Home

How is your dynasty going

This is a discussion on How is your dynasty going within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #241
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: How is your dynasty going

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
I mean sure but OC and DC both recruit players just as much maybe even more than a HC.
Yeah, I just figure in the game all the recruiting is tied to the head coach so I'm going to let them use their attributes to handle it.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 AM   #242
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Yeah, I just figure in the game all the recruiting is tied to the head coach so I'm going to let them use their attributes to handle it.
I'm doing something similar. But I am only recruiting offensive players since I am the OC. Defensive are left up to the HC/cpu. And hes been going after some decent players, and having some good success. CPU also adds some offensive players, but they are usually not as good as the guys I go after. I also don't schedule the visits. Just add to the board, assign points (I only allow my self up to half of the total points) and offer scholarships.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #243
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Offseason 2015 Update for my ULM OC dynasty. (Now HC Dynasty)

Naturally our head coach Mark D'Onofrio bailed after one season to take the head job at Penn State. Our DC Todd Orlando left for the DC job at Florida.

I was, however, offered the Head Coaching job and took it. I love what the team is returning next season and am looking forward to taking over both sides of the ball. I will have brand new coordinators on both sides of the ball.

My new OC is fired Colorado State HC Jim McElwain, who is a level 11 OC. New DC is Lionel Washington who was the DC at Florida Atlantic who viewed this job as a better one. He is a level 6 DC.

Kind of funny the ULL head coach took a better job as well and their DC stepped in as the HC. Should continue to be a fun rivalry.

Returning my QB and HB for sure, bringing in a 70 ovr FR transfer at DT from Kansas State. Best recruiting class in the Sun Belt for the second straight season.

Biggest recruiting news is bringing in a 75 ovr athlete at QB. He will redshirt his first year while my SR runs the show then be ready to take over with the triple option as a RS FR.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

Last edited by thedudedominick; 07-13-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #244
Rookie

JayMacOriginal's Arena

OVR: 0

In my Minnesota dynasty I went into a game vs. #7 ranked Nebraska (7-0) with a 5-2 record and unranked status. I win 35-24. I am now #23 I then lose to Northwestern (3-3) and PENN STATE (0-8).
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
CFB: Oregon Ducks
Soccer: Liverpool
Old 07-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #245
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok how do you spoiler images? I tried attaching the image but couldn't find the way to spoiler it. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #246
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
Ok how do you spoiler images? I tried attaching the image but couldn't find the way to spoiler it. Thanks
put these tags before and after the image
[ spoiler ]

[ / spoiler ]

But remove the spaces.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #247
Rookie

JumpAround's Arena

I just started up a new dynasty as the head coach of Temple. First game against cross state rival Penn St. started out great as I took an early 10-0 lead. Penn St. put together a couple good drives in the 2nd quarter but I still had a 17-10 lead going into halftime.

After taking a 24-17 lead with under 2 minutes left, I allowed Penn St. to tie it up with a few seconds left. In overtime, I scored a TD on my first possession, and nearly ended the game on Penn State's first play in OT after causing a fumble. Penn St. recovered and scored a TD themselves, followed by another in 2OT. I busted a 17 yard run on my first play in 2OT to set up 1st and goal. I couldn't punch it in and was left with a 4th and goal from about 2 yards out. I ended up throwing off my back foot to an open receiver cutting across the goal line and under threw him just enough that when he caught it, it took him out of the endzone where he was tackled a yard short of the goal line.

So close, yet so far away from pulling off the upset...

Next weeks match up is a home game vs. Houston
MLB: MILWAUKEE BREWERS
NCAA: WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #248
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

First Dynasty, went with Kentucky. re-did my schedule so I would play navy/army/air force to see the cpu run the option, still kept an Aplus schedule due to the Sec.

first game was at Army. This was a really close game, and I threw a stupid interception late, was down 29-26 on their 42 with 4 seconds left. I called a draw and my HB took it 39 yards to the 3 before getting caught from behind. 29-26 loss to army...

second game was another close one 31-28 over Air Force.
third game I played at Old Dominion and won 44-27
Fourth Game I played at 6th ranked Florida and lost 38-24
Fifth game I played against 10th ranked South Carolina. I was down 10-0 at half and was sticking in the game when half way through the third, I hit a 44 yard run where the HB made one of the best juke moves ive ever seen. down 10-7 in the fourth, a QB option for 8 yards gave me a 14-13 lead and the defense held 3 times inside my 30 to beat 10th ranked South Carolina.
Now 3-2 with top ranked Alabama on deck.
so far 1 recruit has committed. a 65 overall tackle.

so far this is the best game ive seen out of ea sports football related on the field. the presentation is EXACTLY what we've wanted for freaking years. the halftime show etc, the replays, its just enough, and what should have been. the gameplay is sharp. when I lose it doesn't feel like I/they cheated to make it happen. very very happy w/ ncaa dynasty.

forgot to add, with this dynasty...I have redone the Kentucky gameplan. Im running a Shotgun/Pistol based running attack using Utah's playbook. there are 3 qb's on roster, 2 have decent alex smith like game speed, and the other one is a over 80 speed soph QB, who I redshirted. so next season I will have the PERFECT scrambling qb to use for 3 seasons to help lead Kentucky to some big wins. I am using Patrick Towles as my QB this year, and he is averaging 4.9 ypc despite his 75ish speed ratings.

Last edited by ajk49er; 07-13-2013 at 02:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »