd be the starter my sophomore year

I've decided I'm going to quit reading these boards because I really enjoy the game. Yes, there are flaws but all of these people that aren't buying the game or "selling it back" because of "safety deep coverage" and stuff like that are really missing out and all the bitching and bellyaching just take away from an overall good game experience. Guess what DB's cover great when they're in man coverage- but somtimes get burned. They get beat on streak routes in zone. From an ex-player and High school coach, it feels about right to me.
Create a RB and I GUARANTEE you'll see why people say it's broken. You get a point every four yards and 12 for a TD. So if I rush for 100 yards and a TD in a game but have two runs for -1 yard (-20 a piece), my "coach trust" points would be -3 for the game. Does that make sense?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Yea you get 25 points for a TD and 5 for a 1st down(11 if you count yards). But, you get -20 for a sack and -100 for a INT. Really hard to get more Coach Trust if I make a mistake. I lost the starting job after a good game against a ranked team, after I thrown one INT late.
What I dont understand is that it is still VERY EASY to win the Position Battle, but difficult to do a practice. And you still can progess EXTREMELY fast. I rather them make it tougher to get the XP opposed to Coach Trust. I shouldnt be able to get to 90-99 in 1st season if I am not playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #22
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

On top of all that the play selection still sucks. I just lost a game on my WR that I just lost because of it. We get the ball back down 20-17 with 0:29 left. First play, HB draw... Second play, HD Draw... Third play, Corner Strike... At this point we were in range for a possible Hail Mary attempt with 0:02. Now my guy is a 6'4 speed receiver and I specialize in deep ball, I've gone up and gotten plenty of them. The play selection screen comes up.. Guess what play? HB ****ing Draw. I was so pissed I just hit skip play and took the loss. I can't even take it anymore. RTG this year kinda sucks.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
On top of all that the play selection still sucks. I just lost a game on my WR that I just lost because of it. We get the ball back down 20-17 with 0:29 left. First play, HB draw... Second play, HD Draw... Third play, Corner Strike... At this point we were in range for a possible Hail Mary attempt with 0:02. Now my guy is a 6'4 speed receiver and I specialize in deep ball, I've gone up and gotten plenty of them. The play selection screen comes up.. Guess what play? HB ****ing Draw. I was so pissed I just hit skip play and took the loss. I can't even take it anymore. RTG this year kinda sucks.
Playcalling still sucks. And with it being VERY HARD to boost Coach Trust. It will take a very long time to have the ability to change plays. I lose quite a few games today because of the horrible play calling. I just lost a game with my RB because all we had to do is keep running the ball with just over 2 mins left to run the clock out. But, we had 2 incomplete pass plays(1 sack) and loss the game. It is very easy to lose your job. I am not responsible if my OL doesnt block their guy.

I am a big BAP/MP guy, but I cant play RTG this year. It is too frustrating. I was playing it just till Rosters came out because they still havent gotten custom quarters. But, there is so much needed to be fixed in this mode to play even if they had custom quarter lengths. They focused too much on the Heisman mode fluff. There are also gameplay issues that force me not to play. I mainly did RTG this year(outside of waiting for rosters) because even though you cant import over Madden, I was going to recreate my players in CCM. But, I cant get pass a few games without getting pissed. I will still recreate them in CCM, but I dont think I am gonna continue RTG.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #24
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpquick6
Create a RB and I GUARANTEE you'll see why people say it's broken. You get a point every four yards and 12 for a TD. So if I rush for 100 yards and a TD in a game but have two runs for -1 yard (-20 a piece), my "coach trust" points would be -3 for the game. Does that make sense?
I have a running back. 2nd year at UGA and starting. Yes, it is EXTREMELY hard, but why would I want it cheesy easy? Sometimes you'll get blown up, yes, you'll get docked 10 points. But ****, once you're going against the scout defense it is not as hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »