Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #945
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatthe313
I just ran the read option all 41 of my plays. 356 rushing yards. Things like this are what annoy me. After the 15th time, key on the run maybe? Or better yet, don't over power the read option that much?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2
Sounds like the typical Oregon game last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #946
Banned

rockytop52's Arena

OVR: 0

Late 4th Qt. Oregon vs. A&M. They continued to run No Huddle despite being up 21-0.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #947
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Read option for sure seems kinda OP at this point. Online is gonna be frustrating unless you get really good at defense.

I always control the safety and when they run a read option if the Qb keeps it then I'm the only one there to stop him. If I miss its a huge gain or TD most of the time.

So pretty much you can be a average player to run it but need to be a good player to shut it down
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #948
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo is Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The game (like any) requires slider adjustments and difficulty setting changes to find the sweet spot. I've played the demo with a wide range of slider adjustments and I've seen what you just pointed out. However, I also found that proper slider changes also got the CPU to adapt and stack the edge against the read option very nicely.
It would be great if you would share the sliders you found worked the best. Thanks !
Old 06-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #949
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
"OP"

gotta help me on this one. i know you're not talking about original post.

well, i got to dig into the game last night, man, what a blast! the IE2 really does it for me. the running game just rocks. got a good feel for some stuff i can do slider wise to kind of even the playing field for myself.

it's weird, the field going north/south seems like it looks short, but then when you get a first down, or actually move down the field, it's like the field keeps coming. don't really know what i mean by that, just something i was pondering last night.

i put my sound sliders in from '13, made 2 adjustments, turned up the volume to the appropriate level, and was pleasantly pleased.

if my excitement wasn't already high enough, it increased for the retail version after last night.

i only played madden last year, well i can probably count how many times on 1 hand. the IE really impresses me now that its in the game i play.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #950
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
gotta help me on this one. i know you're not talking about original post.

well, i got to dig into the game last night, man, what a blast! the IE2 really does it for me. the running game just rocks. got a good feel for some stuff i can do slider wise to kind of even the playing field for myself.

it's weird, the field going north/south seems like it looks short, but then when you get a first down, or actually move down the field, it's like the field keeps coming. don't really know what i mean by that, just something i was pondering last night.

i put my sound sliders in from '13, made 2 adjustments, turned up the volume to the appropriate level, and was pleasantly pleased.

if my excitement wasn't already high enough, it increased for the retail version after last night.

i only played madden last year, well i can probably count how many times on 1 hand. the IE really impresses me now that its in the game i play.
Oh no I meant "Over Powered". My bad bro
Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #951
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
I think it has more to do with people just not wanting to accept this is another minor upgraded game.

If you notice there are some guys who will actually get upset when you point out flaws that still exist with gameplay.

It's one thing to proclaim the game as the best ever on this console gen. It's another thing to blindly ignore some of the issues that still remain after several years now.

The game is definetly worth purchasing but I'm not going to pretend as if it's a totally new game when in reality very few things have changed about it.
I'm not sure why this keeps being thrown around. I've played 10+ games of the demo and I do think it's a significant upgrade. Does that make me wrong? Of course there are flaws. There's a bunch of them. But - and this is the hilarious thing for me - is that there are flaws in EVERY other sports game I'm playing right now. Yet, because this game has such a stigma (a well deserved one), some people are never going to be able to accept that this series is just not going to reach where it should have been. That's a fact. So to me, it's ironic that the very same people who hate on this game year in and year out are the same people who have the highest expectations for it.

The difference is that some of us are able to look past those flaws and enjoy a video game for what it is, while others are looking for a perfect game of football that just isn't coming this generation of consoles. I'm really sorry for those of you who can't enjoy it, I am. But there's no reason to detract from those of us who are enjoying it.

I don't see anyone "blindly ignoring issues".

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #952
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Have to say, I'm impressed with this Coordinator Cam. Hopefully it makes its way over to Madden in the near future. Will play with that as my default camera.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »