Home

Why Brad Nessler?

This is a discussion on Why Brad Nessler? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Why Brad Nessler?

Brad Nessler, does he even call ncaa football games in real life? Why not Brent Musburger (who I dislike), he is the one in the booth with Herbstreit. I hope next gen they change the game to ESPN College Gameday 2015, and have gameday crew be the center of presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why Brad Nessler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
Brad Nessler, does he even call ncaa football games in real life? Why not Brent Musburger (who I dislike), he is the one in the booth with Herbstreit. I hope next gen they change the game to ESPN College Gameday 2015, and have gameday crew be the center of presentation.
I'd say 1) $$$ Might be cheaper to get Brad. 2) Brent might not want to put in the hours or simply has no desire to do it. It could be the case that they have offered other guys, but they simply don't want to commit to it.

Personally I wish they had two main crews, with non televised, poor matchup local games being handled by the stadium pa guy as was done in the past. The A crew could be for big, nationally relevant games. You would only get them if you were in a top conference championship, top 25 matchup, BCS game, or similar big time game. The B team would cover lower tier conference matchups, games featuring top twenty five teams taking on fcs teams or unranked terrible teams, or Thursday Night games.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
Because Brent is still oogling over Alabama QB's hottie g/f
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
You mean all the money EA makes they can't get more than 2 people that they have used over an over?

No way lol
Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I vote for gus johnson lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCHeelsftball2011
I vote for gus johnson lol
Never seen a guy so excited that I gained 2 yards
Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I remember reading from other places that Nessler and EA Tiburon have a great working relationship. He certainly comes across well in the game speaking from a voice acting perspective, even if we are familiar with the majority of his lines.

If Tiburon were to replace him, I wouldn't object, as it would help freshen up the game. However, I would hope that whomever replaced him is as lively and frankly good at the voice acting gig as Nessler has proven to be. The sort of thing he does for NCAA can be screwed up easily (see the voice acting for Michael Cole in the WWE games; he doesn't deliver energy in his lines and he's part of the reason the commentary in that series falls so flat).
Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

To add a new commentator would be to start from scratch with commentary. EA obviously isn't ready to do that. They wanna continue using the lines from years and years ago.

Hopefully next gen will bring about the overhaul.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »