Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

Most Important Addition: Rotating Conference Schedules - Michigan not being able to play PSU or Wisconsin is just wrong.

Secondary Addition: Have an option for analog kicking (i.e., similar to the swing in Tiger Woods) so that kicking FGs is more difficult (and more realistic)
Old 02-03-2004, 03:27 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 1

How about a meter for long snaps on punts and field goals so we have to concentrate on these otherwise boring plays. This could lead to high snaps that would increase the chance of blocks. Two player games could be affected positively by this. How about new players not having total access to the playbook at the beginning of the year. This could add to roster management and make you play players that are not just the higest ranked. I would imagine graying out certain plays as you pick a play if you have a new quarterback playing. As the season goes along more plays would be available as he "learns" the playbook. This could be in conjunction with a week long practice report which would let you know who is learning/improving the most.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:08 PM   #115
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

WOW! honestly, that is an excellent idea having a meter that judges if the snap is short or over the punters head. I mean, it shouldnt be near impossible to make the snap but just enough of a challenge that there is a possiblity that if you screw up, you have the ability to make the mistakes. Hopefully they will have the option to block more punts/field goals AND SNOW!!! I dont know how many times it was really cold outside late in the season and there was no snow. Also, Im sure they will do this but more options for Sports Illustrated with more headlines(granted i dont think I ever had the same caption twice...kudos to EA for doing this when they easily couldve slacked off and just had like 20 captions.)

Another thing, make the bands 3d like the cheerleaders, and maybe ever a halftime show with the Flag girls. Just little things that make this game great!! Bar none, this is the best game ever IMO and no matter what they do, I will always buy this game the day it comes out. THANKS EA!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2004, 11:10 AM   #116
Pro

OVR: 14

As a coach I would love to see this feature added in dynasty mode. Have a goal sheet that you can add yearly goals for offense and defense. Goals such as turnovers per game, passing and rushing yards, 3rd down conversion etc. You could also do this for the year. This could be done per game and per year. This could be tied to your contract. If this feature has alreay been discussed I apologize.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:47 PM   #117
Rookie

Correct the rotating schedules problem! I never get to play Oklahoma in my Nebraska dynasty.
Add a Sim Quarter Length like in March Madness.
Fix the crowd reactions--they don't go crazy after the home team scores.
Make recruiting year-round and include official visits during the season. Make it harder to recruit and have fewer five star recruits.

Here is an idea I have for recruiting: Have a cut scene (like in NBA Live) for when the top recruits make their pledges. The cut scene would show the recruit pull out the cap of the college he chooses and put it on. These pledges could occur after each week of the year and I think they would make the recruiting more exciting.

They should also include a high school All-american game for the best players, showing where they are committed to. There should also be de-commits and you should be able to pursue verbal commits and you should still have to talk to your verbal commits so that they don't de-commit.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:25 AM   #118
All Star

OVR: 17

a Pre-season scrimmage game to see your new players and have something to go buy when setting a depth chart before the "real" games start. I know nc state has the annual red/white game. Other schools have similar scrimmages.

verbal and written commits. If a player has verbaly committed then you can still spend a few points to try to get him to change his mind(however more than likely he won't but every now and again you might be able to wrestle one away from someone like NCSU did AJ Davis).

Realistic freshmen, frosh shouldn't come and domminate and take over starting spots from upperclassmen that have started the season before. They should on the most part come in small, and i happen to believe there are way too many freshmen with blazing speed. 90 and above speed should be a rarity, maybe a couple guys on a really really good team should have 90+ speed, and 98/99 speed should be pocessed by only a handful of players in the nation at a given time.

Stated earlier but I really think EA should look into QB acc and pwr ratings and correlate that to the passing game. If a qb's acc is low instead of passes bouncing off hands of wr's they should be thrown way too short, way too long, behind the reciever, etc. dont compensate by making the wr drop the ball. Also SoMiss made a good point about qb pwr and how it should affect the velocity of the ball as well as the distance, that was an excellent point.

offensive players cut to well, period. Only a certain few should be able to cut on a dime and accelerate back to full speed(a la peter warrick). Not like a 3rd string TE on an avg team.

Tons of new commentary, this material was good 2 years ago, but teh commentary got repetive after a couple days this year. I know they have some new terms but overall the same play by play and analysis.

penalty for playing players with low awareness, like db's or lb's getting lost and blowing assignments in zone coverage or WR's running wrong routes. Make this the penalty for playing players too early.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:43 PM   #119
Rookie

- Have throwing power and accuracy really degrade at the lower levels. If its low enough, the guy is in danger of throwing a WOUNDED DUCK pass. A real flutter ball that is super easy to defend. I think this would help deter people from putting their 99 spd CB in at QB. This way you know he's gonna only run, cuz it would be suicide to actually throw one with that guy.

- Have hot and cold streaks

- Have a mid-week practice, where you could have guys no-show. You could also give some extra snaps to the back up QB because the starter is stinking up the joint. That way, if you need to pull the starter, the backup would be ready.

- Have an academic standard for your school. A minimum GPA to be accepted. Maybe if you REALLY want the guy, you can call in a favor from your AD (if you're doing well) and sneak the player in, which would cost you more points (it takes time to beg the AD).

- The thing about your second string players has already been mentioned.

Works over, I'll think of more later.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:17 PM   #120
Rookie

triplela's Arena

OVR: 3

One main request: PC VERSION!!! Come on EA! We've been asking for a PC Version! Or at least give us draft classes we can import to Madden on PC.

One other request. Bring back the option to have a playoff instead of the bowl system. The original playstation version had this, but EA has removed it. Bring it back!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »