Home

God Mode

This is a discussion on God Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
God Mode

I just decided to make a rant because this game is just ridiculous. I'm used to god mode and everything and I've always played through it. But I just came upon the weakest team on my schedule which was 1-6 SJSU. I had a 66-31 lead at the start of the 4th quarter. You'd think I'd be safe right? Nope. Starting with 3 minutes left San Jose State scored a touchdown. They proceeded to recover 4 straight onside kicks and score on all of them within 30 seconds each. Luckily, I managed a 56 yard field goal as time expired to pull off the victory.

Have any of you experienced anything similar to this before? Might I also add that SJSU managed to break 6 tackles on one reception to score a touchdown. My strategy sliders were all on balanced.

Edit:
Anyway I have no proof this happened besides a box score, getting a highlight wasn't the first thing on my mind after the game. However, I did make a highlight of one ridiculous play in another game. My aggressive setting for strip ball was on during the highlight I'm about to post. I forgot to turn it off, I was trying hard to tie the game and had just finished a comeback. The whole play doesn't show, but 9 tackles were broken this play...

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...ideo/137004193

Last edited by N.C.State; 09-28-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: God Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.State
I just decided to make a rant because this game is just ridiculous. I'm used to god mode and everything and I've always played through it. But I just came upon the weakest team on my schedule which was 1-6 SJSU. I had a 66-31 lead at the start of the 4th quarter. You'd think I'd be safe right? Nope. Starting with 3 minutes left San Jose State scored a touchdown. They proceeded to recover 4 straight onside kicks and score on all of them within 30 seconds each. Luckily, I managed a 56 yard field goal as time expired to pull off the victory.

Have any of you experienced anything similar to this before? Might I also add that SJSU managed to break 6 tackles on one reception to score a touchdown. My strategy sliders were all on balanced.
Nope. Never happened to me before. I also honestly think that SJSU didn't break 6 tackles on a single reception. One final thing. It's San Jose State. Play better D. Unless your Umass or something.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy_Bronco
Nope. Never happened to me before. I also honestly think that SJSU didn't break 6 tackles on a single reception. One final thing. It's San Jose State. Play better D. Unless your Umass or something.

I appreciate the suggestion. I'm glad to hear that you have been more fortunate in your playing experiences. I'm on my 3rd season and play as a teambuilder team that has a 73 overall defense.

Last edited by N.C.State; 09-28-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

hey man, I know where youre coming from... Rubberband AI is what it is called and it has been a fairly common feature (although not officially aknowledged as a 'feature' for a while in NCAA Football games) Im not sure how old you are or how far your gaming knowledge extends, but it was used a lot in the old arcade NFL blitz games.

The biggest reason I have a hard time getting into this game is because of this Rubber-band AI. If i build an unbeatable Juggernaut several years into a dynasty, let me go undefeated fair and square, I earned it! but I hope it will be out by next year since the game is not so predetermined with the infinity engine I hope
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Rookie

I realize it's been in the ncaa football series the past few years. I think what makes it more frustrating this year is the controls sometimes don't work for swatting and intercepting. I play this game quite a bit and have experienced quite a few BS moments, but I've never seen anything like this. I realize some people may not believe my post. I felt obliged to make this post because of how crazy it was.

Last edited by N.C.State; 09-28-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
Just started!

NolesDynasty's Arena

OVR: 0

Nope, can't really say this has ever happened to me.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I remember this happening on the PS1 and gettong into 56-49 shootouts all the time, but honestly havent seen this in years.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

God mode just happened to me was up 35- 13 at half... Houston went ham on me and won.. >.< I was TCU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »