Home

Is it time to do away with sliders?

This is a discussion on Is it time to do away with sliders? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is it time to do away with sliders
Yes - do away with sliders 15 18.99%
No - keep sliders in NCAA and Madden 64 81.01%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #25
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Is it time to do away with sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead

There probably isn't a person alive who understands sliders. And, if there is one, he probably works for JPL and not for EA.

Carry on.
Ill tell you what I understand.

I understand that the sliders I'm using, that I've tweaked myself to match my personal skill level, customized for me and no one else, are giving me the most realistic football simulation I've ever played. Period.

I'm a one star team, low 70s rated. I have a tough schedule in year 2 and a, sitting at 2-5. I'm second in the nation with 290 rushing yards a game but 86th in scoring. Navy put up 45 on me last season.

That would never, ever happen on default settings, even if EA made default settings better.

Oh, and the PC version of GTA has user made mods that basically act like sliders, In fact almost all PC games have mods, a form of sliders. The avalanche of an overwhelming majority of gamers prefer customization.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 07-14-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead

There probably isn't a person alive who understands sliders
. And, if there is one, he probably works for JPL and not for EA.

Carry on.

Completely false and this shows how much you really don't know about this area. There are a TON of people that understand sliders. Again, this is a YOU problem. The simple solution for you is to not to play with sliders. Removing them for everyone else is NOT a solution. There are 123 people viewing the NCAA Slider forum right now. People want and care about these things. They can also ask questions if they are confused.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #27
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Eventually this thread is just going to compare someone to Hitler. I don't like the way this is going, so I'll put in my two cents.

Sliders should stay in the game, so that the people who want to use them can use them. If you don't like an optional feature, don't use it. If you like it, use it.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #28
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Anyone who thinks that removing sliders would somehow miraculously get the gameplay team to bear down and get it "right" out of the box is, to put it kindly, living in a dream world.

Many, many things that get removed from newer version of games I totally don't have a problem with, sliders would not be one of those things ever. No sliders=no purchase for me.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »