Home

Stagnant/Stale Playcalling?

This is a discussion on Stagnant/Stale Playcalling? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Stagnant/Stale Playcalling?

Does this happen to anybody else? Do you find yourself with team's playbook starting off hot on offense early only to see production seriously regress as the season rolls along. Seems to happen to me a lot in my dynasties. I have start with a new squad, I'm trying out new plays, I'm mixing up my play calls, then I get stuck in the rut of calling the same plays over and over again as and these once successful plays start to be less effective because I'm leaning on them too much in games.

What do you do to keeps things fresh or make sure you don't fall into that rut? I usually end up changing my playbook in season or each year when I start to notice this happening. I was wondering what everyone else does because I actually found a playbook I like this year, Oregon's, and I don't really want to change this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Rookie

bigjay302's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Stagnant/Stale Playcalling?

Yeah, this happens to me a lot. I'll come out on the first drive and already know what i'm going to call. I change my playbook every game and never repeat until the next season. It makes it a little frantic at first but it keeps it changing too.
PGA 2K21
https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbook...=operasport-20
HILARIOUS BLOG
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigjay302
Old 08-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

What I usually end up doing is choosing my playbook in accordance with my recruiting class: I usually start a dynasty with a spread-style team (more often than not, MTSU), then I change their playbook to a pro-style, I recruit to that style the first few years (usually getting clobbered the first year because my players are not pro-style "material"), then, once I feel myself getting bored with the pro-style, I pick another style and recruit to that. Hope that gives you some ideas on how to spice up your playbook.

Right now I'm between a WCO and Spread style while I transition my beastly second string QB in.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Rookie

I always wondered if the CPM scouted me to see what plays I called the most and then set up their defense accordingly.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

If you watch, right before each game it uploads a file called "Player Tendencies" or something like that. That could be the culprit as to why the plays aren't as effective later in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Rookie

jarato's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689
If you watch, right before each game it uploads a file called "Player Tendencies" or something like that. That could be the culprit as to why the plays aren't as effective later in the season.
Wow if that's true.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarato
Wow if that's true.
It is true as far as the file being uploaded. As for what it does that is what's up for debate. Would be cool if EA elaborated on their own game mechanics.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

I would say realistically a team only calls so many plays. They do not add too many new plays during the season. Correct me if I am wrong, but if they continue to add new plays would it not be hard to learn a playbook. I try to use as many formations and plays as I can, but without fail its automatic I always some how pick around the same 20 plays every game no matter what. I am so accustomed to hitting a certain pattern on my controller it just happens. For me not to do something like that I would need to switch playbooks every game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »