Home

Team Entrances

This is a discussion on Team Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #33
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
Yeah I'm hoping that this is something they change in Dynasty Mode. It would make sense in the scheme of an Exhibition game because there wouldn't be other games to pull footage from. But during Dynasty mode, I think it would be much smarter to use footage from prior games. FIFA is always one of my favorite games but the Pre-Game Highlights of the game I'm about to play has always irked me. I just feel like you lose the immersion of the game when you're seeing Highlights from your game in the future. I'm not really sure who at EA A.) Thought that was a good idea. and B.) Actually approved the idea.
I agree that's why I wish they would let us use our custom music and add our highlights from a previous week or multiple weeks. That way the highlights would show how our team got here, kinda like a backstory leading up to the game.

But when I'm playing in conference games I will just tell myself these are highlight from my last match up with the team I am playing.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #34
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Team Entrances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I hope your right Big. That would make it a little more tolerable. The Entrances may have been the best part of '12 and '13. I hope I don't have to watch my RB doing a spin move before every game.

I guess I am old fashioned, but players running onto the field with the fight song is a bit part of the college football tradition. Just doesn't seem right without it.
Yeah after listening to the podcast with Christian again, it seems my confusion came from the fact the he states the highlights for the halftime show with Reese and Pollack will have actually in-game highlights. Since that's the case having those highlights be used in the intro for the next game just makes sense to me. It would seem if the game is capable of saving those highlights for the halftime show and presumably end game, that they could be at least be meshed in with the next games intro.

Anyway, what do I know right, maybe that's the next step these intros take next year. Like someone else stated, they could at least allow the jersey's of the away team in these intros to be the last team the home team faced, not the one they are about to play. With people saying FIFA does the same thing, this is likely an intentional design decision, oh well.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #35
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
I'm not really sure who at EA A.) Thought that was a good idea. and B.) Actually approved the idea.
I agree. The first time I ever saw it in Fifa, I thought it was weird and dumb. But someone must have liked it as it has expanded to NBA and NCAA now.

It is head scratching because the Intro was the one of the best things '13 had going for it. It could have been streamlined a tad, but the entrance was the last thing that needed an overhaul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #36
Rookie

dawgpound 26's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I quoted all these because I think or am at least hoping that the pregame music video montage is NOT showing highlights of the actual game you are about to play. It is patterned after ESPN Saturday Night Football's intros so I think in the retail it will be highlights of games from your actual dynasty, against whoever, mixed in with team entrance montages. Like this;

Spoiler

If that's not the case and in Dynasty it's just generated highlights between the two teams about to play, I just don't know what to say, lol.
It would be awesome if the game would allow us to just upload a complete custom intro video with real life clips if you wanted to. To me that would be even better than using dynasty game clips. You could play your custom video, then cut to the announcers talking up a few key players, then kickoff.

NCAA 14 OD: UTAH STATE AGGIES
NCAA 13 OD: ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS, SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS
NCAA 12 OD: ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI, FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES, FLORIDA GATORS
XBL GT: Chalupa Battman
Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #37
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know. I'm going to really miss our hour-long entrance.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #38
Rookie

dawgpound 26's Arena

OVR: 1

I bet the majority of the people who won't like the new intros are the ones that always used a team that had a special intro in NCAA 13. The generic intros last year were about the most boring thing ever.

I think I wore out my A button last year just skipping through intros, lol.

NCAA 14 OD: UTAH STATE AGGIES
NCAA 13 OD: ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS, SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS
NCAA 12 OD: ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI, FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES, FLORIDA GATORS
XBL GT: Chalupa Battman
Old 06-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
I disagree with the ability to add custom sounds to the intros IMO that was in many ways the atmosphere in the game even if it was just for a brief moment to start the game.

The current setup is boring and silly because why on earth would anyone get pumped over videos of the same two teams simulating a play that hasn't even occurred yet????

I can already tell we are going to get 3-4 of the same opening game replay sequences where the two teams push and shove each other, rb jukes someone or de sacks the qb.

The game definetly plays well but those intros are dull as hell. I would rather they have spent the entire time just breaking down the IMPACT players for each school and kept the custom intrances intact.
I've only played three demo games and I've already seen that many. the one with the dog was my favorite.

As for the pregame montage where the two teams are playing it's just b-roll to show some action it's not like they're trying to predict the future or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgpound 26
It would be awesome if the game would allow us to just upload a complete custom intro video with real life clips if you wanted to. To me that would be even better than using dynasty game clips. You could play your custom video, then cut to the announcers talking up a few key players, then kickoff.
ooh we could have Entrance Builder like in the WWE games! Just need that, Stadium Builder, and Mascot Builder then we'll be set

Last edited by moylan1234; 06-19-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #40
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I've only played three demo games and I've already seen that many. the one with the dog was my favorite.

As for the pregame montage where the two teams are playing it's just b-roll to show some action it's not like they're trying to predict the future or anything

ooh we could have Entrance Builder like in the WWE games! Just need that, Stadium Builder, and Mascot Builder then we'll be set
I've been thinking for years that EA football games need to have a Create-A tool on par or close to the WWE games. Imagine a Create-A-Recruit that is as in-depth and detailed as the WWE game's CAW/CAS system. With the right CAR makers doing their thing, the default EA player pictures(where they look like 40 year old men) would never be an issue again. Or as you mentioned Stadium builder, Entrance Builder, heck even TB. One can dream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »