Home

Penalties

This is a discussion on Penalties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I really don't understand why penalties have been this way for several years. I mean is it that hard to program this part of the game?
I totally agree. I've thought the same thing. Im sure its complex, but the differences from year to year on the game should be better.o
Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Well to enlighten everyone lol..

The penalties sliders dont really affect how often a penalty is called. (Although the game implies that it does.)

See what it really does is affect the CPUS logic/play-calling/ aggressiveness / & animations.

For example - 0 Def/Off Pass interference will make the CPU more aggressive on pass plays and will likly tackle you before you even make the catch. Where as 100 will make the CPU wayyyyy conservative & just back off you completely and sometimes let you make a catch, then tackle you lol.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
Rookie

The most common penalty I've seen has been clipping. It happens either all the time or not at all depending on the game. All I know is that it's really frustrating at some times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
Well to enlighten everyone lol..

The penalties sliders dont really affect how often a penalty is called. (Although the game implies that it does.)

See what it really does is affect the CPUS logic/play-calling/ aggressiveness / & animations.

For example - 0 Def/Off Pass interference will make the CPU more aggressive on pass plays and will likly tackle you before you even make the catch. Where as 100 will make the CPU wayyyyy conservative & just back off you completely and sometimes let you make a catch, then tackle you lol.
I did read that on here before. Just opinion, but they should make penalties that are similar to real ncaa football. Have no sliders and have an option of either on or off for penalties. Just for little kids or people who like arcade football.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #13
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbad31
I did read that on here before. Just opinion, but they should make penalties that are similar to real ncaa football. Have no sliders and have an option of either on or off for penalties. Just for little kids or people who like arcade football.
Oh i def agree!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #14
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Unless we stop buying EA is not gonna fix these issues. I just cannot believe that they can
keep ignoring this and act like nothings wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »