Home

(XBOX) "Y" Button on defending passes

This is a discussion on (XBOX) "Y" Button on defending passes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: (XBOX) "Y" Button on defending passes

I remember when instruction booklets came with games and it told you what to do. Now that they made it even MORE convenient and put the instructions right in the game, people have no idea where to look.

LB is to swat. Tapping Y does nothing. You have to hold it down and the animation will take place on its own at the appropriate time.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Now that they made it even MORE convenient and put the instructions right in the game, people have no idea where to look.
Not to mention an entire game mode called the Skills Trainer.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Yeah, tapping Y doesn't do anything, hold down Y. I haven't determined if he moves to the ball while you're holding Y, but it appears that he does automatically as long as he's near the ball. So it's like a magnet kind of thing...In skills trainer, I intercepted 15 balls out of 16 or something like that, with ease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea but skills trainer is nothing like the real game. The WR doesn't even run in skills trainer. He jogs.

Ball Hawk works sometimes, but more often no animations takes place. I like to use swat--- in prior games, if you went for pick and nothing happened you were screwed and swat worked 100% of the time if you were in position. However, in this years debacle, swat never works. Never. Only in skills trainer, when the WR jogs. What's worse, even if you just let the CPU handle it and the DB is in perfect position, the DB will neither swat nor intercept, just watch the WR make the catch. Pathetic.

Defense is broken.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
Rookie

collinnd2016's Arena

OVR: 0

This just kills me. I do the skills trainer of it. I get every pick. When I go into games they drop every dang ball. The only INTs I get are ones that are thrown directly to me or ones that get bobbled and happened to get caught.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Well that's different from a practice field

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »