Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2018, 06:10 PM   #345
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas32
Oh man that sucks about the Xbox crapping on you, but at least you found some joy out of the older NCAA games. I love that era as well. 2000, and 2001 NCAA on the PS One, and PS2 era are definitely my favorites.

Definitely let us know how the flexbone works out. I'm curious myself, and would be willing to pick up another PS2 in order to play that again.
I’ve been thinking about picking up a PS2 lately too and getting like NCAA 08 or something. I loved those old school playbooks and the RTG back then was so great. Was never big into dynasty back then but I know everyone else loves it too.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #346
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
I’ve been thinking about picking up a PS2 lately too and getting like NCAA 08 or something. I loved those old school playbooks and the RTG back then was so great. Was never big into dynasty back then but I know everyone else loves it too.

Since playing 08, I can honestly say I do not miss my 360 or one for that matter. I’ve always been more into sports games than any other. Yea graphics are nice, but I enjoy the depth of the little things like creating signs and even being able to give different color hair.

I started a dynasty with YSU like I said, and boy are they turrible! I actually decided to take on what I was doing with my madden franchise and playing all of the games. Let’s me make my own upsets or blowouts. It also keeps stats in line with my team.

As far as the flex goes, I feel like the reads are so much faster on ps2. You really have to pay attention to what the D is giving you. Maybe it’s just me, but I love it.

Even playing on varsity while I get myself used to it, I’m having a challenge. I’ve been blown out in all 3 of my losses. The great mullet let me know he was a man by whooping me as Georgia 42-0!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #347
Rookie

thomas32's Arena

I just want to throw this in there real quick.

I gave NCAA 13 a try for the first time in probably 2 years. Muchacho had me excited to play it again. I went with the Navy Playbook and tried running the flexbone. Man was that super difficult rofl!! I forgot how bad the blocking is sometimes on the older versions, and how fast the defense is. ( At least in my opinion )

So I switched over to the Option Run Playbook, and I ran the Wishbone only. Wow!! What a difference. The triple option was so explosive out of that formation. Especially the triple option reverse plays. 👍

So for anyone who is interested, give that a shot.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #348
Rookie

dgarrett92's Arena

I'm curious as to how often do you guys pass the ball . Obviously we all want to impose our will on defenses with the run, but how many pass plays do you run (or try to run) in any given game? Do you have a pass play count where you decide how many time you want to throw it in a game of do you just go by feel?
Old 10-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #349
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarrett92
I'm curious as to how often do you guys pass the ball . Obviously we all want to impose our will on defenses with the run, but how many pass plays do you run (or try to run) in any given game? Do you have a pass play count where you decide how many time you want to throw it in a game of do you just go by feel?

I have my tendency set to max run over pass. I ask coach for the play as if it were my OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #350
Rookie

thomas32's Arena

For me, it really depends if I'm struggling against a defense on how much I pass. I try not to pass at all, but if I do, I average about 4-6 attempts. I go by feel. A couple of weeks ago I finished a Dynasty season with Rice. I had 0 passes for the whole season.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #351
Rookie

dgarrett92's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas32
For me, it really depends if I'm struggling against a defense on how much I pass. I try not to pass at all, but if I do, I average about 4-6 attempts. I go by feel. A couple of weeks ago I finished a Dynasty season with Rice. I had 0 passes for the whole season.
Something about seeing 0/0 in the pass column is just......beautiful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2019, 09:36 PM   #352
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

What I find absolutely hilarious is that how now the current flexbone is designed around using your QB and letting him keep the ball.

The 3 main plays are now

1. Triple
2a. Zone Kick
2b. Zone Option

Run out of normal and Tight.

With how Navy and Army's best athletes are now at the QB position instead of the B back position they WANT teams to take the B back out of the game. The QB usually averages the most carries on the team (upwards of 20+). The B back gets 8-10 touches, the A backs gets 4-5. Depending on the opponent, they may not even get a single touch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »