Home

Finding Gem QB's

This is a discussion on Finding Gem QB's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finding Gem QB's

Does anyone have any great tips on finding those QB gems? I'm playing as UTSA and I've scouted around 10 QB's this season and none of them have the arm strength or accuracy that I am looking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Finding Gem QB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
Does anyone have any great tips on finding those QB gems? I'm playing as UTSA and I've scouted around 10 QB's this season and none of them have the arm strength or accuracy that I am looking for.
A lot of the ATH turn out to be awesome QBs and DBs. I have probably 7-8 on my team that can play QB. I scouted a 69 and he came out 79 overall.

But my QBs have mostly been the ATH variety. I get the fastest I can find and live with the power/accuracy. Of those I have, all but 1 or 2 is under 90 speed, and that's like 88-89.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks I haven't looked there. What are there power and accuracy numbers look like and what caliber are they usually 3, 2 or 1 stars?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

wen you see a ath with the throwing power and accuracy around b get them.they aint that hard to recruit nor find lol...i have 4 quarterbacks with speed of 93+ and one with a 86 ...all of them have throwing accuracy that are past 85 three have 90+ lol but be warned if you try to practice with your team your qb will always scramble outta the pocket

but make sure you put accuracy before power..most of them are 3 or 4 stars and also they all be gems most likely i recruited about 15 outta those 13 have be gems unscouted(lucky me)
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominique314
but make sure you put accuracy before power
I disagree with this. Most QBs will gain 3-4 THA every year but they won't gain more than 1 THP. Because of this as a QB progresses his lower ACC can be made up while his lower THP can't.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I disagree with this. Most QBs will gain 3-4 THA every year but they won't gain more than 1 THP. Because of this as a QB progresses his lower ACC can be made up while his lower THP can't.
Can't believe I am agreeing with a Michigan fan

But yes, a lack of THP can be much harder to overcome than THA. Keep in mind that THP's criticality is partly dependent on your style of offense. If you like to dink and dunk, it is less of a problem than if you like to stretch the field.

...and by the way, I agree also with Dominique in that Athletes are a good place to go to find QBs (particularly good runners).
Old 10-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
well if your a 1/2 star school you can get a qb who can start right away 9/10 times who can also run n throw .....n there so easy to recruit in a online dynasty cuz theres so many .but yea,they right about the thp part ath qbs usually dont cut it in that deparment lol but they can still throw it about 55 yards which is good enough for me(thp of atleast 80)
Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
The reason none of the QBs you're looking at have the power or accuracy you want is because you are UTSA. You're not going to have much luck getting a superstar recruit when you are at a 1-star school. Even the gems you might find would likely be unobtainable if they had desirable attributes. You could scout some 5-star QBs to see better stats but they're not going to sign with you. Even gems usually have a surprising amount of competition, because other schools can scout them too.

There's a reason that it's difficult to play as a low-ranked school. QBs with 85+ THP and THA don't just fall into your lap. If you want to recruit better players, you need to go to a better school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »