Home

If EA got rid of that stupid jump the snap

This is a discussion on If EA got rid of that stupid jump the snap within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If EA got rid of that stupid jump the snap

jump the snap isnt the issue, its that stupid camera lock on defense when you're trying to jump the snap and while using the left stick it locks the camera and screw you up for the entire play.

and theres nothing in the controls that even mention LS for anything and theres no way to disable it
Old 08-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I do vary my count.

One time I'll snap it at 4, another time, I'll snap it at 17, and if I'm using Oregon, I am going quick...but I'll vary.

Thanks to the guys not being able to hear the play at home now with no huddle, there's no more rushing up and snapping right away, you have to wait 5 seconds on the playclock til they set after running in to hear you.

I messed around with a 2nd controller, and each time, I found the CPU defensive line was set to aggressive. Maybe it's defaulted to aggressive, but it's annoying as hell to see it all the time.

I just ran 74 plays with UCLA, and had 52 jumps (yes, I do keep track of it when I'm testing stuff).
Guy...we're not talking about the time on the clock, we are talking about the amount of times you use fake snaps before you actually snap the ball.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
Banned

Gator Swag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
What do you mean 85% of the time? If you don't vary your snap counts OF COURSE they are going to jump the snap, because they know it's coming. I vary between 1-2-3 counts, and I may see 1-3 jumped snaps on the 50+ offensive plays I have a game...
It doesn't matter if you change it up they always jump the snap on the 1st count....

You could hike it on 3 every play but the CPU wont start jumping the gun on the 3rd time. Its always the first regardless of what you do leading to the cpu getting lots of offsides penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Swag
It doesn't matter if you change it up they always jump the snap on the 1st count....

You could hike it on 3 every play but the CPU wont start jumping the gun on the 3rd time. Its always the first regardless of what you do leading to the cpu getting lots of offsides penalties.
Right, BUT if you vary the count they won't Jump the Snap more then a couple times a game
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

The OP is dead on.

Jump snap is stupid. No one was clamoring for this feature. Yet, the somehow Tiburon "brain trust" saw fit to add it to the series.

Get rid of it altogether or at the very least, allow users to disable it in the options menu. But then again, why would EA do something logical like that?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Varying the number of fake snaps you add in does indeed help a bit, but the feature still is pretty stupid to have in there.

If more realistic blocking/pass rush interactions were there, it really shoudln't be an issue.

For instance, if I time the snap against an online player, or a H2H player and get a running head start as a blitzing LB, I should have an advantage over the OL, not just be sucked into a block by a morphing OL. If my timing is off, and i end up offside, or with an encroachment call, then so be it. It happens often in real NCAA and NFL games.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #15
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I very rarely see jumped snaps by the CPU that actually work.

Of course, I use the "hard count" on almost every play, whether it's once or twice.. sometimes never because if you use it enough, you can snap it right away and they won't jump it.

People saying it's a stupid feature.. it happens in real life so, no, it's not stupid. It's realistic.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

Total gimmick feature that must be removed. Almost every play is a "jumped snap" or false start or offsides. Then you have to watch the ref do his little thing for an hour and a half and then finally back to the line to do it all over again.

Total arcade, gimmick feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »