Home

This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

This is a discussion on This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA place fixing the DB Glitch as their highest priority?
Absolutely - I can't play this game until it's fixed. 220 66.27%
I don't care as long as I can score easily and win. 27 8.13%
Shut up can I just have more uniforms? 85 25.60%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #505
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah - it's tough. I have spent so much time testing than playing - I'd like to say I'm going to stop testing, but I caught myself yesterday just staring at the Dbs - messing with gameplan adjustments, etc.

AGI to zero didn't seem to do anything - nor did it really impact the game, kind of strange how it feels like no difference...

As far as sliders, this is what I'm working with:

QBA - 5/20
PBL - 0/0
WRC - 45/45
RBA - 0/0
RBL - 60/60
PCV - 0/0
PRSH - 20/0
INT - 30/30
RDEF - 0/0
TAK - 35/35

My goal was to determine that RBA is not only based on how the running backs play - but also the receivers. I'm still testing, but it's promising. As far as the DB glitch goes - it doesn't help, but slow down the receivers a tad. The problem is the dbs "glitch" out so bad with their wind-sprints, that it doesn't really matter, except for the occasional help over the top (or underthrow) - so not every one is a TD, but very well could be.
Just to update you on my testing:

played 2 games so far

Points of note

1)Coverage seems better, I think I saw glitch total 3 times, but the glitch did not matter. In second game I needed a TD on final play of regulation from 45 yards out to prevent OT. I did not call hail mary pass. My memories of ncaa 12 and how over successful it was will not allow me in good conscience do so. I called a pass play with 2 receivers running streaks, both men were well covered, press coverage, and play was incomplete.

2)Run game seems more fluid, real for both sides. Even the option plays feel better.

Also, I have stated this before in PM or maybe another thread as well, but the QB for both teams does not look where he is going to throw until he throws. Usually the QB is looking to his left or left center. I was thinking that maybe the glitch was caused by that. The DBs are reacting to where the QB looks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #506
MVP

In my last game as AFA I saw the glitch with my defense. The DB was on the left side, by sideline, in end zone and the qb was looking left center/center of the field not at the receiver he threw to. The DB made a break for the other side of the field like he was reacting to where the QB was looking. This left the WR all alone on the side where the DB left from. Really quickly after the DB made the break the QB looked left and threw. The other thing I noticed on the play was the cpu qb threw the pass like the guy was still being covered. I mean the position of the pass, where the receiver needed to be, and what the receiver needed to do were all like he was still being covered. If the defender was still there covering the guy, I am not saying he would have made the play. I am just saying the pass was thrown like he was still being covered really well.

This probably was the first play where I saw a guy completely uncovered by glitch using these sliders quoted previously.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #507
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
In my last game as AFA I saw the glitch with my defense. The DB was on the left side, by sideline, in end zone and the qb was looking left center/center of the field not at the receiver he threw to. The DB made a break for the other side of the field like he was reacting to where the QB was looking. This left the WR all alone on the side where the DB left from. Really quickly after the DB made the break the QB looked left and threw. The other thing I noticed on the play was the cpu qb threw the pass like the guy was still being covered. I mean the position of the pass, where the receiver needed to be, and what the receiver needed to do were all like he was still being covered. If the defender was still there covering the guy, I am not saying he would have made the play. I am just saying the pass was thrown like he was still being covered really well.

This probably was the first play where I saw a guy completely uncovered by glitch using these sliders quoted previously.
Interesting, it makes me wonder what sliders you've been rolling with, BC. Seems that you never experienced to the degree I have in some cases? I think PCV is reversed - but I'm not in the belief it should have a value of 0 (maybe 20-30).

With that said, I like your assessment/theory about the QB vision. This is why I thought elusiveness (I see you sooner) might have been a clue to the progressive reading the QB does.

As I had pmd to you - the following animation occured when I placed Elusiveness @ zero for all players

Who knows though. There are many other values we can look at. AGI editing didn't seem to make a difference, neither did elusiveness (eventually. I had changed ZCV to 0 and 99 - with no difference. Play Recognition is effective and at 0 resulted in a lot more open passing (hardly any misses, wide open receivers, etc) - I did not test @ 99 (max).

What else...I also changed Spin Move/Juke Move to zero (not tested 99) and that didn't work - didn't seem to make a difference either.

The damn aggressive gameplan adjustment - it's the source of this issue. I just know it. I thought if I had balanced and put my own zone to aggressive in the gameplan - that it would "cancel out" the db glitch. No such luck. Maybe it's something to do with the offensive gameplan that needs to be adjusted for both teams, I'm not sure.

There just seems to be a lot more that I can edit - endless almost. I'm able to do all these tests so quickly because I play on my computer screen, so editing is quick.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #508
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Interesting, it makes me wonder what sliders you've been rolling with, BC. Seems that you never experienced to the degree I have in some cases? I think PCV is reversed - but I'm not in the belief it should have a value of 0 (maybe 20-30).

With that said, I like your assessment/theory about the QB vision. This is why I thought elusiveness (I see you sooner) might have been a clue to the progressive reading the QB does.

As I had pmd to you - the following animation occured when I placed Elusiveness @ zero for all players

Who knows though. There are many other values we can look at. AGI editing didn't seem to make a difference, neither did elusiveness (eventually. I had changed ZCV to 0 and 99 - with no difference. Play Recognition is effective and at 0 resulted in a lot more open passing (hardly any misses, wide open receivers, etc) - I did not test @ 99 (max).

What else...I also changed Spin Move/Juke Move to zero (not tested 99) and that didn't work - didn't seem to make a difference either.

The damn aggressive gameplan adjustment - it's the source of this issue. I just know it. I thought if I had balanced and put my own zone to aggressive in the gameplan - that it would "cancel out" the db glitch. No such luck. Maybe it's something to do with the offensive gameplan that needs to be adjusted for both teams, I'm not sure.

There just seems to be a lot more that I can edit - endless almost. I'm able to do all these tests so quickly because I play on my computer screen, so editing is quick.
Sliders currently using are the ones you asked me to test. Sliders prior were a variation of your 4.0 sliders, I asked you to check those a while ago, which you did check for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by bcduggan; 01-09-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #509
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
Sliders currently using are the ones you asked me to test. Sliders prior were a variation of your 4.0 sliders, I asked you to check those a while ago, which you did check for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
You're right, I forgot. Like I said in pm - i'll resurrect the old thread to show these ones posted.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #510
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Hey Matt...test this out for me if you have time and see what type of results you get...

Pass Coverage Slider- 0

Using the editor...

Coach Defense Strategy- 15

Pass Defense Strategy- 90
Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #511
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Hey Matt...test this out for me if you have time and see what type of results you get...

Pass Coverage Slider- 0

Using the editor...

Coach Defense Strategy- 15

Pass Defense Strategy- 90
You know I will. I get home in 30 mins

What's your theory - pm if needed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #512
Banned

OVR: 0

finally got around to setting up custom conferences with the editor, one play now game no problems, started dynasty played couple possessions no problems so far

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »