Home

List of Trick Plays?

This is a discussion on List of Trick Plays? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #17
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: List of Trick Plays?

How do you run the play Fight Song? I've only tried it like 3 times, and I never know what to do.

Also, that South Carolina formation used to be called Emory & Henry.

Lastly, although it would add to the realism, I hope they don't add LSU's Zone Toss. I hate that play so much.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

First of all, no trick plays in the game work. At all. Period. The HB pass doesn't work since the HB gets the ball almost past the line of scrimmage and the playside tackle doesn't block. Fight song doesn't work because, again, there is little blocking. Emory/Henry and Monster work occasionally but the screen play does not time right. Statue doesn't work either. Wildcat doesn't work most of the time, the only play that works is the jet sweep if you have perimeter blocking. On power and counter, there is a D-lineman being read when he shouldn't be and those plays never work. The sweep qb throwback doesn't work because the qb doesn't watch for the pass.
Second, here are the plays you have been talking about:

The actual "Fight Song" trick play has been used by both Boise State and Oklahoma State against Toledo and Purdue respectively. This needs to be adjusted.

Oregon does run what is called the Zone key where an inside/outside zone (read optional) is combined with a screen, either smoke or bubble. Arizona State ran the zone key offense with a HB going in motion out of the gun split slot formation when their offensive coordinator was Noel Mazzone, who is now at UCLA. Baylor does something similar but will have all receivers run the same quick route with a running play.

Oklahoma State, Houston and West Virginia all run package plays where there is a run called, a smoke screen on the strong side and the backside receiver will run an isolation route (out, slant, fade, etc.). They also originated the pistol full house formation under Dana Holgorsen and run a lead inside zone with a playside slant and backside fade with their isolated receivers. They also use the package play concept with what is called the stick draw in trips, where the O-line will run draw blocking, the backside receiver will run a slant and the trips side runs a stick combination. The qb will read the OLB on the trips side and make his decision on where the ball will go.

Boise State and Texas (thanks to Bryan Harsin) use the fly sweep under center with an inside zone fake to the HB and the other way around. It's in the game but not really how it's done. On Similar lines, the end around in this game isn't great, because there isn't really a fake handoff to the HB and then the handoff to the WR.

Gus Malzahn has incorporated this concept in both the shotgun and pistol while at Tulsa, Arkansas, Auburn, and Arkansas State.

Both Oklahoma State and West Virginia run the jet shovel and incorporate it in their inside and outside zone running game. They run the jet shovel, the jet inside zone, the play action, and screens and passes off the same look.

If ANYTHING, just improve the basic parts of the playbooks. There are plenty of flaws already. Focus on the basics, and then go to the gadget plays.... Or just create the option to create plays and please everyone.

But we both know that won't happen.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
Rookie

They added the inverted veer in NCAA 14 apparently. They also added the midline and shovel option
Old 06-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #20
Just started!

I wouldn't mind having the Sweep QB Screen play from the Shotgun Y-Trips formation.I had gotten some pretty good yardage out of that play in the past NCAA games
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #21
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

Disappointed wvu's signature touch pass wasn't in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #22
Rookie

Already Platinum's Arena

There use to be a shotgun formation where there was a option to sub a Wr at HB i forget the name but i use to use it with percy harvin a few games back
Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 AM   #23
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Is this play in NCAA 14 at all? If so where? I don't think it's been in since NCAA 08. The closest thing I can find to it is the Jet Sweep Pass in Wildcat, but that isn't it. In NCAA 08, it was called WR MTN OPTN Pass in Clemson's playbook.

Here it is in NCAA 08...

Here it is in real life...

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 08-29-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Is this play in NCAA 14 at all? If so where? I don't think it's been in since NCAA 08. The closest thing I can find to it is the Jet Sweep Pass in Wildcat, but that isn't it. In NCAA 08, it was called WR MTN OPTN Pass in Clemson's playbook.

Here it is in NCAA 08...
The playbooks in NCAA 08 on last-gen were awesome. I think it had the most plays in any football game ever. WR MTN OPTN Pass was a handoff, then an option play, then a passing play after you pitched the ball. It was a really fun play to run. A lot of plays in NCAA 08 last-gen were only available when you chose an actual team's playbook, plays that weren't available in custom playbook. That might have been one of them.

When you say "I don't think it's been in since NCAA 08", lets be clear that you are talking about NCAA 08 PS2/OGXbox. They had some of the best plays in that game, trick plays, and so many features that never made it to "current-gen". Problem with NCAA 08 was that they were so busy making a new game for Xbox 360, that they left in some bugs in the PS2 / OGXbox version of NCAA 08.

With all the patches that come out on current-gen, there's a game that needs a patch : NCAA 08 for PS2 or OG Xbox. The game was dynamic and the graphics were amazing. It was so weird that they stopped improving off that game. It was as if NCAA games finally reached its peak, we finally had an amazing amount of realistic plays, great controls, everything you need in a col football game, NCAA 08 was so close to perfection but they just left a few bugs in there, then stopping making NCAA for the 1st Xbox when they were mere inches from football gaming bliss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »