Home

Neutral Site Games Ideas

This is a discussion on Neutral Site Games Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #81
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Neutral Site Games Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff George
It's called "Chicago Homecoming," because an enormous chunk of Illinois alumni live in the Chicago area.

Kind of like Arkansas playing games in Little Rock.
My bad, I hadn't caught the "Chicago Homecoming" part. Still, it'd be more like Arkansas playing a "homecoming" game in Little Rock, nearly 3 hours from campus, which at least they haven't done. The word "homecoming" does kind of imply going back to your alma mater; that's the ironic part.

I understand playing games off campus to make it more convenient for a large chunk of the fan base to attend. That's part of the reason (along with recruiting Texas) for starting the A&M series in Dallas -- huge Razorback fan base there. At least we don't advertise it as "Dallas Homecoming". (Well, actually Arlington Homecoming.)

Last edited by Razorback73; 06-21-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #82
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback73
My bad, I hadn't caught the "Chicago Homecoming" part. Still, it'd be more like Arkansas playing a "homecoming" game in Little Rock, nearly 3 hours from campus, which at least they haven't done. The word "homecoming" does kind of imply going back to your alma mater; that's the ironic part.

I understand playing games off campus to make it more convenient for a large chunk of the fan base to attend. That's part of the reason (along with recruiting Texas) for starting the A&M series in Dallas -- huge Razorback fan base there. At least we don't advertise it as "Dallas Homecoming". (Well, actually Arlington Homecoming.)
I think they'd prefer if you called it "North Texas Homecoming."

Speaking of North Texas, I think SMU playing TCU or either of them playing UNT at either the Cotton Bowl or JerryWorld would work. Much like Houston playing Rice at Reliant.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #83
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

OKAY... Just listened to the interview with Ben. He confirmed that we can use ANY stadium including bowls to set up a neutral site game in dynasty. Now... I am just hoping that we can do the same thing in Play Now and that the field art will actually look like a neutral site game and not a bowl game. Only one way to find out. (Is it July 9 yet?)
Old 06-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #84
Rookie

Quillen32's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
You know whats interesting, I was just going to post how that would never happen because it would be an unfair advantage for Georgia. For some reason I always thought Athens was much closer to Atlanta than Gainesville to Jacksonville.
I looked it up before I posted. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fear
That's nice and all but you can only change your games.
The way that Ben made it sound was as if we can change schedules for anyone before the season when we mess with custom conferences. I'm not making half of those changes, just giving the rest of the community some ideas for their team. Also, please don't assume I'm ripping you after this long post. I'm all for the betterment of the community.

With that being said,
Old 06-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #85
Rookie

I wasn't thinking anything like that Quillen. I think Ben was just saying it was user games. He didn't really say it exactly but I am pretty sure it will be that way. We have never been able to change the cpu scheduled games is where I am coming from on this. In online dynasty I am sure the commish could change user games to neutral fields so there is that at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #86
Rookie

Quillen32's Arena

Quote:
I wasn't thinking anything like that Quillen. I think Ben was just saying it was user games. He didn't really say it exactly but I am pretty sure it will be that way. We have never been able to change the cpu scheduled games is where I am coming from on this. In online dynasty I am sure the commish could change user games to neutral fields so there is that at least.
I completely understand. I think my hope for being able to change any game messed with what I heard. I wish Ben wouldn't tiptoe around things and come out and say what we can and can't do! haha
Old 06-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quillen32
I completely understand. I think my hope for being able to change any game messed with what I heard. I wish Ben wouldn't tiptoe around things and come out and say what we can and can't do! haha
It will be nasty around these parts if what I think is true. Everyone is thinking oh I can change this game,that game. I am hoping I am so wrong on this. Ben didn't do himself any favors either when he said he couldn't recall saying"Equipment guys will be happy this year". It is funny because I remember him saying it.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #88
Rookie

Quillen32's Arena

Quote:
It will be nasty around these parts if what I think is true. Everyone is thinking oh I can change this game,that game. I am hoping I am so wrong on this. Ben didn't do himself any favors either when he said he couldn't recall saying"Equipment guys will be happy this year". It is funny because I remember him saying it.
I remember him saying it as well, I think it was one of the first pieces of info about '14. I will be okay with just changing my schedule. I won't be happy about it at first, but I'll be fine after a week. I'm just glad that he did come out and say we could change the local of conference games. I hope the workaround to control multiple teams in '13, is in. If so, we could change multiple teams schedules, but it would have to be after year 1. Not the way we want it, but I hope I can at least do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »