Home

Play recognition = CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Play recognition = CPU cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Play recognition = CPU cheating

I have the opposite issue, I can see the read and react working beautifully, try working in pump fakes (L1), throw right after the cut, or when the CB has to stop back pedalling and has to turn to cover the receiver, the longer you read a defense the longer they have to read you.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #10
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking023

RECRUITING is getting a little out of hand, EA. I enjoy that part of the game so that I control the players that come to my dynasty, however it takes far too much time, particularly when there is a bye. Recruiting has improved in 13, but it needs to be speedier.
I agree with everything you said except this. If it's too time consuming for you then you can still quick-call. Recruiting is one of the things I get very into in my dynastys and if anything they should make it more in-depth. Great post though.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I have the opposite issue, I can see the read and react working beautifully, try working in pump fakes (L1), throw right after the cut, or when the CB has to stop back pedalling and has to turn to cover the receiver, the longer you read a defense the longer they have to read you.
I found pump fakes work great especially the receiver specific fakes. Fake it to the TE cutting across and then throw the deep post. When you pump fake to the TE you will see the DB either completely stop or stutter long enough to get separation for your WR.
Just watch out for the blitz. While the pump fake works well, you could end up on your butt before getting the throw off.
Play-action works well also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

The only issues I have are with the LB's busting threw holes on run plays. This happens on AA, but even more so on Heisman.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
you mean like in real life??? NO WAY! haha
Old 08-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer52
Spot on with the coverage and recruiting issue. I spend more time recruiting than playing the game.
Recruiting is the best part of this game. I love it. And I love how you have to spend time finding gems. That is part of college football. If you don't like it, let the CPU recruit for you.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Recruiting is almost the best it's ever been on any game including 2k.. A few more things like talkin to fr,so, and jr.. More scouting like asking for game tapes and such ad recruiting would be bomb!! As far as gameplay the psychic defense is nothing like last year! I remember audibling from a pass to a run on las years version and the defense would audible to show blitz Every time.. I will agree that defensive back ai needs work but this game is by far the closest ea has came to making beast football for nex gen. However the 11 game schedule is annoying in dynasty as well.. But hey still the most fun I have ever had on nex gen..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Funny on how mixed the responses have been to this post.

I'd have to go with those who disagree. Passing has been too easy and I have been doing everything that I can to make it more difficult. Almost every pass play that I run, I have at least 3 receivers to check down to, and know how to read the defense to know where to look for an open receiver. You asked for tips so I'm doing my best to give you a visual of what I do. When my O lines up I bring up the play art and check out the defense, and pick my top few routes to watch and try to keep others in the back of my head in case I need them. I also establish a couple of routes that will work if there is a blitz, so that I can get rid of the ball quickly and safely. I never look at any single receiver when I snap the ball. I look in the middle of the field to where I can see the first step everyone is taking, which tells me whether they are blitzing, manned up or in zone, and that tells me where I can expect to see an open receiver, and I make quick check downs when it doesn't appear that a receiver will get open. Not sure if this helps you, but it helps a ton to have the multiple check downs on every play, and learn how to read where the open receiver will likely be by the first step of the defense.

I also disagree with the recruiting as that is truly my favorite part of the game. I swear that I play this game for the offseason, and then for the first few games that I have with my team, to see what new players are like. The thing that I wish that they would change is how they currently give true rankings after scouting players. I think that recruits should first start with A, B, C, and D ratings, and then after you scout them show an up or down arrow, or make changes from A to A+ or something similar to that as you still don't know exactly what you get when you scout a players, plus it keeps some suspense to seeing how good your recruits actually are after you are done with recruiting for the offseason, and can finally take a first look at your depth chart for the next season. It is not like you should really know exactly what you are getting out of a recruit until fall camp starts.

Last edited by montesixpac; 08-06-2012 at 02:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »