Home

How is your dynasty going

This is a discussion on How is your dynasty going within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #769
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How is your dynasty going

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
OH MY GAWSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler
As signing day ends, we'll take a look at Marshall's 2014 recruiting class, highlight the class's top prospects, and predict what kind of role they'll play next season.

Head Coach Rex Martin managed to bring in the nation's 35th overall and the Mid-American conference's best recruiting class consisting of 12 total prospects, including 4 4-star players, 1 of which, was in the SPARQ (Top) 100.

Class Breakdown
Spoiler

Vohntae Johnson 78/82 Overall - Projected Role: Starting Free Safety
Spoiler

Jerod Fitzpatrick 78 Overall - Projected Role: Slot (3rd) Receiver
Spoiler

Matt Smith 67 Overall - Projected 2014 Role: Redshirt
Spoiler

Spoiler

And with that, the 2013 season officially concludes. I'm so ready for next year. Hopefully the Herd can actually play and win bowl game this year.

WE ARE! MARSHALL!

Last edited by CR3AMnCR1MS0N; 07-22-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #770
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Wyoming Dynasty Year 4

In the first annual neutral site game of Wyoming vs Boise State at Mile High in Denver, the Cowboys prevailed and avenged their loss to the Broncos last year which cost them a MWC title and BCS Bowl appearance. Boise got off to a 10-0 lead after 2 early interceptions, and had it in the redzone with a chance for a commanding 17-0 lead, but threw an interception which gave the Cowboys life. Wyoming converted 3 consecutive Touchdown drives, and their defense held on for the win, 24-18.

One of the key plays in the game was in the 3rd quarter.. with the score 14-10 Wyoming had it at midfield on a 4th and 5. The Cowboys ran a fake, and QB/WR/DB hybrid Frank Powell took the snap and scrambled to his left. Under pressure, he threw a pass on the run off his back foot.. and hit the kicker right in stride! The kicker managed to catch the ball and run for the first down in one of the most amazing plays of the season. Wyoming scored a touchdown that drive which gave them a 2 score lead late in the 3rd quarter.

Boise State had a tremendous drive early in the 4th quarter where they just could not be stopped. They finished it off with a touchdown to make it 21-18, but Wyoming had a great drive of their own and used a lot of time in the process. The Broncos managed to stop Wyoming short of a touchdown, but the damage was done as Boise got the ball back with just 20 seconds to go, down 6 after a Wyoming field goal. After 2 completions the Broncos had it at Wyoming's 40 yardline but the hail mary attempt was incomplete.

What a game it was! Can't wait to play out this rivalry every season. Playing at Mile High gave it a real 'big game' kind of feel to it.

Wyoming is now ranked #3 with a 7-0 record and they should finish the regular season undefeated with their remaining schedule of Mountain West bottom dwellers, excluding Nevada. An interesting game to keep an eye on will be the MWC Championship Game. Right now, Wyoming has command of the West division. But in the Mountain division, Utah State, Wyoming's rival and the surprise team of the year, is sitting at 7-0! They have a tough game vs Boise State this week though.

Could the Cowboys make the BCS National Championship game this season?

Wyoming needs one of the top 2 teams to lose. Currently ranked #1 and #2 are undefeated Georgia Tech and Florida (who defeated Wyoming in year 2 in the Sugar Bowl 28-21), after #1 Ohio State fell to Michigan State.

It should be an exciting to finish to the season!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #771
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlyGhost
Had some big fun at Alabama winning a National Championship as the OC. I felt there where going to be some good jobs on the market and there where just not great ones. I knew I was leaving for two reasons: Nick Saben won't retire for a while so might take a while to get bumped up to head coach. And I was tired of just playing one side of the ball.

So it came down to two decisions: Oklahoma State and Kansas State. (Btw I didn't get any great offers from outside of the Big 12. Indiana was the only other tempting offer.) Oklahoma State had a target of 10 wins per season, which I thought might be a little tough. Kansas State on the other hand had a target of 8 wins a season which is doable. Plus I like K-States jerseys a lot more. So I choose the Wildcats.

Played a total of 2 seasons with K-State and went 11-2 in both and 1-1 in bowl games. I'm doing pretty good considering Oklahoma has been very good especially bringing in recruits. My only problem is my recruiting sucks I haven't signed a 5 star recruit ever. In my first season I had the 24th best class and in my second season had the 25th best class. Right now it doesn't bother me too much because I don't plan on staying in Manhattan much longer. Waiting for the big job!

Currently in my 3rd season with K-State at this moment I'm 9-0! I beat #17 Michigan by a touchdown in OT and beat #10 Alabama by a touchdown in regulation. Right now we're having the best season of my career. My ratings are 90 ovr 95 off 87 def. In my first year we where 86 ovr 87 off 83 def!
I'm going to assume your a BIG12 fan and KState isn't a recruiting top players type of school. They literally recruit 3*s and 4*s and make do with what they have. And that's what OSU did for a while until they started winning the recruits came in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #772
MVP

Assassin's Arena

I'm 2-2 with the Notre Dame Irish.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #773
Rookie

jjbreez90's Arena

OVR: 4

Just finished my first year as the OC at New Mexico State... Finished 4-8 having an absolute BLAST running the Spread Option. Put the Coach progression to Slowest. Trying to make it a little more realistic in terms of advancement. Started at level 1 and I finished at Level 3.

Game 1 - @ Texas (L, 7-45)
Game 2 - Minnesota (W, 30-17) <--- I had 300 Yards Rushing this game
Game 3 - UTEP (L, 20-30)
Game 4 - @ UCLA (L, 23-35)
Game 5 - San Diego State (L. 28-40)
Game 6 - @ New mexico (W, 44-14) <-- Wow! A Team worse than mine!
Game 7 - Rice (L, 10-16) <--- Surprising Defensive Game...
Game 8 - FCS West (W, 37-10) <--- Ran for 400 Yards
Game 9 - @ UL Lafayette (L, 13-38)
Game 10 - Boston College (W, 41-34) <--- HUGE upset win for me. Kept me in Bowl Contention
Game 11 - @ FAU (L, 17-37)
Game 12 - Idaho (L, 22-29) <--- Embarrassing loss... Didn't really show up

Ended the year with Job Security at 89% but it has randomly dropped ot 50% in the Off-Season... Kind of annoyed but I declined their extension and had serious thoughts of leaving for my Hometown UNLV Rebels so I guess they should be angry.

Had offers from UNLV, Texas State, UTSA, etc. as the OC but I have a Stud QB (Threw for around 2,000 and ran for 1,000 more) for one more year so I decided to stay.

I also thought I did good recruiting (8 ***, 7 **, 6 *) but I barely broke the Top 100. Going to be interesting to see how the move to the Sun Belt works out.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #774
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Wyoming Dynasty Year 4

BCS National Championship Update!

The #1 team in the nation slips again as Georgia Tech falls to NC State! The Cowboys now move to #2 in the polls with their win over Nevada! One thing to watch out for is 10-0 Arizona.. they received a few votes for the #1 spot, hopefully they don't move ahead of me! Also 7-0 Utah State lost to Boise State and Air Force.. so much for a battle of the undefeated teams in the MWC championship game..
Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #775
Rookie

NothingfaceZERO's Arena

OVR: 1

lol at Texas losing 3 straight National Championships.

I'm in year 4 with Miami. I think my career record is 35-7 so far.

3-0 in bowl games including a Sugar Bowl win.

NO ACC titles. Not a single appearence.

VT has my number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #776
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Wyoming Dynasty Year 4

The Cowboys won vs Hawai'i and Fresno State but were overtaken in the polls by 12-0 Arizona. Wyoming now sits at #3 heading into the MWC Championship Game vs .... you guessed it! THE BOISE STATE BRONCOS!

What an epic game its going to be folks..

First he have THE REMATCH.. the Broncos handed Wyoming their only loss last season and cost them the conference championship and a BCS bowl appearance. Earlier this season these 2 teams faced off in their first annual neutral site rivalry game at Mile High in Denver, it was an intense game.. and guess where the MWC Championship is being held? Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver!

Next we have THE HISTORY.. Throughout my dynasty, every game vs Boise State has been an exciting, down to the wire game. They have all been big, important games as well, with a lot on the line. This time its no different.

Finally we have WHATS AT STAKE.. The Broncos are ranked #19 and the Cowboys are ranked #3, looking to hopefully end up in the BCS National Champion Game. Can you imagine if Boise ruined Wyoming's dream season 2 years in a row?

Can the Cowboys avoid another heartbreak, Can the Broncos fix their mistakes from their week 9 matchup? Can Wyoming move up to the #2 spot and play in the BCS National Championship Game? Can Coach K's prediction come true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Next year I am changing divisions so I can meet them in the MWC Championship game and kick some Bronco butt!

STAY TUNED FOLKS!

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 07-22-2013 at 12:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »